Freerolls

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Excited to play one tonight... anyone have any particular strategy when playing freerolls...? Do you play differently from $$ entry tournaments? ive played them before but im always trying to improve my edge... this one is up above $5000.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Way looser the lower the risk/reward

A high # of entries, low payoff, freebie (ACR on-demand, for example), play it as loose as possible, to build your stack.
Cardschat is a quality freeroll, it pays enough to make it worthwhile, and you get ITM in less time. In this case you take it seriously, like you would a pay to enter tourney.

The more serious the freebie, the less crazy players, you know what to expect. Definitely play tighter, but if you are often playing with the same opponents, a little loose play can go a long way, for your table-image

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well.. I demonstrated what not to do tonight.. lol.. 24 players at 3 tables and it ended up being $4,000 .. KK ran into a straight early and I never could pick myself back up

N

NeoBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play freerolls....

Excited to play one tonight... anyone have any particular strategy when playing freerolls...? Do you play differently from $$ entry tournaments? ive played them before but im always trying to improve my edge... this one is up above $5000.

I play freerolls kind of tight and i will place in them doing that. If i don't make too many mistakes i can do really well. Tonight I won $.75 in a $10 freeroll on ACR. Not much but the experience I gained from it was priceless I hope to build enough money to play a $1 tourney and hopefully place in that and start to build a good size bankrool

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the prize payout... 10 places paid and 600 players? You need 90.000 chips, go for them... after 3 levels you should have 30000 and you can start to play and look for your spots to double up... no winning guarantee, you might loose all your chips anytime!!!

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play freerolls kind of tight and i will place in them doing that. If i don't make too many mistakes i can do really well. Tonight I won $.75 in a $10 freeroll on ACR. Not much but the experience I gained from it was priceless I hope to build enough money to play a $1 tourney and hopefully place in that and start to build a good size bankrool

Good luck there! It sounds like u are off to a nice start.. i havent cashed an acr $10 but i have in a cardchat monthly.. im just not committed enough in the $10 game i guess

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play freerolls only cardchat. Rarely play on money.But I like winning.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$5000 is alot. Play for real. You may have to take some chance against the freeroll maniacs but thats a price to pay to keep competitive in the game.

P

pokerpie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
played my first cardschat freeroll yesterday, almost made it in the money but lost a8 to aa. For the most part I treated it like a buyin tourney since I went into the tournament knowing it will be a knowledgeable player base from this great community. Would definitely play more tight than loose in the cardschat one, but for the free roll on demand on ACR I would play much more loosely. Hope that helps a bit and goodluck on the felt.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most freerolls are turbos, so good luck with the flips after the first thirty minutes.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love freerolls for not having to invest in a tournament. Good opportunity to increase bankroll.

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are mostly donkfests. At least the ones on ACR. Also playing for 10.00 total gtd is a joke. You can't build a bankroll playing in these but you can use them as practice.

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$5000 is alot. Play for real. You may have to take some chance against the freeroll maniacs but thats a price to pay to keep competitive in the game.

bstest.. I play in a points tournament that takes out $5 for every entry and then every 4 months we have a freeroll.. I busted out early this time and was the bubble the time before that.. they actually have longer rounds in the freeroll then the regular tournaments.

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls... There's nothing like playing for free and a chance to get profit out of it.

But then again, since players have nothing to lose, they tend to be very very loosely, playing marginal hands that one would rather think twice about playing in other scenarios.

I love playing freerolls, I never get tired of them.

T

TanaT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls go to All In, I think that luck is on their side. Even two AAs do not play. with marginal cards go, even 72 go. the main thing is patience.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the freeroll im playing. If its the cardschat freeroll, i play it like im playing real money, like i put in my own money in there.
If its some other freerolls in pokerstars that run every hour, i play it like zynga and go all in with whatever hand i got and just hope i hit a jackpot like a double up or triple up then i get serious. :)

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly I think the best thing in freerolls strategy wise is knowing what hands you should be playing and not playing too many simply because 90% of the time no matter what someone will either go all in or call you especially early on so you don't want to be throwing chips away early on hands you shouldn't be playing

Donsmak

Donsmak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depened on freerolls , for example cardchat freeroll people play more seriously cuz they havin good winning prizes, not like ACR on demand freeroll , most people just go all in with any hands :)

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love the CC free rolls... great way to get a bankroll and solid competition which helps strengthen game and focus

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CC is one of the freerolls I only play in, I have given up on the others, because of the yo-yos who play in then. Standards tend to improve once you get to play for a good few dollars.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree with many of the previous comments. The CC freerolls are definitely the best Freerolls online. The majority of the other freerolls play like a bingo donk fest. The CC tournaments have solid play and great players using real money strategy. Every now and then there is a new player that plays the donk shove every hand ridiculous waste of time strategy (if you can call it a real strategy lol) but they ultimately bust themselves through their own horrible decisions. Even when they get lucky they continue to push all in. This doesn’t work with aces every hand therefore it’s definitely not gonna be successful with 75 off suit. Thankful that the CC tournaments play like a real tournament should. I have learned a lot from some of the better players here.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I love cc $100 freerolls. No longer play $10 and $25 freerolls, my time is worth more. Now if there were some type of leaderboard, it would be tempting if a certain amount of players were invited monthly to a higher paying freeroll for playing $10 freerolls, that would be a possibility.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play all the freerolls equally. Everywhere there are fish and you need to play carefully in the beginning. And only when the time comes to the top places can you start playing like in normal paid tournaments.

J

jokkerivanapoiss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately I don't even get near to the bubble. I think I need a small break from playing.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A high # of entries, low payoff, freebie (ACR on-demand, for example), play it as loose as possible, to build your stack.
Cardschat is a quality freeroll, it pays enough to make it worthwhile, and you get ITM in less time. In this case you take it seriously, like you would a pay to enter tourney.

The more serious the freebie, the less crazy players, you know what to expect. Definitely play tighter, but if you are often playing with the same opponents, a little loose play can go a long way, for your table-image

Good advice. I agree whole heartily!

Freeroll Passwords