Do You Learn From Your Mistakes?

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everytime i loose a hand i look back at it to learn. what did i do well, what could i have done better. did i see the end of the hand and did i have the correct range in mind for my opp bets/position.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don’t bluff calling stations, if your down to less than a handful of players left before the itm it’s fine to play a little tighter short stacked, and brm, brm, brm.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learn ,but very often happens That I been badbeat frome someone who not deserve it to winn,but ok thats reallity.....

subaru16162

subaru16162

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learn ,but very often happens That I been badbeat frome someone who not deserve it to winn,but ok thats reallity.....
Yes very often because theyre 10% equity will happen on average 10% of the time. That 1 in 10 times will always feel like every other time. You just have to accept it. Im sure we've all been on the lucky side once in a while too. I know I have.

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First we have to accept that we are wrong, then analyze the beginning of such an error and do the utmost not to commit it again.

J

Jordenandrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to pay more attention to how the other players react and see if they bluff more often I should stop calling just to see what they have

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you lose for hours, or for days on end, what do you learn from your losses?
I have friends who think that poker is a sport to spend a few hours, regardless of losing or winning!
from these statements what do you think you can learn from your defeats?
After losing , I try to analyze where I wrong, we can not fix our mistakes if we can not see where we are wrong
as a consequence of this, I usually do analize hands, reviewing games can cause you to stay positive
what the foundation to enter into an aimless poker tournament?
if you do it in, you will surely lose your money

I learn from my mistakes in the game, but in managing the bankroll, I solve the error constantly, not in spite of the considerable length of the game. In the game, without parsing errors after the session, looking at the current level of players, you will not get a high score.

J

jesus133

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have to do a critical analysis of a game in that table and in specific hands; to play a tournament you always have to mentalise in winning it and not only to arrive at collections

fabiofff

fabiofff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I learn from the mistakes and the right answers.
Ways to play be aggressive, passive. Act cool when you have the best game at hand.
Take advantage of moments where the opponent shows weakness. I learn both in defeats and victories, each has its benefit.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's only valid to play for fun and hobbie, but you should know that it will not be profitable. But we always have to be evaluating and seeing where we are going, not only to be profitable, but to acquire technique and learning.

BuzzKillington

BuzzKillington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. Like with any (strategic) game, actually. Why bother playing something if you don't care about improvement? It's the learning process that I like the most.

In chess, I spent hours and hours doing nothing more than practicing tactical positions. I studied opening lines. I studied my own games, to see where I went wrong. I played and played against many different opponents, trying out new ideas, and generally developing a better intuition.

Especially if there is money involved: why would you not want to learn from your mistakes?

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. Like with any (strategic) game, actually. Why bother playing something if you don't care about improvement? It's the learning process that I like the most.

In chess, I spent hours and hours doing nothing more than practicing tactical positions. I studied opening lines. I studied my own games, to see where I went wrong. I played and played against many different opponents, trying out new ideas, and generally developing a better intuition.

Especially if there is money involved: why would you not want to learn from your mistakes?
Chess isn't comparable. If you study chess enough you work out playstyles that force either stalemate or you winning. The top chess players cannot lose.

AshK44

AshK44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They say mistakes are only a bad thing if you don’t learn from them so I agree that it is good to use losing as a learning experience because chances are there are a few mistakes that caused the loss to occur in the first place. Staying positive is a huge thing because playing into your emotions in poker can be costly. Nice post. Good luck to all.

pedro2125

pedro2125

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Advice not to make mistakes

discipline is what helps us to avoid mistakes , you have to understand that you do not play with the best cards ever , if not with the mind and your ability to deceive the rival...

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It cost monet to make money i hope i learn but i find myself sometimes making the same mistakes! so i may need a harder lesson!

J

jokimazi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to identify when you are on a tilt and STOP. Come back next day stronger and you will win back more. As long as you are profitable in long run you are doing things right.

Awrpze

Awrpze

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been learning from my mistakes. I'm not abusing my bankroll by playing games I have no business playing. I don't chase losses like I used to either. I have more motivation to grind, and am much more patient. I focus more on making better long-term decisions, instead of short-term success. I've become a lot more confident in my game.

O

Orman Nelson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The harder part is identifying your mistakes.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ответ

Yet with 10 times so will not repeat 1 and same error then I will not come.))))))))

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is one wonderful unspoken poker theorem that says: "It does not matter whether you won the hand or lost it, consider that you have made it up."

B

BesseNuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For sure! Thats why mistakes are importants.

P

paapcity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope i do :)
Reviewing my hands isnt the fun part of poker, because i like to play it more, but i dont think i ever will be a better player if i dont do it.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only way the become a better poker player is to learn from your mistakes otherwise you will never grow in your game and you will keep doing the same mistakes over and over.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, I always analyze my own hands. I have even some programs that help me with it and it's really worth it. We need to learn from our mistakes because that's the only way we get better. Of course, the better option is to learn from the mistakes of other people, because learning from their mistakes is very expensive. Education is everything in poker, constant learning is a very important thing.