Fold AA preflop?

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What would you do if you have AA and they go all in? Fold or do you call all in? I pay without thinking!Screenshot 20210909 234211 ChromeScreenshot 20210909 234307 Chrome

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Can anyone explain it to me???? Why the ****ing reason he folded AA???

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, I will call all-in with AA. This is the best possible pocket pair.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe add a little context with this?

Any other tournament you are 100% calling here.

But Lex is on a Sat bubble, 5 people who are way shorter than him
so why would you ever gamble with AA here? it's the easiest fold of your life. Who ever would call here should probably go over the senario a few times. cause a clearler fold can't be made ever than this one...

Yes i would fold aswell on a sat bubble with AA

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing poker about 10 years and what i remember i fold AA only once preflop. Usually it goes well with this pocket.

D

David Gibson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only reason anyone would ever fold is out of fear. You are here to play poker and you have been dealt the best possible starting hand. Why do you play poker if you would ever throw this away in any position? First hand, bubble or heads up, what the hell?

I am awestruck that this question even came up! Would you ever call all in with 72o preflop, when everyone else has called all in?

Same level of stupidity in the question!

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to use the chance to increase the stack. But everything also depends on the proximity of the prize places. This player's stack consists of 5.5 BB and if he gets a card to enter from a raise, he will still need to make all in.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Standard fold here , although the open raiser can open jams literally any 2 cards there are 9 players left , 8 get a 10K seat and Lex Veldhuis is 4th/9 players. Plus the BB position will hit all the smaller stacks in the coming orbit and the ante is 1500.
I guess is one of the very few times we can fold AA preflop that easy.

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Perfect spot to fold here.

Also think I saw a guy fold AA pre-flop in that old pokerstars TV show, The Big Game? Didn't want to risk any more and I can sort of respect that.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe add a little context with that?

Any other tournament you are 100% paying here.

But Lex is on a Sat bubble, 5 people who are much shorter than him,
so why would you play AA here? it's the easiest fold of your life. Whoever called here should probably go to the Senary a few times. because a clearer fold can never be made than this...

Yes, I would also fold on a sat bubble with AA [/QOTE]

In this situation, it's just doubling up and doubling times before I need to.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, there are different situations, but I would also be willing to take risks ..... otherwise playing poker would be very boring.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is never folded preflop, only in satellites there are times when you need to fold.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I believe he folded because his $10K trny seat is, basically, guaranteed if he folds now. At this point the sat has come to fruition, he's accomplished the task which is to place in the top 8. Stacking more chips is not the reason for playing anymore. Folding AA pre-flop is the correct play. Kudos Lex.

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in a tournament the player ran with K'K because in the previous turn he had doubled his stack. Anyway, in the hand, 'KK was the winner, luckily for the villain the hero was out

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
What would you do if you have AA and they go all in? Fold or do you call all in? I pay without thinking!View attachment 294766View attachment 294767

aaahhhi i see why the fold.

Stone-cold bubble in winning a seat to the 10k where there are more than half of the players shorter than you and where the all-inner is putting pressure for an elimination.
So definitely not a call.
Fold, fold and keep on folding :deal: :cool::cool::cool:

S

Sagory

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only reason anyone would ever fold is out of fear.

No, I disagree here, IMHO strategy is also a reason. There is always the option that AA will lose. When you are in the bubble it might be smart to fold.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

In the top left corner it says "$10k sat 8 seats", and in the right corner it says "My position 4 out of 9". Together this tells us, it was the bubble of a satellite, and several players were sitting on a much shorter stack than Lex. This included the player, who was in big blind now and another player, who would be forced all in within the next two hands. Dubbling his stack would not significantly increase Lex chance of winning a ticket, and this is why, its a good fold.

MC_asp

MC_asp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Lex Veldhuis's situation, I would have thrown away my cards too. Why take a risk when your price is within reach?

Furthermore, I would just play a pockets aces in any other situation.

gloemcesar

gloemcesar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CL
Chips
Hi there

He is a pro he make the right decision. other people just call y busted out the bubble saying "I got AA i cant fold"

Folding in Poker