Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
  1. Bankroll management
  2. discipline
  3. Know your opponets
  4. Patience
:captain:

Many of these are really good advice. I guess I am sorta a new player, I hadn't played competitively since 2006 until like May of this year

The ones that listed discipline really apply to me, I think that leads to all the rest.

C

corieaddison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Game Volume?

I agree. Bankroll management can sometimes be very difficult but is necessary. Although if you can deposit a couple thousand, then you can start playing tourneys that will pay big. $10 tourneys or somewhere around that. Yes, do not tilt, if you do then take a break.

What is Game Volume?

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1-Money to start
2-Anticipation
3-Attitude
4-Expand your focus

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
1. Наличие бесконечной еды
2. Любимая музыка в ушах
3. Сильный указательный палец
4. Чтобы мамка давала люлей, тогда ответственно играешь, чтобы выйти в плюс
ne gavarete pa Ruski lol

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1- Controlling Emotions (Experience)
2. Healthy Bankroll to Avoid Pressure
3- Patience
4- A little luck does not hurt rsrs

VMVarga

VMVarga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree. Bankroll management can sometimes be very difficult but is necessary. Although if you can deposit a couple thousand, then you can start playing tourneys that will pay big. $10 tourneys or somewhere around that. Yes, do not tilt, if you do then take a break.

What is Game Volume?

I believe that is the number of games, or amount of time played.

1. Bankroll management
2. Mental toughness and focus
3. Practice/study
4. Having a well rounded life outside of poker.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Patience
2. Money
3 .Single
4. Seat cushion

T

Tuan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 Game Selection
2 TAG Style
3 Keep Your Current Job
4 Game Selection

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Know how to manage the bank Know how to control emotions before the losses Play at your level Know how to read opponents

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Distsyplina
iron eggs
a little beer
Maths

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience, always keep your style of how you play, experience, and avoid anything that takes away your concentration in the game

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. Healthy Bankroll: a player with a healthy bankroll plays calm and without pressure that if he loses he can not play anymore ...! 2. Patience: Patience to wait for the spots indicated to play and not despair. 3. Emotional control: you should never lose emotional control ... a bad move can affect you emotionally and lose a tournament ... or a good move can cause overconfidence and end up losing a tournament .. 4. knowledge about the villains: you must be very focused and have a good reading of how the villains play at your table ... that will make you win many marginal hands ..!
Agree wholeheartedly!
Think you mentioned it all in detail

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, the All CardsChat Community!
By my opinion, the four pillars of the successful player next:
1. Permanent playing practice!
2. Bankroll management.
3. Constant and consistent work over own Skill.
4. Faith in Yourself ! :cool:

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The four pillars of the successful player: Bankroll management Tilt control Game volume The game EV +

Hello, luiaguila! Me became a very interesting about Tilt control...:rolleyes: Curiously, as may to control Tilt?! :confused: Because, if is a person, which knows , as to control Tilt, I think, he could to be a millionaire, teaching others by infinitely... Because, by my opinion,
Tilt is not possible to control... Simply the Tilt coming accidently, when wants, and also go away accidently... I think, need simply
wait out Tilt, and by possibility at once to finish play, and when you feel confidence again, continue to play... :captain:That's all!

V

verand

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, the All CardsChat Community!
By my opinion, the four pillars of the successful player next:
1. Permanent playing practice!
2. Bankroll management.
3. Constant and consistent work over own Skill.
4. Faith in Yourself ! :cool:

This is not enough. You have to be born for poker. You need to learn how to bluff correctly.

F

Fryesmetalroofs777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You got to know when to hold them and when to fold them. To be sucessful you got to know when to make the right bluff. You got to only play a percentage of your total bankroll. Also, you got to be able to somewhat read your opponent.

Z

zhilipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
focus
patience
knowing your numbers
only play if you can afford to lose

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Play only the money you don't mind and have fun)

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is not enough. You have to be born for poker. You need to learn how to bluff correctly.

Hello, dude verand! You wrote:"need to learn how to bluff correctly":confused: Ve-ery interesting! Ha-ha-ha!.. Explain, please, sir!
But better demonstrating on the own examples... I wait with not patience!:rolleyes::)

TonyTwoCheeks

TonyTwoCheeks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
  • Discipline
  • Observation
  • Logic & Math
  • Bankroll management

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The four pillars of the successful player

Good morning everyone.
Technical knowledge of the game, mathematical knowledge, patience and one of the pillars that I consider the most important luck, in a Mtt several times you will have to go All in, and many times your chances of winning the hand will be 50%, sometimes less with AK vs a pair, where AK has a 46% chance of winning if I'm not mistaken, luck and a very important factor if not the most important.
I do not know you have heard some players saying that so and so has a winning account, in my case it is different what I lose with strong hands, every time I take bad bet.

Attachments

• KK vs 22 como se lucrativo com tanta Bad pokerstars.jpg
    KK vs 22 como se lucrativo com tanta Bad pokerstars.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 15
  • KK vs JJ vs 99 perdi para os.jpg
    KK vs JJ vs 99 perdi para os.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 16
  • TT vs AhKh  flush no flop  01 02 2020.jpg
    TT vs AhKh flush no flop 01 02 2020.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 16
theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4+8 balusters of Poker

1. *Never play your first hand until you start on your 3rd 'drink'.

2. *Prepare to play for your entire stack with ANY Ace dealt to you. We don't have time for patience and discipline, were collecting stacks here! The odds of another player having a better hand is only like 1 in 50. You are holding one of the 4 best cards in the deck. Don't waste this opportunity. There is only an 8% chance another player has a better Ace. That is 92% in your favor!!

3. *Don't believe button or small blind raises. It's a bluff 100% of the time.

4. *Studying is a waste of time. Just pull up youtube and 'watch' the results of other people who have done the work. 20 hours of study wrapped up in 6-10 minutes. Thanks Doug Polk - your in-depth game theory optimal, heads up, high stakes, extensive knowledge is going to work so well in this upcoming MTT freeroll.

5. *Cash games, SnGs, MTTs, Satellites, it doesn't matter. It's all poker - how you play should not change just because there are 3 less players at the table! You are taking them all down - let the fishes worry about pay jumps, bubbles, opening ranges, and anties.

6. *As soon as you win ANY money in a freeroll - you should buy-in for the highest buy-in event possible. No risk No reward! You'll never get anywhere if you buy-in for only 1/20th of your entire roll. If you deposit $50 dollars on a site - you should probably play two $20 buy-in SnGs. They are quick and you will get a fast return on your investment. Or play two $20 tourneys. You will surely finish in the top 3 and turn your $50 into $10,000 without the hassle of all that bankroll management nonsense.

7. *If you want to be the best poker player - you have to beat the best. Don't look for games that have weaker players than you. Seek out games you know players are very good - and beat them! Who wants to beat simple fish for pennies - when you can dominate the pros for stacks of cash!

8. **Loose and aggressive players win the most money EVER!! Your never going to make the final table in your $1.00 buy-in event unless you are aggressively taking down every pot. Don't worry about your cards. You can play it blind. Aggression is the most important factor that wins the game. Don't worry about position, 4bet that fool out of position, he will see your dominance and fold. Don't worry about image, stack sizes, bet sizes. These are obviously insignificant elements of the game that lowly, break even players worry about. Focus 100% on aggression and the Benjamins will roll in.

9. *Play EVERY suited hand as if it were pocket Aces. Position matters not. These donks will never know. Don't worry if it's J/3 or 7/2. The flush is coming - so make sure the pot is huge by the river. If the flush happens to miss - don't worry, a river bluff shove is GTO! That's what you'd do if you had the nuts - so balance here is important. Open it up 8x and 3bet EVERY raise in front of you. Remember - you have pocket Aces!

10. *Every time you are dealt your mostest favortist hand - that 6/3 or 7/T play it strong. Don't worry about your position or stack sizes or when the money bubble is going to pop. This is your lucky hand. Remember this is the hand you busted that one player in just before the final table of that one freeroll six months ago. That was so awesome! The straight is coming. Play it every time it is dealt to you. You will bust that chip leader this time with your sneaky, lucky hand! He'll never see it coming.

11. **Punish limpers. No don't even hesitate to 3bet them - just shove - they will fold. They limped because they have a weak hand they want to see a flop with.

12. *If you are unsure about a hand in a certain position - just shove. Luck is on your side.

Now on to the game.

* sarcasm - in case anyone missed it
** a little ring of truth - taken to the extreme

Last edited: