Status
Not open for further replies.
el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won't fold AA pre flop ever not even KK ! : ) It's against poker laws...

rytciaq

rytciaq

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the only time you can fold aces preflop, is when you have a giant stack in a satellite where top20 get paid, and there are 22 people left.

punctual

punctual

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When it comes down to it, AA is still just a pair. The more people that are in a pot with you the greater the chance someone will outdraw you. I personally do not feel comfortable going all in with ANY hand Pre-Flop, especially when playing online. Online, people will call with small suited gappers and even 83suited. Against that kind of wide distribution of possible villain hands, many flops will go against AA.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Great!!! We've got a bunch more players who are willing to fold AA preflop! (& they even have good reasons too!
ie.
AA is just a pair.. < imagine that!
Fold on the bubble if a bigstack is ai & let the other guy 'maybe' bubble (instead of more than tripling up your stack <<< sounds like solid advice!

I'm sure there's many more! Looks like poker is going to be profitable awhile longer.

hugomito

hugomito

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never fold

is the best hand

S

StudentBluff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you. I never fold Aces preflop

K

kidnaping

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well

i think is rentable fold and wait the bubble broke

T0mmmi

T0mmmi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding AA preF ....you CRAZY ???

This is the best preF hand and you are scared to play it ? Why ???
I know the bubble makes us do crazy staff...but I would never fold AA preF even on the bubble... This is the hand you are waiting for to get as much as possible !!! Not to Fold it .... You seem to me like TAP FISH who is just scared to play.....We have this saying : "Who is scared should not go into forest ! " Sooo if you are folding AA because of BUBBLE ...go and do something else than poker bro ....

Theromeo2k

Theromeo2k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To everyone that applies:

Everyone can keep saying whatever they want and keep this discussion flowing. However, you might want to use something called QUOTATION when addressing your response in this thread, so that everyone knows who's responding to what/whom.

Also, It doesn't hurt to mention someone's username when addressing your response, even if you're posting what you think about the topic; you can always add to your comment "To OP (original poster)" or something of the sort.

S

Stryder

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Never fold AA preflop. AA is the best preflop hand and folding it before the flop is a losing play in the long run. Tournament bubbles are some of the most profitable situations that exist in a tournament because everyone is so scared to bust. You should always be looking to take advantage of this and build your stack. It is a mistake to fold AA preflop even with all that action in front just because you want to cash in the tournament. The player you're quoting is just being short term results oriented and isn't making the best possible long term decision by folding AA preflop. You always should be playing for first place, not to just squeak into the money.

developer716

developer716

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Никогда не сбросил AA на префлопе. АА-это лучшая рука на префлопе и складывать ее до флопа-это потерять играть в долгосрочной перспективе. Турнир пузыри являются одними из самых выгодных ситуаций, которые существуют в турнире, потому что все так страшно бюст. Вы должны всегда быть готовы воспользоваться этим и построить свой стек. Это ошибка раза AA на префлопе, даже при всем при том действий в передней, просто потому, что вы хотите денежные средства в турнире. Игрок вы цитируете просто краткосрочные, ориентированных на результаты, а не максимально долгосрочные решения путем складывания AA на префлопе. Вы всегда должны играть за первое место, чтобы не соврать в деньги.

and most often in your pocket AA can crush banal 7-2 or something like that )

T

TrueBloodz07

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i'd never fold AA unless you're in a satellite and it's impossible to fall out.

doesn't matter if it's a multiway pot or not. AA is still the best hand

TakinOver

TakinOver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man im to the point where Im scared to play it.. AA KK QQ and the worst JJ !!! I get killed by Big blind mostly but it never fails. I cant stand it !! Lately I will lose 90% of the time with these big pairs.

Last edited:
R

redcoyote211

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Decisions

I agree that he should not have folded.I mean there u are a short stack on the bubble with AA and its a multi way but only for certain reasons i think their was value lost maybe not that hand for instance but in the long run of things.just cause u fold it doesnt mean u would have made it ,past the bubble,most of the time,as u was a short stack.:D.

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most of the time your not gonna fold your rockets unless its around a 5 way pot and everyone has already gone all in(so basically never haha)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your aces are 80% favorite to win a pot... but you are 95% to win a satty seat... YOU FOLD.

Brunson addressed this a while back. Yes there are times where you fold any 2 cards. It is very case specific.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
most of the time your not gonna fold your rockets unless its around a 5 way pot and everyone has already gone all in(so basically never haha)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

You're going to fold AA because a bunch of others have already gone allin ahead of you? Doubt you could ever get me to fold AA in that scenario.

Often when people are calculating the odds of AA winning in a multi-way pot, they suggest how AA stands up again random hands. How often are random hands getting it in?
Then others will say stuff like "well if we're all fairly deep I can fold my AA because I don't want to take the risk cuz I know my chance % of winning is greatly reduced... and I can wait for a 'better spot'"
This is basically nonsense. Try running some scenarios to see how AA stands up but maybe before doing so, think about the odds the pot is giving you... say there's 4 others allin ahead of you, & you're holding 'Rockets'. If you put them on a top5% range (88+,AJs+)... or throw in a KQs, etc. AA is still ~50% to win! That is HUGE!
... you're getting massive odds, with a great chance to win a HUGE pile of chips. What 'better spot' are people folding & waiting for?

Last edited:
dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're going to fold AA because a bunch of others have already gone allin ahead of you? Doubt you could ever get me to fold AA in that scenario.

I actually almost considered throwing AA away in the nightly 33 on merge just the other night. 3 all ins in front of me and i'm not rolled on merge to re-enter(Sattied in, right around bubble) Then I came down to reality and snap called my stack... Busto before the $$

But yes I agree... Can't fold AA pre

tothbopo

tothbopo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My theory. AA gives a win four out of five times if four other players are going in one of them will beat you nice fold. But short stack has to give it a try.

billy198702

billy198702

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally agree on your fold imagine you get soaked in by flush double pair straight and lose the end table no ty prefer slow play if needed

The issue was 2 other big stacks went all inn
The fold is actually ideal thinking
Most likely 1 big stack will be eliminated trough the other one
You can than take a underdog position and put pressure on the big stack

In Anny way every hand is a tricky one depending at what hand it is pre flop even pair 2 could kill ya

S

SwiftHax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a dream come true, closing the action with AA and two shoves from the deep stacks on the bubble increases your odds tremendously of cashing big.

I think you can toy around with some odds calculators putting in their aprox ranges and your chances of finishing in a certain place before and after stacking off to determine whether you should be making these calls or not, but in the heat of the moment, I would probably call.

The times I would be making these folds is when I'm in some big buy-in tournament with a ticket and would be more than happy to take the min cash. Otherwise folding Aces preflop is never an option.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I totally agree on your fold imagine you get soaked in by flush double pair straight and lose the end table no ty prefer slow play if needed

Just imagine if the guy holding 74o hits a flop of 444!
OR.. flop comes A-9-4 ... but then turn & river are '4' & '4'
OMFG! fold that AA! (or wait til' you've got a lock postlfop then shove it allin & expect to get calls?)

sorry but (imo) this just doesn't make sense at all (hence my ridiculous 'imagine' scenarios)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My theory. AA gives a win four out of five times if four other players are going in one of them will beat you nice fold. But short stack has to give it a try.

Yup. You'll lose ~1/2 the time but you'll be quintupling your stack the other 50% of the time.

That'd be similiar to flipping a coin ... heads or tails.
with a wager of $20, you're offered $100 if you win the flip
do you take it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folding in Poker