Do you ever call for Curiosity?

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When donking around sometimes I will call out of Curiosity. So be honest how many bluff calls are out of curiosity.

For me its way to many.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it can be useful to call for a small bet on the river when you have nothing on your hands.
Two days ago, I played like this in one hand, I had weak cards, made a call to see what cards the opponent had, what he was playing with, what his range was.

R

research

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the buy in is low sometimes I will call on the basis that if they do have a hand they will then assume I am a calling station. It's always handy to plant incorrect ideas in opponents heads, sometimes will even call a hand all the way through from the flop even if I know I am bet just to create a false impression.

L

LosJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it can be useful to call for a small bet on the river when you have nothing on your hands.
Two days ago, I played like this in one hand, I had weak cards, made a call to see what cards the opponent had, what he was playing with, what his range was.

If the buy in is low sometimes I will call on the basis that if they do have a hand they will then assume I am a calling station. It's always handy to plant incorrect ideas in opponents heads, sometimes will even call a hand all the way through from the flop even if I know I am bet just to create a false impression.

Those are interesting aspects. But do you think the information on low stakes is worth it considering the amount of chips you put in?

L

lancabcd10

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having player note, I usually call. Many players like to exploit the river, playing the flop with no cards, and winning a lot of folds. So, when I believe it's a bluff, I call

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes with small blinds I use a small card to see the flop. And even when I have a large stack, I also sometimes come into the game without a raise from opponents.

Last edited:
akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
As a micro stakes player I used to do that a lot with only top pair or second pair etc or because I thought my opponents bluff in micro stakes like they do in bigger buy ins in order to be balanced.
I have stopped do that and I just saved my chips. They rarely bluff in micros. Especially if you play against unknown opponents , the one and only thing they have and you must have in your mind too is how to extract value with your strong hands and that's it.

I still call with mediocre hands and combinations if their playing line makes no sense or if they are good players otherwise I don't do that out of curiosity.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

You know what curiosity did!

I seldom call with ace high at hold 'em; usually I'll give someone credit for at least a small pair.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Those are interesting aspects. But do you think the information on low stakes is worth it considering the amount of chips you put in?

Of course it's worth it, otherwise why do I answer the bet then.
But it's worth it if the bet is small, for example, 6-8 blinds, I can call out of curiosity.
Often there is an aggressive player at the table who takes the pot before reaching the showdown, and I get curious about what cards he is playing with.

E

easy play

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately Yes. If the board doesn't hit my opponents range and he is betting aggressively. I end up calling wide just to see his cards at showdown.

Batarang96

Batarang96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not out of curiousity; it's an investment to get information.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some players show their bluff cards but not all of them show so you have to read them first to avoid mistakes.:rolleyes:

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't call it curiosity myself, but I would say "I call for information" it's not much about my curiosity, but information to see what an specific player is doing.
(Not a pro at poker or anything) but I believe that's the point many times.

L

lhmove

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do that . if I am playing on a small stake table and the bet is low

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely look at someone else's card or flop for the sake of curiosity. All the same, the stack is more expensive.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That should happen on really small stakes I guess lol. Not the most profesional feature though

Ellvira

Ellvira

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi, all the players probably make such calls to check if it's inexpensive

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I would not do it out of curiosity, I do it to get information as long as the bet is not very high

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Never. Such curiosity can be costly. I continue the game only when I see good prospects. In poker, I literally assess the situation in terms of my chances of winning.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
When donking around sometimes I will call out of Curiosity. So be honest how many bluff calls are out of curiosity.

For me its way to many.

Nah there's no such thing as way too many ^ ...

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I will call out of curiosity buy will usually have something can can win if there bluffing. I dont do it often and usually it a read and or prices in call.