Do you ever call for Curiosity?

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Call only if you have a chance to win, not to see the card.
If you have an enemy bluff and an A.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I call all the time out of curiosity....well, way too much anyways.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My problem is that when I get curious, I also get myself into a position where I'm pot committed.

I usually end up punishing myself for the rest of the day.

That's when Dan Halderson creeps into my mind. "If you sit at a table, look around, and don't see an idiot.....you're it".

I don't get curious, anymore.

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If my opponent makes a min bet on the river, sometimes I will call to see what he has. I will mostly do this in heads up sit n goes at the very early stages of the game to get a better read on how he is playing. I’ll usually make this call knowing that I’m probably beat the majority of the time, but it will be a combination of wanting to get a better read on him, and a very slim chance that I could have the best hand if he missed a draw or is straight bluffing…for a small price of a min/small bet.

C

Carlo35

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only if its an small amount..i teached my self not to do that anymore

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on game strategy. Sometimes after playing to tight, with some stacks that don't hurt my position i call knowing to be defeated make sure that my table sees my card. After that i continue to play only with premium hands and more aggressively that previously.

C

CaptainXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Perhaps after falsely convincing myself I will get enough use out of thee information to justify it.

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I won't say because of curiosity but if the price isn't big then rarely we might do that to gain information about the opponent in tricky spots. I never did before actually. However it also depends on the board, my hand and actions before the river. We can't call norm size river bet with 10 high missed draws right? Does anyone ever throw his 10-15bb just for curiosity or info? It would be dumb and doesn't worth at all.

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, and often lol. If the price isn't too bad sometimes I just want to see what they have.

F

FlushKings311

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Call for Curiosity

I Do...but I think it's intuition more than curiosity...the flow of the game and how confident im feeling at the time also plays a part

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You gain information but it's costly. Usually its not worth it. Better to use a HUD and look at aggression stats.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a mental game, curiosity is a kind of good attitude in other areas of life such as learning, but in poker curiosity is actually a bad thing which cause me to lose chips when I call due to curiosity.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I avoid situations when there is a desire to call for the sake of interest, to check whether they are bluffing me or not.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm never calling with total garbage, but if I have a hand that can win at showdown sometimes, then I will consider calling a small river bet, especially if my opponent has taken an unusual line, but I don't make a habit of it. Information can be expensive and often in huge MTT's you're never going to come across that guy ever again.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Poker is a mental game where curiosity is actually a bad thing which cause me to lose chips when I call due to curiosity.

Bad thing eh? So if you do actually win chips because of that you are still feeling sad right ...

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Worth calling for Information

When donking around sometimes I will call out of Curiosity. So be honest how many bluff calls are out of curiosity.

For me its way to many.

If i dont have notes on a player, i will often call to see their ranges according to their position so that i can build up a knowledge base on them - sometimes dependent obviously on the price to call - its really good value to do this.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
In my opinion, the odds are always 60/40, no matter what hand you have. That's why I often call. The challenge is to see the flop, as many players do.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The fact that I’m calling a raise on the flop or even the river depends on the opponent’s player, because if he hasn’t been in the game for an hour now and is raising wildly now, I think it’s not a bluff.
But if it's a lot looser and makes it pretty pointless move, I'll make it easier to call with an ace-high hand.

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes this:) is useful for further understanding the game of opponents.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

Yes, I will call a small bet from time to time out of curiosity.

Stringy

Stringy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
yh if the damage ain't too much then i'll do it if i'm curious