VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Oh, I thought so but I'm afraid I'm not. Same mistakes. A lot depends of your environment. Try to surround yourself with good smart people.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes, but, somedays, i forget all the learning...so. i make the same mistakes again

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say that I have learned from my mistakes most of the time im losing to higher kickers... I’ve begun to play more premium hands and play more of a Tight aggressive style.

Ruminate

Ruminate

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like a lot of things in poker...it depends.

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to learn from your mistakes. Why make the same mistake over and over.

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I unfortunately do not learn from my mistakes ... I always commit the same and in the same ways

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I definitely try to learn from my mistakes so I can improve and try not to repeat whatever I did wrong.

H

have

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you

I try but I'm a very slow learner .but keep grinding and hope.

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I dont learn from my mistakes until someone point them for me... Only when i am reviewing my own games...
But one thing that I can tell you about mistakes is to learn from your oponents mistakes...
And learn from the good regs that are in your table also... See what they are doing that goes well and try to copy it in another game... Do it several times and you'll be a mix of different strategy...

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always analyze lost hands whether it was just a cooler or a bad game. Analyzing the game and constantly improving my game is the key to my poker development.:)

N

Newstyle_1704

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With each victory and with each defeat you become wiser, you become aware of the mistakes that caused you to lose or because of which your opponents lost

S

samexsky2578

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you lose for hours, or for days on end, what do you learn from your losses?
I have friends who think that poker is a sport to spend a few hours, regardless of losing or winning!
from these statements what do you think you can learn from your defeats?
After losing , I try to analyze where I wrong, we can not fix our mistakes if we can not see where we are wrong
as a consequence of this, I usually do analize hands, reviewing games can cause you to stay positive
what the foundation to enter into an aimless poker tournament?
if you do it in, you will surely lose your money

happens, if not lucky, on this day, you can simply not play

A

anderson697

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you really learn from your bad tricks, and if a player does not do it, I think he should not play poker. It is important to know what you really did wrong and how you can deal with it next time.:cool:

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, that way we can progress and become better. It would be good to learn from other people's mistakes, and not only from our own, we will go through the cheapest definitely. :):D

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"I love this question" Look through the comments, of course, almost 100% of people say yes, I learn from my mistakes. And yet, If you ask them How ??? I would bet not many would be able to tell you. This is exactly why having a poker database is so important, reviewing your hands , looking at frequencies, constructing ranges. All that "stuff" that no one really wants to hear about is the meaning of learning from your mistakes. After 50,000 hands you look back at your "stats", how often do you C-bet a paired board, what sizing , etc....... Great question but when people tell you - yes, I learn from mistakes, ask them how and what mistake did they learn about today?? This is the "secret" of becoming a better poker player.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mistakes

of course i take my lessons by my mistakes....this is the point isn t it ?
and i will still do that in the futcher.

P

passmg2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always get creamed when I slow play aces.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still do some of the stupid things when playing but I do learn. But cant help to wonder a little back and forth but we all hopefully get better each and everyday. Have fun out there and good luck:0)

I

izpanol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Those who know me know that my impatience is my biggest mistake, and for now there is no cure for something so ingrained. I have knowledge of this, but I can not learn and recover, it is like an involuntary act

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm always mentally reviewing at the end of a hand - was I too loose to call there? Could I have read their hand better and extracted max value? If everyone is improving around you, you have to improve your own game to avoid being left behind.

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I try to. It’s important to at least recognize where you make mistakes.

That’s when I believe you’ll begin to grow as a Poker Player.

If you think “I hate when ** happens” - that’s usually the weak spot in your game.

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Those who know me know that my impatience is my biggest mistake, and for now there is no cure for something so ingrained. I have knowledge of this, but I can not learn and recover, it is like an involuntary act

Have you ever tried Guided Meditation? Getting into deep thought, closing your eyes and visualizing can really help slow your mind down.

It’s scientifically proven to be beneficial, nothing religious about it. I find it to be a very important tool to help my cognitive thinking and not be so impulsive with decisions & things I say. I found that’s really helped me.

https://youtu.be/Gbaairdc_Bg

^ Try this.

It’s one of my favourites and helps you focus your attention on breathing, clearing your mind and thinking positively.

Wish you all the best my friend. Your Brain is a powerful tool. Use it to your advantage.

M

mioou2011

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah I learn sometimes
mostly I lose when I have a three of kind and my opponent have flush or strait
I do not know what to do

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You learn all the time from your mistakes, sometimes you do these several times.I have learned when I play for a long time I say more mistakes.​