Do you bluff?

O

olegshubin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I have one such as I consider a negative trait as a bluff. In 70% of cases, I lose with a bluff. rivals look at cards with even the lowest combination. I think need to completely remove the bluff from my game.

Do you think it’s realistic to win at least one tournament without bluffing?

B

BILTIZ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OF COURSE

mmm it all depends on the situation but no one can be successful at poker without bluffing

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't, that is do not, ever, ever, never ever do I bluff. That is unless of course I get caught bluffing. And then, that was the only time I ever bluffed.

igorneia

igorneia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
sometimes it works out you get screwed this is the truth, it's a risky move

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The bluff when you win it is the real bluff.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure that you can play poker without bluffing, unless you are really bad and think you have the best hand all the time.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of people who don't understand the point of bluffing here. You don't bluff so you can get them to fold, you bluff so you're harder to play against. If you never bluff and only ever bet top pair or better, I can just fold all my worse hands. If when you raise you always have a set or 2-pair I can just fold all my 1-pair hands whenever you raise. If I have to consider the fact that you could be bluffing, I have to start calling down a bit lighter and then when you do make a hand you get paid.

L

Luqitazzz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a risky move but if you get on the opponent's side it is difficult to get paid being the leader in chips

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes more than the account hahaha. :D

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really need to learn this skill. Its not something that I do often at all.

S

Sooted7s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do bluff... I don't bluff a whole lot but if i find that someone never has a hand or will fold to raises/3bets then I will try it.

Y

yanslad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not as much as I'd like... Often I feel like everyone will catch my bluff. But it's part of the game you know? It's areal weakness of mine and I've been trying to turn it into a strength... Really hard though

voljare1234

voljare1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to bluff and even test very quickly, although I know it's not good because I don't know, but another crime, and I see that I can fall into a big slap.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since I only play cash microlimits , I never bluff. The trends of modern poker are such that Your bluff will not be thrown out even if the opponent is 7-2. And he caught the table. I don't see the point in bluffing. (A big raise on the turn is probably a nuts. Big raise on the river is the nuts for sure. If you don't have nuts better.))))

crazydogg666

crazydogg666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very rarely, depending on the situation.

Tomacco

Tomacco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hahaha, it seems that someone wants to know our strategies :p:p

Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
If necessary, the trick is better than shame
We all bluff .....

Jason Bralli

Jason Bralli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
oh yeah baby, is necessary sometimes!

:D

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
haha. do you breath? i mean who doesnt! :D

No offence, ofc everyone does bluffing, i guess this game is bassed on bluff and it matters when you do it, against who and many many other factors to get a good bluff. am not talking about bluffing in tourneys i mean on cash games thats usually more often happen

M

MilkLegs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"You never need to bluff in poker. Just play strong hands and let everyone give their money to you. Everytime you have only a top pair, bet 1/4 pot and keep it very small. If they raise, you know they have two pair or more. Check all of your flush and straight draws until you hit them and only go all in if you have the nuts."

^^ Advice from a local guy who thought he's Phil Ivey... I don't think he plays poker anymore :)

E

enzomyn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you bluff? Sometimes, never, often? I'm still playing my rookie season in poker, I tried it very few times, it worked every time. Maybe not a bad way to steal a hand when you are chip leader. Of course you can always make an unnecessary loss.

Bluffing is part of the sport, but there are certain types of tournament and the proper amount of chips to bluff, of course, never overdo bluffing too, as this will make your opponent understand your style of play, unpredictable and good luck.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i almost never bluff in PLO

with so many card combinations somebody usually has a powerful hand !

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do I bluff?

No. Never. Whenever I put in a big bet, I always have the nuts. Yeah, right.

If an opponent shows weakness, I bet. If he check raises then I fold unless I'm holding a good hand. And even then I think about folding. More often than not they fold.

A somewhat sophisticated player will sometimes bet into you after the flop, often a bluff. odds are they're only going to hit 1 out of 3 flops, so sometimes I go over the top of them. If they come back at me then I know they have a strong hand and fold, but they usually fold 2/3 of the time. Or they call then checks into me after the turn, I bet, and they fold. Couldn't tell you how many times that's happened to me.

Bluffing is a tool, but don't use it too often, like a character I encountered yesterday morning. Whenever I had the small blind and everybody folded ahead of him he'd go all in. First time he did it, I had AQ and folded. The second time he did it I again had AQ, and folded. The third time I had garbage and folded. The fourth time I had AKs and revealed his Q6o when I called. I knocked him out of the ballpark when I flopped and turned kings.

You can get away with it for awhile, but if you do it too often, people get wise. That's why it's probably best to wait until the blinds are big. And if you bluff after the flop make sure you have a few outs just incase you get called.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes, I bluff in the right situations. Every hand presents different opportunities and sometimes a bluff is called for. A complete analysis of when and why I bluff, just like any player, would require a lot more than a response in a Cardschat thread.