Do we Learn From Our Mistakes?

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I not only learn from my mistakes but also notice strangers. To some extent, this leads to the progress of my game.

M

Mauriliro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course we do... it makes you think very well before you make something:top:

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, of course naturally and subconsciously we learn from our mistakes of course of some are harder to learn than other and it has to due a lot with the way our brain works and how every experience makes us feel usually strongest emotions are the ones that dictate our fast or slow learning from mistakes :D

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I study, now I go all in less often, even if KK is on my hand

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean - I TALK about studying more often than I used to. Still haven't made it to the actual studying part but. Step by step.

Also, I had once lost my freeroll club status due to inactivity ( it was definitely my fault, I was gone for like two months ) . Without reading all the rules I knew I was totally at fault. Tody I woke up and realized it had been almost three weeks since i had posted anything. So again... progress? I think we all could benefit from giving ourselves a pat on the back every once in a while, regardless of the achievement.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we all make mistakes, and in poker there is no way, until we fix our game it will be deficit. You have to know where you are going wrong and improve, the only tip I have to give you is this, try to catch your mistake and try to fix it for a week, for example: 3bet from small, stay a week only 3betting hands from small for value and bluff and then analyze how they were played, sometimes we miss a lot of 3bet opportunities for not being aware, doing this all week you will improve and study them later to see how it was played.

C

Chaskyweed05

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who uses experience and a positive mindset learns from their mistakes

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is one of the most correct phrases that exist.
I recommend you write down your mistakes, and commit to improving them.
practice and to correct them is always good.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try...but it doesn't work out very well :)

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First, lets complicate the matter.. how do you define a mistake? Is a mistake a losing play? or is a mistake something that GTO doesn't predict? Or is a mistake a misread of an opponent? I can't say for sure..
But I can say that learning from your mistakes can be difficult on average and in poker it's especially so, because you sometimes get paid by those mistakes. Does it even stick out that you made one? I guess what makes learning from mistakes so difficult is figuring out when you've made on.

In general I find that tracking my hands and whenever I feel I've made bad play, to go over that hand a few times and see how I could have played it differently, works well in helping me become a better player.

Also I've recently started tracking tournament finishes and percentiles. That graph really opened my eyes to how much I was really losing/winning, and what stakes I should be playing.

When all said and done though, sometimes a bad outcome is just that.

Well said on a direct question.
I think most adequate players think so.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Mistakes

I think we learn little from our mistakes if they do not cause enough pain.

leoronin

leoronin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my biggest mistake is going heavy on a AA starting hand i usually end up losing to two pair but i cnat help it AA is the best starting hand

fosa17

fosa17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously if, every day and every move you learn more and more, you never stop learning

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think we need to in order to learn and become a better poker player, even if your an experienced player imo....

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes but if it happens more than once..it easier to learn :)

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learn from my mistakes however :egg:it will take several same freakin mistakes before It actually sinks in:banghead:

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you return the time back
i would not start playing poker

L

lusquinha2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes we do, i already lost US$10 playing sng and now i'll learned a lot!!

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think we only learn from our mistakes ,when you loose money is the best way to learn .

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learn forsure but sometimes find myself making that mistake again in hope of a different outcome. In general your always learn and definitely always making mistakes let's hope they are just small little mis steps and not back breaker

superkakila

superkakila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is hard to acknowledge anyone's mistake because we as human always want to be right but we must accept that we made a mistake and learn from them so we can improve as player and as a human and put aside our egos

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes after the 5th time... and 6th time and 7th time...

topcatbrazil

topcatbrazil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Surely not, it is only when we reason about them that we may learn. But if you are looking for osmosis as a learning strategy you are in for a rude awakening.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We will always learn from our mistakes, much more when we are starting in the world of poker, we are a little novice and we make many mistakes, as you study while playing and persevering, you realize the mistakes that cost you a lot of money and what You are correcting, such as when you bluff too much, or when you play a lot of hands, or when you play hands that you shouldn't play, or pay too much, these things are very expensive in the world of poker, good luck greetings ..

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
if you learn a lot from our mistakes, especially at times when we say that at some point in our lives we put ourselves in the same situation and there we demonstrate what we have learned