Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Most of the time we learn from mistakes, because we do not accept to be bitten twice, and here I speak of non-addicts, but the question that faces us is why are we afraid of making mistakes?

D

Dmitrij32

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest, the question here is interesting because we can definitely say that we learn from our mistakes and we will not repeat these mistakes for a short time, but how long? After all, often with a long game, sometimes you want to go against your own rules))), and this is a big mistake. This way we will again be angry at ourselves with the thoughts "and why did I do it, it was still good".

Y

yanslad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes! It's very very true.. but it's not something that suddenly happens! You gotta have a routine, you need to treat poker seriously and that means to study hard, actually studying more than playing... You need to know only if you made the right decision, and that's all.. the result (win or lose) doesn't dyasr reallymatter
The best way to learn from our mistake is to save our hand history so that we can check after a few days, point what we did right and what we did wrong

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of time i learn from my mistakes and i don t really repeat them. I think is important to learn from your own mistakes or from other mistakes too. If we forgive we just go forward but if we forget, we lose the lesson.

jeanpierre1279

jeanpierre1279

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I still haven't been able to analyze my games in HUDS because I didn't like it, but I try to analyze in the big losses during or tournament, or even in the elimination of the game.

That's why every professional coach tells you to play a lot of hands because you won't be making the mistake of losing that much money!

Until you reach the level where you did everything right and lost because the luck factor will always come into play (when you lose KK against 99 after having a correct reading that the villain really had this hand).

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. the only way to win. who doesn’t learn to do nothing at poker. always lucky to play is not profitable ...

costy1300

costy1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always learn from mistakes, because that's the only way you can improve

E

emisalvo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always try to learn from my mistakes, but sometimes I repeat some

mt2lhd

mt2lhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read an article about the system of brain and how it deal with the mistakes and overall it said brain will grow and experiences that we call "mistake" will add value to the brain and personality.
But the thing is the mistakes in poker may change the path of thinking generally. what i mean is poker players will get better with studying and analyzing themselves, I have never saw an old school player with tons of experience and mistakes that got himself better and better by the time

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learn and improve ONLY on my own mistakes. I write them down and try not to repeat. I have quite a long list, and, yes, that helps to improve my game.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There

Well,,,, I think that nobody follwos this saying or any other one
We are a kind of species that is very hard to learn from mistakes otherwise
there were no need of teachers, pro teaching, courses etc etc etc
Everyone would be self sufficient
Rgds

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you look ten years ago when I took the first steps in online poker, then my game changed every year, and yes I don’t repeat the mistakes that I made, I learn lessons for myself

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
we never learn , we do the same mistakes over and over and over and over again :D

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I admit my mistakes, and after that everything is like a meat grinder in my head, I look more at other players and analyze on their mistakes what happened and how.

Xambo

Xambo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Analyzing is very helpful. I think mistakes will always happen you reduce them if you are not rejected and always stay focused and concerted.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All we can do is try learning from them

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
opinion

We all love to repeat this rule - learn from our mistakes. But, in practice, only very rare people follow this rule. Rebuilding your thinking is very difficult. I would call this rule just experience.