B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I usually slo play AA ,but too often they lose( Tue cc freeroll)I think you are better to go all in but then your disappointed when everyone folds. What are your thoughts?

F

Foxie12340

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on how far into the tournament I am if it’s the first I might slo play but farther in I don’t fool around with them

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
No, you should not slow play AAs. When you limp, you give other players the chance to see a cheap flop with bad cards and hit a straight or flush.

In my opinion, you should also not go all-in directly, except if you're short in stack. Just make a standard open and hope for 1 or 2 players to call. Then bet 1/3-1/2 of the pot on the flop and see what happens.

Ideally your opponents hit a pair themselves and you can squeeze some more chips out of them. 😁

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Your 'default' should be to be aggressive with AA- open/ 3-bet/ 4-bet to avoid playing a multi-way pot as your equity goes way lower in this cases (for example if you are little over 80% favorite with AA vs one opponent, you are only ~60% favorite against two opponents that have let's say JTs and 87s...), also most of the population don't fold easily with Aces even on bad boards and that's why you hear many times how people lose a lot with this nb1 preflop hand and rarely win big with it- most of the times people play the hand the wrong way...

That doesn't mean that you have to fold preflop in a multi-way pot if you have 2 or more people already All In or are sticky after you raise(or you should never slowplay with it- for example I like to limp with AA late in an mtt from the small blind if no other player is involved in the hand and/or any other position at a table with active players that might shove after to try and steal a few blinds); just be aware that even tho you are still favorite preflop, you are more likely to lose the hand in this multi-way situations. GLGL at the tables!

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA is the easiest hand to play preflop, no matter what happens before you, it will almost never be a mistake to rearrange, because you are always ready to go all—in with aces
maybe some factors should be taken into account in the post-flop, but I try to play very aggressively, even if everyone discards the cards, I won't be upset, it's better than losing with such a monster

and let's not forget, every fifth AA hand loses to random cards and do not overestimate the strength of this hand

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA always play aggressively, regardless of the type and what state the tournament is in

W

wvielmo

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I usually play very aggressively AA, all in most of the time.

F

Frankyy97

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
1 or 2 player after under the gun I sometimes play AA slow. But as dealer or out of position I play them always aggressive!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In depends on the situation. With short stacks like 20BB it can be fine to just call with AA, especially against players, who are very bluffy postflop or overplay their hands. Another situation is, when you flop top set on a dry board like A93 rainbow. On such a board its difficult for your opponent to have a strong hand, when you have 2 or the 3 unseen aces, and even more difficult for them to draw out on you. And for those reasons it can be fine to check or just call to allow them to either catch up or bluff the turn.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop all-in in deep with a premium hand is pointless, because if there is no other call able hand, you only win the blinds, which is a wasted opportunity. Of course, if the table is very loose and go for the flapping and allin call., then preflop allin makes sense, but this is a rare situation even at the freeroll level.
In any case, it is worth varying the game, regardless of the bet size. At lower stakes, it's much less common, but sometimes it's worth playing AA slowly.

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually bet a lot with AA, I can call preflop if I'm in early position and they usually raise after me.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never slow play AA, because like you I've already lost so many times.

85champ07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Slow playing AA should be done with caution. I would recommend slow playing only if you are late and need to protect what chips you have when your short stacked. Otherwise, if you have a chip lead or if you are early and short I would imagine it is best to bet for value and to get others out of the hand so they don't catch luck with junk.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
AA is big raise, 3-bet, 4-bet, 5-bet..... all in pre flop. If the board turns out to be dangerous, fold. Simple as that. No reason to slow play aces in micro games.

G

GoodmanAA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
KZ
Chips
I think we should go all-in with AA. If you reset everything, you still earn something. If you lose, it's not that disappointing. And when you trap and after opening you yourself fall into it, it is insulting and you fall into the slope.

zamana80

zamana80

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends from my position: i am watching my opponents behavior and trying to get as much bank as i can.
I realized that pushing all in with aces is a 95% fold from my opponents and non sense move.
So yes, i would like to slow play or will wait someone to raise.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the situation at the time.
"AA or something, how do you win?"
There are even professionals who say that.

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
as soon as I play AA, they always outbid me (((

apLike

apLike

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course))) You need to enjoy this hand, wait for the moment and all-in! AA is my favorite hand)

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hi,
I think it's better to mix it up with premium hands, for you not to be predictible.
It works mostly against tight agressive players. Against loose players, better go for it. Not 3bet all in when 100bb deep, 3bet or 4 bet rationnaly to not loose your customer.
Anyway, it takes research and practice to improve your game. My advice is to go read articles and watch videos about poker strategy. You can watch pros play and try to understand what they are doing.
Gl at the tables

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I usually slo play AA ,but too often they lose( Tue cc freeroll)I think you are better to go all in but then your disappointed when everyone folds. What are your thoughts?
No I don’t slow pocket aces.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It doesn't matter what hand you have. You should always look at your position. In the case you exposed, with AA in hand you should bet higher the further away from the button you are. I would say 6 bet from UTG ending with 2 bet from the button if no one has raised before you. If someone raises before you, 3 bet. The ideal scenario is you are left with only 1 opponent to see the flop. Post flop take the initiative and bet big or re-raise 3 bet. but note that the board is not setting up a flush, a straight or a 3 hand for the opponent.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on many factors. From your place at the table, from your opponents and from the structure of the tournament. I usually play aggressively, but not always.

T

Tommyc9494

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love to slow play pocket AA but depending on the situation I’ll play them more aggressively. Say if there is a few players that limp in I’ll raise big to force at least some to fold. If I get re raised in that situation I’ll shove all in there and then.
My reason for playing them like this is because although they are the strongest starting hand they are seriously weakened when playing agains several players unlike they are when heads up