Status
Not open for further replies.
tothbopo

tothbopo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday it happened. I was short stacked and 5 players go all in with i had AA. A pair of kings wins with a flush yes its right pure lottery

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yesterday it happened. I was short stacked and 5 players go all in with i had AA. A pair of kings wins with a flush yes its right pure lottery

We have proof! AA = fold in multi-way pot!

Attachments

• fp.gif
    fp.gif
    70.5 KB · Views: 33
Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

U should write a strat guide.... I'm sure the mods would move it to the golden archives if all the advice is as good as this advice

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone agree with me here? If not, please leave your responses as to why you don't agree. #Embrace #Debate

I don't agree with your response because I think he justified his reasons for folding - if he wanted to cash more-so than he wanted the 30%+ risk of ending his tourney then fair play to him.

However, if I personally was in the same position and wanted to win the tourney more-so than cashing then I'd agree with your response.

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the Bubble with this many players all in pre is a nightmare.

I use to fold so many hands around the bubble & have slowly become more confident with making the right desicions, but its something that only years of experience has helped me with. I use to fold a lot due to "BRM" (this guy was proberly thinking about that too) & just not knowing any better while just trying to survive through this phaze of the tourney.

Not anymore. I hit those suckers hard. If I go out, so be it. My BRM will cover it. Besides if ya get use to fold Monsters, then you will proberly have tendencies do it far to often, and at the wrong times too.

Anyway. I dont disagree with either decision. I was guilty of the same a while back & would of been outed if I didnt fold. I ended up getting 5th for $6.50 in a micro 55c Tourney. Damn sight better than nothing at all.

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless it's satellite bubble where all the ITM gets paid the same, it's a fold. I've folded AA before in the past but that's because it's exactly the scenario I just mentioned, where all the ITM gets paid the same.

Putting that aside, if it's standard tournament, you don't play to survive and measily cash. You play to win. You can't ask for better scenario than this. It's an INSTANT call. I agree with the OP who breaks down the thought process of why it should be a call. And mostly, deep stack players went all-in to ISOLATE you away so they can go heads-up with the short-stack.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the Bubble with this many players all in pre is a nightmare.

This is pretty much an oxymoron.... On the bubble it's unlikely more than 3 people will ever get it in all at once, unless u r legit looking at AA VS. KK VS. QQ. Wouldn't worry to much about this

B

BlakeBrown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You tend to only remember the bad beats you have had with AA because when you win with it you probably just carry on, like you are supposed to

strodawg

strodawg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly would have went with it but that is why I am not a good player cause I risk myself of popping the bubble all the time and my percentage of doubling is bad. It is all about timing if you feel it is not the right time you fold if you feel good shove!

D

dariodg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I read a lot of situations like that and I realized that:

It depends 100% on the intentions of the player. WHY!? Because:

If you're playing in a tournament and you're 1 position left from the prizes, and dealt AA you've come to a crossroads.

You can fold, throwing away all chances you have and any kind of pot you can win to enter the prize AND avoid a nonsense badbeat in this particular hand IF YOU REALLY NEED TO GET INTO THE PRIZES BY ANY MEANS.

Or you can tell yourself "i ain't folding a pair of aces lad" and push all-in or whatever, aim for a bigger pot, and AS WELL aim for higher places in the tournament, which implies bigger prizes.

But I think that none of these decisions are bad. They just depend on the eye of the beholder.

I hope I explained myself :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folding in Poker