Four tells that should tell you to fold

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with the hand that in this case fold. I believe in a $200 bet from a player. Today, playing with a short deck of 6+ and having AA in my hands, I played this hand carefully and eventually folded after the turn to the opponent's bet. ))

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, there are some major issues with the example hand, before it even gets to the point, that the opponent fire that big donk bet on the turn.

Preflop
We are facing a 12,5BB raise over a single player, which is absolutely huge, so why are we even getting involved with AJs? Such a massive raise is likely representing an extremely strong range, that has AJs crushed, so why dont we just fold?

Flop
Why are we raising with TPTK, when our opponent can have all the overpairs or a set? This is a massive overplay, we should just call and see a turn.

Turn
Having completely misplayed our hand and put in far to much money with a mediocre hand, we need to fold now.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good advice.
I would like to add that when pretty good players shut up it more often than not is a sign of a big big hand trying to figure out how to extract
maximum value compared to when tricky LAG's who seem to be abundantly represented in live cash games do it when bluffing.
Even though in general I agree with fundiver199's comment that a conservative fold pre flop is to be preferred here
I do also think that the right pot + implied odds were given to hero to play just the way he did especially in position.

Last edited:
Folding in Poker Poker Tells