Do you ever call for Curiosity?

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes and I believe it is a good practice if you believe by calling you will learn enough information so that in a future hand you will recoup what you spent to call in given situation. What you are doing when you call in these spots is paying for information. Its then your job to utilize that information the best you can. I would not advocate it, though, against players that are all over the place and dont seem to have any pattern. If, however, you see a player doing something a few times that looks odd but is never made to showdown then those are the times, especially when the bet is small, that you should consider calling to get a better idea of the range the villain has and the actions they are doing it with.

O

otmputquant

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the amount. It could be a cheap way of finding out more about your opponents and also a good way to make yourself look like a certain type of player.

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I might call a player several times if it won't cripple me so I can get a feel for the type of cards they play with. Especially if they are an aggressive player or in every hand. It allows me to get a better idea of how to play against them.

So I don't really call it bluffing, I call it research at that point.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel like sometimes calling out of curiosity is a good strategy to study your opponents, it depends on how you do it as long as it doesn't include losing too much by calling. Regards.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Yes. Gotta see where myself and other players stand. Good information to see how weak a bully is and strong I have to be.

Ragonesi

Ragonesi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not curiosity but to check the strategy of another player, some players tend to bluff a lot in the firsts hands to build their stack, when they have a good table position they raise and raise until a point they are satisfied, a lot of those times they are bluffing...

C

coolbrees 9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea of course and then be mad that they had what u thought they might have lol smh

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Especially in a cc freeroll. Part of the learning process.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Such tactics have the right to life. To determine the equity and range of the opponent's hands. However, here everything rests on your own accounting at a certain stage of the game. I cannot yet boast of successful moves of this kind.

47Belarus

47Belarus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many times, but I play for fun. This is a bad strategy if you play to make money

W

waynaldo009

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not on the regular but sometimes you just need more info on the player.

FlushyFab

FlushyFab

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes yes I do. Sometimes I have to know if they got it or they just bluffing.

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do sometimes if I am trying to get information from a player

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say about 10% only because I want to see their cards, it may help me later .

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I also call especially in freerolls, but my hobby is to be on the other side - to call curiosity.

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Almost always, if the opponent's raise is low, to know better information about him.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
When donking around sometimes I will call out of Curiosity. So be honest how many bluff calls are out of curiosity.

For me its way to many.
For me too - way more than I would like to admit. I'm gathering information :D :D :D ;)