tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I show 2 cards more often than one.Both cases are exceptions.

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer not to show the cards even more if I play on a regular table

Mimo..Mach

Mimo..Mach

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I show both but I do it for strategy. Showing just one would not have the mental effect I want my opponents at the table to have. And when it comes to a bluff, well, it's memorable and fun.

Mogulkahn

Mogulkahn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
yes, I show one card so that the enemy thinks damn it, what is the second card and suffer:LOL::LOL:
i use that method and when oponents is not a good player, next time his often do it mistakes and bet to more or gonna all in, and u can use that huge mistake and win a lot of chips.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is very rare I show any cards - when I do it is for one of 2 reasons:

1. If I am getting away with a lot of plays due to a tight image at the table and I want to maintain that image I will show a strong hand.
2. I have been known to rarely show a hand out of sympathy for someone who has made tight fold - but again it would also be about maintaining a false tight image I have established.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely show cards either. Apart from the situations explained by Debi its also pretty common, that people show a bluff, presumably with the intention of putting the person, they just bluffed, on tilt. But the problem with this is, that in tournaments its usually better to have fold equity than to have people "fight back" at you, because you tilted them. So in live cash games I can see a purpose for showing bluffs, but not so much in tournaments.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like it when other folks show all of their hole cards after a big hand. If it’s appropriate in context to how the hand played out I will usually make a note about that player.

I’ve found player notes of past behaviour very useful at times. You don’t need a big data sample like with HUD stats.

Last edited:
P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Only very rarely do I show my hand at the table. Usually when I'm bluffing a giant

HungarianBoy

HungarianBoy

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
Well, yes! This has also become a bad habit of mine recently, when I bluff, I show my cards as a joke. If I hurt the opponent, that's good for me. But I plan to never show my cards at the end of the party in the future, because that reveals what kind of player I am. it turns out for free. it's a bad habit. I recommend everyone to keep everything a secret and not show the cards!

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes yes, but obviously most don't.
Strategically to keep the image strong, but I don't care so much about giving away information because I try to blend my actions.
It shouldn't be showing without a purpose, on the other hand, when I'm at a more fun table or among friends, we do it more often.

Well, yes! This has also become a bad habit of mine recently, when I bluff, I show my cards as a joke. If I hurt the opponent, that's good for me. But I plan to never show my cards at the end of the party in the future, because that reveals what kind of player I am. it turns out for free. it's a bad habit. I recommend everyone to keep everything a secret and not show the cards!
In fact, it's okay to show some bluffing hands.
We must balance value betting and bluffing... of course we prefer to be on the value side.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Sometimes, I sometimes reveal one card in the process of drawing by accident. Especially when you start to doze off and your finger on the mouse starts to twitch and the map accidentally opens:LOL::LOL::sleep::sleep:

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I don't show cards at all. I do not see the need and benefit for myself in this.
Good luck.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I newer show my cards. You can call and than you will see my cards.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends really in the situation of a hand, or how the hand played out, for example if i had to make a big fold againt an agressive player
and lets say I have AQ suited i might have to show the Ace to make him know how im playing for him to think twice next time if hes just playing around.