Do you slow play AA?

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As in all poker play it depends on position, who is still in, chip stack, etc. Several of the answers I've read say to go all in. I think this is foolish. To many times I have seen Aces cracked. Aces are just 1 pair. An opponent with pocket kings will call an all in and can catch a king, straight, flush. You don't want to lose your tournament life or a ton of chips on 1 hand!

J

jj6m

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you should paly the same AA or 27, otherwise it is a tell

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I go all-in with AA. In this way, I reduce the number of players entering the game and increase the chance of winning. If no one answered, that's fine too.

Madalin Poke

Madalin Poke

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Well personally I change my playing style depending on the climate at the table, so, by default, I play A-A in some different ways.

For example if I create an impression that I make much bluffs (and attention, I create the impression), I'd probably play the Aces aggressive, because many of my opponents tend to think that I may bluff my hand. 🤫

On another hypothetical situation I play them slow, If I detect that my opponents tend to play very aggressive almost all their hands, trying to speculate that peacefully in my corner, waiting them to bite the bait. 🦈

But like I said, I play them very different depending on several variables. 📊

Last edited:
KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the opponents' game and the stage of the tournament. Sometimes Allin at once, because you can steal a lot of chips. But it happens that I play calmly to wait until someone breaks down and puts Allin. In other words, there is no single answer. You need to feel the game on an intuitive level and listen to the inner voice, it will tell you how to do the right thing in a particular situation.

TirariAchref

TirariAchref

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
I don't because i always lose with them so if you want to play pay to see the flop bro .

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
With maniacs acting after you, limping behind earlier limpers allows a huge pot brew in front of you. You can always repot when back to you, and is easier to play for stacks after the flop.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It makes sense to play AA as aggressively as possible preflop, since this is the strongest starting hand and our goal is to win a big pot with it, and on the flop we will rarely improve, on further streets we play according to the situation, the size of the stack and the stage of the tournament will also matter ( if we play in a tournament)

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Isolate and Dominate. Those are the thoughts I get when I see the pointy Pair.

Mogulkahn

Mogulkahn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
AA is big raise, 3-bet, 4-bet, 5-bet..... all in pre flop. If the board turns out to be dangerous, fold. Simple as that. No reason to slow play aces in micro games.af
yeaa im micro games not reason slow playing Aces, cause 80% players play to bad and agree pushing all in 60bb any pair in bord

N

NoMore

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes you can play
I don't think anyone would drop AA
for there is no hand greater than him in a bound manner
flop unopened i mean

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
one of the exceptions that we can make is if we are at an ultra aggressive table, where we know we will undoubtedly be raised

ScoobyNL

ScoobyNL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
Never slowplay AA.
I did slowplay AA one time in a 1/2 euro cashgame and i i lost the pot for around 500 euro, i will never slowplay it again.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes yes. It depends on the table players

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just don’t, nothing worse than losing with AA because you’re trying to slow play, be aggressive 👍

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually slo play AA ,but too often they lose( Tue cc freeroll)I think you are better to go all in but then your disappointed when everyone folds. What are your thoughts?
Maybe, it is a good strategy, but for advanced players.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I usually slo play AA ,but too often they lose( Tue cc freeroll)I think you are better to go all in but then your disappointed when everyone folds. What are your thoughts?
If you slow play you have to be prepared to let them go if nobody raises.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Usually when I havwe slow played aces it has not turned out well. Now I just play them strong.

JeffSBrito

JeffSBrito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes yes. But it depends on the timing of the tournament, my chips and the villain. I prefer to play aggressively. Just like any other hand. Even to confuse the villain by avoiding giving tips from my game.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Position, position, position. Always consider your position. If you're on UTG with AA you should play one way, if you're on the button with AA you should play a totally different way.

japangod87

japangod87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
It depends on what position. If there are players behind me who cover me, then I play aggressively. If there are short stacks, then I give them the opportunity to enter the game. Well, if I feel danger, then I fold

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
If im dealt a pair of aces AND everybody dont fold, i dont know what to do!! ;):cool::D

StArDemonn

StArDemonn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the table, tournament but I don t often slowplay.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
As always it depends on the situtation. A 3 BB raise is usually not wrong. But in certain situations, like in the blinds or heads up, you can think about slow playing. But always be careful.

francisco mendoza

francisco mendoza

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The truth, in my opinion, the AA must be played aggressively, in pre flop so that the players who have weak hands fold. And on the same flop play more aggressive. Do not let see many cards.