Do You Learn From Your Mistakes?

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You learn all the time from your mistakes, sometimes you do these several times.I have learned when I play for a long time I say more mistakes.​

you'l alway learn but the pace varieng a lot

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Defeat always stimulates you to improve, but this is impossible without working on the bugs and training

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I think the brain operates like an artificial intelligence. It needs to collect data on some problems to see witch way to go. It collects it by a counter in an array. After enough data is run through it. It shows the best way to handle the situation.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, this is the best way to progress. You should always learn from your mistakes. I've progressed so much, maybe it cost me a bit, but I do not regret it now that I've learned a lot of things from my mistakes and now I play much better.

Cherepashkakry

Cherepashkakry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every loss is not a mistake. For example, put the last 10bb in a tournament with a pair of AA and lose J10o. But finding the wrong decisions and working on them is very useful for your game.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every loss is not a mistake. For example, put the last 10bb in a tournament with a pair of AA and lose J10o. But finding the wrong decisions and working on them is very useful for your game.

I agree not every loss is a mistake, look closely at the pic...

Attachments

• wow hand tournament end.jpg
    wow hand tournament end.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 9
mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, theory does not make much sense without practice. How many do not watch the video, disassemble the distribution it will not bring such benefits as losing 10 buy-ins and sorting out the situation in which you lost:). It’s impossible to learn from the mistakes of others.

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with mitroff. It is the fact that it is best to learn from other people's mistakes, not yours, but the best man will learn and acquire knowledge on their own example, who then has to rethink and see what he was doing wrong and where he made the mistake.

Rusel2302

Rusel2302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard error analysis, you can write a memo in a notebook,and used during the game, do not enter into a strong excitement

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
I learned a lot from mistakes, for example when I started to play poker my fav. cards where J6 now is J7..im joking. You need to find a balance and combine the following to make it perfect: agression, patience, bluffing, reading the other players.

Cherepashkakry

Cherepashkakry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree not every loss is a mistake, look closely at the pic...

Don't tell me you didn't know that it happens in poker.
It happens and it remains only to open the next freeroll)

M

mioou2011

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes
we are humans not some robots ad human made a mistake

M

milo79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not play games that long, so of course I make mistakes but of course try to learn from them. but not always succeeds, unfortunately.

B

Bearclaws8989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
personally I think that you have to be willing to continuously learn in order to succeed in life and in poker . Poker Is non stop learning and some things you can never change like a bad beat for example.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When the mistake you make is painful then it's easy to learn by... Lol isn't that the truth...?

When we're dealing with something that isn't quite physical more mental or psychological it's easy to rethink rethink and convince our selves it wasn't a real mistake or forget the significance in magnitude of the error...

Lol 😁 does that make sense?

Not sure if it's a mental error or if I'll even learn by it lol 😁