Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I always try to analyze my game. I think that such an analysis of false and correct decisions, promotes faster development of me as a successful player. So, I get a lot more experience than players who do not do such an analysis.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do try to learn from my mistakes but some times the real problem is identifying the actual mistake. If I make a play on the turn that doesn't work out where was my mistake? On the turn or perhaps a misstep after the flop led to my mistake? Or maybe I should never have put money into the pot. So, I agree with many here....analysis is the key.

Norman Vasquez

Norman Vasquez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Emotional mistakes

Is hard for me to learn from my emotional mistakes, especially with bankroll managemnt.
I try to make the right decisions, and everything goes well, but in one day, my emotions take over, and it decrements my bankroll

Norman Vasquez

Norman Vasquez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do try to learn from my mistakes but some times the real problem is identifying the actual mistake. If I make a play on the turn that doesn't work out where was my mistake? On the turn or perhaps a misstep after the flop led to my mistake? Or maybe I should never have put money into the pot. So, I agree with many here....analysis is the key.

I think a complete use of math can help to identify if it was a mistake or just a, but I am winning more than loosing so it is profitable

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that we always learn from our mistakes, we pass and think well before doing anything that will harm us, this is in life and in the game.

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish learn , but unfortunately I keep repeating some of them over and over, I am a learn the hard way ( with my wallet ) dude .

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually realize my mistakes right when I make them and get knocked out of tournaments. The problem is I keep making them over and over again so I guess not.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Obviously, it is better to learn from someone else's mistakes. But in my case, I find it difficult to learn even on my mistakes. If I make a mistake, I try to draw conclusions, but after a while I forget everything and again make the same mistakes.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even though I lost a lot but still I don't learn from my mistakes. Keep making them everyday and can't help with it. Guess I'll just play poker for fun and don't bother about such things.

T

timz10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
misstakes

ya i like to go back look at hands i lost most and won most some of poker software helps there my bigest problem when cards just wont fall i keep playing:cool::help:

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm in it for the long haul and consider my mistakes to be learning experiences. Sometimes I need to repeat them a few times before the lesson gets through my thick skull and seeps into my brain. But I am finding the more I study my play after these games the more receptive I am to identifying my mistakes

drubas

drubas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you lose for hours, or for days on end, what do you learn from your losses?
I have friends who think that poker is a sport to spend a few hours, regardless of losing or winning!
from these statements what do you think you can learn from your defeats?
After losing , I try to analyze where I wrong, we can not fix our mistakes if we can not see where we are wrong
as a consequence of this, I usually do analize hands, reviewing games can cause you to stay positive
what the foundation to enter into an aimless poker tournament?
if you do it in, you will surely lose your money

I think that is a very good approach.

How you play should be based solely on your strategy. Your strategy should be a collection of all valuable insights you got from your own game, books, other players etc..

Over time you filter all the information avaiblable for patterns. Like maschine learning at Google Deep Mind finds the most effective ways to play e.g. chess, your brain does the same via searching for patterns within massive amounts of information it gets through your eyes, ears etc..

Therefore I have a very rational view on Poker as you probably also have.

Playing based on emotions makes it impossible to win over the long term perspective.

At least that is my view.

Greets and all the best!

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the poker game, whoever makes the least mistakes wins. And if I have spent hours playing and losing, I assure you that I will remember what the error was. And of course I try not to commit it again

nop9gok

nop9gok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you lose for hours, or for days on end, what do you learn from your losses?
I have friends who think that poker is a sport to spend a few hours, regardless of losing or winning!
from these statements what do you think you can learn from your defeats?
After losing , I try to analyze where I wrong, we can not fix our mistakes if we can not see where we are wrong
as a consequence of this, I usually do analize hands, reviewing games can cause you to stay positive
what the foundation to enter into an aimless poker tournament?
if you do it in, you will surely lose your money

winning or losing is an experience. someone plays to have fun, get emotions, someone plays to make money.

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
]I think you always learn new things, but my experience is if you play many hours, so you lose patience sooner or later.​

P

passmg2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually realize my mistakes right when I make them and get knocked out of tournaments. The problem is I keep making them over and over again so I guess not.

Same here, I'm the same, it's like I'm mesmerized and can't pull out of a hand ... lol

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
hello you learn more about the losses and mistakes because you ask yourself in which you failed to analyze and improve so as not to make the same mistakes, there are many players with more advanced strategies and knowledge, watching the sections in fallastes you learn

M

Mc_Terp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So things I learned very quickly and other things Im still stubborn on to this day, but ive improved on all of them in some ways. I guess that's the difference between me and a professional is they correct those mistakes immediately making them much more profitable! I think 1 on 1 coaching to help someone fix leaks in their game is one of the most vital tools for a good poker player looking to take the next step!

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today was a losing episode
I didn’t actually feel like playing. It was just to go out and kill time and see if I could get lucky.
I started playing too many hands as I thought I had to be else in an hour so I try to play as many hands as possible
That was a big mistake
Then there was was drunk at the table so I was trying to play as many hands with the drunk as possible but losing
Big mistakes. Should have pick my spots
After losing , what seems like every hand for. 2 hours. I became my selective and played my game.
My game is not about getting lucky. It’s betting and forcing others to make decision I don’t go to showdown often
Also there was a tight player on my player that I didn’t recognize until was too late. This guy folds to everything unless he has a monster.
Guess what he a monster hand and I blame myself for playing to loose like I was playing the drunk guy

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a weird game where sometimes what seems like a mistake one time might be the exact right thing to do in another given situation. So I would have to say it's very hard to "learn from your mistakes" I think it is a mistake to slow play aces though.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, sometimes when I play something I do something differently so as not to fall into the same mistakes as before, and sometimes it works very well!

P

PSSucks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mistakes? Who makes mistakes?

Oh ya, I do.

Do I learn from them? Sometimes, but not for long.

:confused:

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I learn from my mistakes in much the same manner but don't really change the mistakes when I think the status quo is pimping correctly. There is no need to go over managements head if you are having your days. You really couldn't run a business any other way.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learned I am not as good as I thought

Believe me, having a high IQ does not make you a good poker player. I may have been top of the class in school but definitely not near the top playing poker. I must not be learning from my mistakes because I am still losing as much as ever.

Last edited: