CC freerolls are harder than I expected, any tips?

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The key is to play to win the tournament, not to get ITM, trust me I have won like 7-6 tournaments between pokerstars and fulltilt and made some 2nd and 3rd places, but not so much min cashes, in the lapse of one year and 2 months. I believe I should have played around 100-110 tournaments since I joined. It is better to hit big once in a while rather than min cashing, don't be afraid on losing in the bubble, because you will get used to that fear and when you play real money mtts you will do the same and loose money in the long run. Profitability in mtts is due to big wins once in a while rather than cashing a lot.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls do not play like $50 tournaments you guys are being extremely biased or delusional when you claim that.

i play daily probably over 15 events mostly freerolls

I am just restarting my poker career.

The play for the million on winning poker network 540 buy in I lasted till canceled so over 5 hours

The ability of the players here matches that type of a tourney.

You can doubt that all you want but I see some of these people winning money events daily I have played many of them. I played tuesday league for a little over an hour is all lasted cards wouldnt catch and had great starters everytime had aq king hit and one of the players had the king jack or something lol.

These tourneys have been no joke to me. You can think is regular or not that high of a level of play. I do not cause have seen a bunch play and is not an easy task.

Now tonight betonline ellywriter got lucky a couple times on me and took me out. If cards had held caught is a different story.

I saw poker verse money a bunch of times on sites in the last week. I played external and they tore me up even after got a chip lead in last three on bcp last night.

If I final get a lead I generally win external dominated me lol

I play four other leagues forums one havent made a game yet but expect since is ton of folks from here is not gonna be a cakewalk lol

So am sure is bad players ok players but honestly is a lot of very good players on this forum. Best I have seen and ive been around as a member of forums for years.

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You just said nonsense, of course there is no player who would have 100% ITM because the variance has not been canceled, but the percentage of getting in the money 30-40% it is quite possible......

I don't agree with you and i think that is more nonsence then he said. If you look at it that way, it is also POSSIBLE to get a ITM percentage of 100%, however, there is no player with a 100% itm percentage long term, and i am pretty sure there is no player getting in the money 30-40% long term tho. I would bet on it that even pro's like Daniel Negreanu wouldn't get a percentage of 40% in those cardschat freerolls.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
mate dont even think cc freeroll as freeroll.. it is one of hardest freerolls u ll find anywhere.. many cc Players who Plays in freerolls are very gd skillwise n Play gd mtts .. so just Play your A game and learn from it.. i love cc freerolls even though i ve joined only few so far... can see really gd Players out there..

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
one last point and will leave this one alone but I REMEMBER ONCE UPON A TIME?

FORUM WARS?? Anyone here remember those? Didnt cardschat take down like the first 3 or 4 of those? UMM? That was years ago talking probably over 5 years ago? there was real competition and huge other forums playing against cardschat regulars. I remember cause played these people and group for the first time really and they were TOUGH at that time lmao and I was in league with think 3rd largest online forum and was a tough dammed group but lost we did and kinda got dominated one time I remember lol.

My forums left the market I didnt care to be in any forums after that time when lost poker in US was too pissed off played live only for a long time.

Am glad cardschat weathered the storm and is still around and glad the level of play has lived up to the original level from way back when.

Just bringing this up cause some people took offense to these playing me saying (like 50.00 buy ins)

Well woulda said 10.00 but usually find up to 10.00 buy ins most of the time weaker play so yeah have been very impressed and know is a lot of good players on here not in the freerolls or all events? Maybe too busy maybe making enough money not needed.

Yet would say those that do play? They are playing for more than that money is a respect thing for them or whatever and yes is a lot of dangerous players here who might be only playing for that since dont really need the money:) Some might play cause love chatting with friends on here too yet they are usually I have found serious about winning here lol and have skills.

My hats off to cardschat for back in the day beating me and my other forums which think was 2 and 3rd largest at the time.

I never forgot so looked forward when came back to joining and seeing some of these people again

gauging myself do I still have the game had? Etc...

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experience CC free rolls play nothing like mid stakes MTTs. Anyone who claims that has no idea what they are talking about. Sure the level of play in a cc freeroll is higher than an open freeroll, but that's only because open free rolls are full of horrendous players.
The vast majority of players in a typical cc freeroll are just playing tight ABC poker, the sort of play that probably does OK in micro stakes MTTs. I'd say very few members who regularly play in these games actually know how tough and reg filled a standard mid stakes MTT is. The players in those games are way more aggressive and know how to put you to the test in marginal spots.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my experience CC free rolls play nothing like mid stakes MTTs. Anyone who claims that has no idea what they are talking about. Sure the level of play in a cc freeroll is higher than an open freeroll, but that's only because open free rolls are full of horrendous players.
The vast majority of players in a typical cc freeroll are just playing tight ABC poker, the sort of play that probably does OK in micro stakes MTTs. I'd say very few members who regularly play in these games actually know how tough and reg filled a standard mid stakes MTT is. The players in those games are way more aggressive and know how to put you to the test in marginal spots.

not sure if pointed at me lol you are 19 so a baby in poker and not trying to be offensive but pokers hey day? or hay day?

I did extremely well at full tilt pokerstars and many other sites that are gone now. Never liked party poker so stayed off it but had money on 50 sites. I have played up to 5-10 nl and 200 buy ins. I played 8 months online every day 5-6 hours with the guys you all talk about and see on tv and held my own. I have actually did seats and health kept me from events!! I have also been on sky tv.

I did this for a living for 5 years approximately so yes I know mtt and higher stakes lol.

I love playing foreigners honestly the over aggressive style makes life easier for me.

I PRAY DAILY that US fixes things so I can have my action against that group again.

So no harm intended. Yet I think you questioned me or things I said.

Is my health holds up I AM GOING TO THE TOP. That is a promise and you can take that as is or not. I know what can do cause I did this all before:)

Now saying all that not trying to brag is simple truth. I have played four 10k events or bigger in last 2 months.

The freerolls here ? So far after a couple weeks? Just as good of players mostly better cause still finding some very weak players all over in the US events. Meaning carbon americas cardroom etc.. sites

So maybe you think pokerstars or tilt is tougher than in the past? or whatever maybe your right I cannot judge. I would believe though is not tougher is less tough and would own it all again when got to the level needed.

So anyway said too much or whatever again just thought you took liberty will say have beaten 14k people on stars to finish first in money events lol.

So to question what said or my perspective? Now the one thing is I havent played many events with cardschat but so far? Is tougher than a 5.00 event or 10.00 or at least equal to them.

Yet can only play US so who knows:) I hope that changes though I find foreign play easily adaptable and prefer to play more aggressive people. They usually irk me and make me a stronger meaner player to play back at them lol

PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The CC free roll cash outs do not come easy.You have to earn it.Most of the players are pretty solid whether they play tight,loose or aggressive.I think the best way to get better at the CC free rolls is to keep playing them.You will start to learn some of the players style. I can almost guarantee you will hardly see any donk style play unless it's by a player that has just joined the CC free roll club and the regular players have never played them yet.Some might only play the best hands (might as well lay it down)some might bluff (make the call).Make some notes on the players & have patience until you think your starting to get good reads .I've made cash outs on the free rolls and not one of them ever came easy.Thats why I like them.Just keep playing and learning the players .Your wins will come.

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thats yearly basis. lol.

Im talking here per week or per month where a guy consistently lands on top 5 all the time.

We do have some remarkably consistent winners in the freerolls here. I won't single them out now but some have posted threads with their results.

My impression from playing some non-CC freerolls is that ours here are tough to win, and a lot more fun. :)

punctual

punctual

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls do not play like $50 tournaments you guys are being extremely biased or delusional when you claim that.

In all honesty, it's all the same. I've played in (and continue to play in) tourneys across the whole spectrum of tourney buy-ins from .55 to $540 to freerolls. It's your two cards versus everyone else's.

The only difference is HOW YOU play. I have found I am my own worst enemy: i play scared when the buy-ins are high. I think the more I play the high buy-in tourneys the more comfortable I will get over time.

When you play scared you play poorly. My advice would be to treat all games the same and disregard the amount you bought in for. Of course, strategies must change between single entry tourneys, multi-re-entry tourneys, and rebuy+addon tourneys. The cards are stacked against you in multi-entry and rebuy/addon tourneys when you are working with just a single buy-in; these tourneys will naturally be more volatile (perhaps resemble some freeroll tourneys in terms of "wild play") and you should adjust accordingly.

At CardsChat you encounter true poker aficionados who may not have taken that plunge into professional play as yet but who have seen many hands and take poker very seriously. Playing here will only make you a better player. My advice to you would be to find a style that suits you best and do everything you can to prevent others from knowing what that style is (i.e. be unpredictable in your play). This, of course, is easier said than done.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In all honesty, it's all the same. I've played in (and continue to play in) tourneys across the whole spectrum of tourney buy-ins from .55 to $540 to freerolls. It's your two cards versus everyone else's.

The only difference is HOW YOU play. I have found I am my own worst enemy: i play scared when the buy-ins are high. I think the more I play the high buy-in tourneys the more comfortable I will get over time.

When you play scared you play poorly. My advice would be to treat all games the same and disregard the amount you bought in for. Of course, strategies must change between single entry tourneys, multi-re-entry tourneys, and rebuy+addon tourneys. The cards are stacked against you in multi-entry and rebuy/addon tourneys when you are working with just a single buy-in; these tourneys will naturally be more volatile (perhaps resemble some freeroll tourneys in terms of "wild play") and you should adjust accordingly.

At CardsChat you encounter true poker aficionados who may not have taken that plunge into professional play as yet but who have seen many hands and take poker very seriously. Playing here will only make you a better player. My advice to you would be to find a style that suits you best and do everything you can to prevent others from knowing what that style is (i.e. be unpredictable in your play). This, of course, is easier said than done.

i don't really need your advice on buying into tournaments. free rolls are soft as hell and are filled with a combination of tight passive and loose passives. I personally am not scared in any tournament i buy in to, its quite pointless, the money is gone and you either cash or you don't.

now onto your generalising about all tournament fields are the same. its moronic thats like saying all poker stakes are the same and if thats the case and you can beat 2nl then why not just jump in 20knl since its all the same game, why aren't you crushing super high rollers? because not all fields are created equal, that should be obvious enough.

people playing free rolls aren't good enough to play professionally, if they were a winning player they would maximise their hourly return by loading up another tournament or cash table instead.

you are being delusional and a massive homer

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You just have to treat it like a real buy in tourney and not a freeroll. Majority of the players playing in CC freerolls can actually play decent if not very good poker. You can't just shove any good looking hand like many do in usual freerolls.

Exactly!! The cardschat freerolls are tougher than most $10 tournies, IMHO.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not sure if pointed at me lol you are 19 so a baby in poker and not trying to be offensive but pokers hey day? or hay day?

I did extremely well at full tilt pokerstars and many other sites that are gone now. Never liked party poker so stayed off it but had money on 50 sites. I have played up to 5-10 nl and 200 buy ins. I played 8 months online every day 5-6 hours with the guys you all talk about and see on tv and held my own. I have actually did seats and health kept me from events!! I have also been on sky tv.

I did this for a living for 5 years approximately so yes I know mtt and higher stakes lol.

I love playing foreigners honestly the over aggressive style makes life easier for me.

I PRAY DAILY that US fixes things so I can have my action against that group again.

So no harm intended. Yet I think you questioned me or things I said.

Is my health holds up I AM GOING TO THE TOP. That is a promise and you can take that as is or not. I know what can do cause I did this all before:)

Now saying all that not trying to brag is simple truth. I have played four 10k events or bigger in last 2 months.

The freerolls here ? So far after a couple weeks? Just as good of players mostly better cause still finding some very weak players all over in the US events. Meaning carbon americas cardroom etc.. sites

So maybe you think pokerstars or tilt is tougher than in the past? or whatever maybe your right I cannot judge. I would believe though is not tougher is less tough and would own it all again when got to the level needed.

So anyway said too much or whatever again just thought you took liberty will say have beaten 14k people on stars to finish first in money events lol.

So to question what said or my perspective? Now the one thing is I havent played many events with cardschat but so far? Is tougher than a 5.00 event or 10.00 or at least equal to them.

Yet can only play US so who knows:) I hope that changes though I find foreign play easily adaptable and prefer to play more aggressive people. They usually irk me and make me a stronger meaner player to play back at them lol

of course the fields are tougher than pre black friday, they get tougher over time and all the best USA regs moved overseas.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is also amazing to me to see people from here daily winning tonight trent was on acr with me he got 29th bubble on a bad beat I believe and I got 17th in a small 100 guar turbo.

It seems I run into seeing mordy sue mr p bluff me all in just to name a few names I see daily it seems with large stacks or wins lol That is a handful that I run across almost daily is just as many as that that i run across every couple days etc..

So ya not a cakewalk I had aq suited tonight called chip leader all in 10k chips to my 6700 think was in like fourth sevens held up but guessed was weaker hand being in front of button etc.. the person

went out 41st on the acr event

yet always know if call an all in here? the othere aint playing 9 2 offsuit haha so is a gamble here.

My advice was earlier be patient pray for luck cause is dammed beasts here like external who can blow you away and to external next time we play I will adjust my game cause he is too good to play how normally play and expect to win.

Not just saying this he blew my doors off three handed which I get to that position I kinda expect the win 99% of time lol

Will lose for bad luck people getting great cards etc.. but is very rare for the to run into people that out right out play me and when I do is refreshing honestly and makes me raise my game to a new level:)

So I am enjoying the hell out of playing these people:) I hope some become lifetime friends and all do well at the tables except against me lol :)

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i don't really need your advice on buying into tournaments. free rolls are soft as hell and are filled with a combination of tight passive and loose passives. I personally am not scared in any tournament i buy in to, its quite pointless, the money is gone and you either cash or you don't.

now onto your generalising about all tournament fields are the same. its moronic thats like saying all poker stakes are the same and if thats the case and you can beat 2nl then why not just jump in 20knl since its all the same game, why aren't you crushing super high rollers? because not all fields are created equal, that should be obvious enough.

people playing free rolls aren't good enough to play professionally, if they were a winning player they would maximise their hourly return by loading up another tournament or cash table instead.

ok I will let my wins speak for themselves I doubt is many here who have my history honestly. Is a few but doubt many and yes im going to the top.

I walked away i tried running businesses and got screwed over hardcore and my health is really a mess yet the one thing I have always excelled in is poker.

I have nothing need disability or to win at poker. I have no money pretty much went homeless except a friend gave me a back room. I have vertigo I think with my blood oxygen heart issue and have fallen down over ten times in last month and broke my computer screen etc.. Yet nothing is going to hold me back too much longer.

I have steadily increased my backroll and paid someone rent finally with winnings lol after 1 month from freerolls now am rebuilding and will keep building and you will see what I post.

I am flat out telling you I watched the 20k on full flush and the final two tables had no one in the top 40 on this site or they would have owned that tournament imho.

Those 18 were honestly that weak and too loose aggressive for an 20k win so not sure what it was 50k event? whatever first took 20 second 12 third 8 etc..

That is when I knew I could really do well again. Then two weeks later I start playing freerolls seeing the people here recognizing them running into them at times and losing. That is when realized nope not the cakewalk I thought.

So think what you like. I know most of the best players personally and a ton that you are talking about I am real life friends with who did or do the overseas thing.

For every greg raymer is 4000 us players as good that no one knows.

A few of those players happen to play this forum. Is more than a handful.

In time maybe you agree maybe you dont.

I am playing freerolls I was ranked and rated on sites once upon a lifetime lol

Will say as move up bankrolls will play less and less freerolls but will probably play ones here. Since some things are just more then money:)

I have won at every level on every site I have ever played I have moved a ton of money but never deposited truly in life ANYWHERE.

I am working and grinding cause have done it before know can do it again lol.

I HATE LOSING SO BAD that having 30 on a site and losing a dollar in a day pisses me off to the MAX.

Even after winning say 1400 on tilt if I lost a ten dollar event and had no show for it I would go to free for a bit till made sure game was on haha.

I do think is a numbers game with me I cant win every time so need to play enough to come out ahead daily.

P.S. if you think playing freerolls to the top cant be done? Watch I will show you it will work slowly steadily till get my big wins.

I still have played hmmm one 11 one 540 that canceled four or five 5.00 events and one 30 event that took a crazy ugly beat to bubble for like 4k lol

I am making sure am ready. I am making sure my game is spot on and that takes hands time and patience I pretty much didnt play for 3 years except occassionaly at hard rock or in cali or vegas and nothing major no tourneys was all ring.

When played could expect a 5k monthly check lol back in day without fully being focused or serious. I dont even know if my level is there yet.

I am winning daily steadily. when am beaten am not getting shortchanged so my push is coming soon. But to say no one does freerolls that make good money? I always have I always will IF WON wsop I would still play on this forum with friends at times.

Is just who I am. So all situations are not cut and dry I havent had money in ohhhhhhhh a year and half? Not a dollar lol. Has been a rough road and a severe health issue. I dont get any aid. Yet now have this chance health is ok to give it a shot so doing it. I think withdrawing 600 last month after taking off 3 years lol and having now over 30 dollars on four sites and 10 on another 2 is a pretty good dammed start for two months of play lol

All that money is freerolling and a grind and hard work hours and hours of work.

now since just wasted 40 minutes of my tourney time on two freerolls and now short to post all of this gonna go focus and see if can reach the money:)

I have major health issues I owe zero to hospitals and have been hospitalized for major time frames and that is all thanks to this lovely game:)

So saying I guess im a homer lol I am going to top though. I have that game I know it cause have done things before. Yet is still bad days that would walk away from buy ins ugly beats etc.. and go to freerolls since love to play and got nothing better to do or had nothing to do etc..

You shouldnt assume I guess I guarantee is a lot more stories like mine.

People dont go pro for reasons and usually is life gets in the way:) We all have choices this is now my profession my only livelihood. I promise I wont go hungry.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course the fields are tougher than pre black friday, they get tougher over time and all the best USA regs moved overseas.

I have 8 count them 8 friends who went overseas for a bit and quit and only play live now the lowest casher online was 800k within a year.

So NOPE THEY AINT ALL PLAYING OVERSEAS or doing this incorrectly as you are stating:) I dont even know why you are here you dont have any poker rooms even listed?

Why not come in show us what your made of?

I'm your huckleberry !!

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you are confusing someone who plays a lot of hands as a bad player and those who play tight or "good cards" as good players. I'm not disputing that that CC freerolls are better than other freerolls but a lot of the players are exploitable and unbalanced. Just because someone is playing a way that you don't think is good doesn't mean it's not good, it may just mean you don't understand why they're doing what they're doing.

H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
ok I will let my wins speak for themselves I doubt is many here who have my history honestly. Is a few but doubt many and yes im going to the top.

You shouldnt assume I guess I guarantee is a lot more stories like mine.

People dont go pro for reasons and usually is life gets in the way:) We all have choices this is now my profession my only livelihood. I promise I wont go hungry.

You sure "talk" a lot for someone who supposedly lets their tournament wins "speak for themselves". It's too bad that you never manage to actually say anything.

No one gives a shit about your life story, or your supposed past winnings, or your supposed poker genius friends. This thread is about CC freerolls. They are soft and spewy, like all other freerolls. Anyone who says otherwise is clueless or biased.

I'm sorry to hear about your health issues, and it's clear that poker success is all you have to look forward to in life. If you think CC freerolls are tough, then you're never getting there. End of story.

-HooDooKoo

P.S. I really hope that English isn't your first language. If it is, you should be embarrassed.

P.S.S. duggs is a deep stack cash game player at PokerStars. He's a MUCH better player than you will ever be, and you could learn a ton by reading his thread. It's not hard to find.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You sure "talk" a lot for someone who supposedly lets their tournament wins "speak for themselves". It's too bad that you never manage to actually say anything.

No one gives a shit about your life story, or your supposed past winnings, or your supposed poker genius friends. This thread is about CC freerolls. They are soft and spewy, like all other freerolls. Anyone who says otherwise is clueless or biased.

I'm sorry to hear about your health issues, and it's clear that poker success is all you have to look forward to in life. If you think CC freerolls are tough, then you're never getting there. End of story.

-HooDooKoo

P.S. I really hope that English isn't your first language. If it is, you should be embarrassed.

P.S.S. duggs is a deep stack cash game player at PokerStars. He's a MUCH better player than you will ever be, and you could learn a ton by reading his thread. It's not hard to find.

ummm I aint mad. Here is thing have heart issue is a blood oxygen issue. I have fallen down 20 times in last two months cant use oxygen tank is blood FLOW cause my left ventricular to my heart BROKE i have a super low ejection fraction if you care to look that up:) In the teens. I am a miracle in that I can do much of anything with the lighthead ness or other things I deal with on a daily minute by minute basis.

THIS IS ONLY AND LAST APOLOGY I HOPE TO THIS FORUM OR ANYONE WHO READS WHAT I WRITE. I will try not to continue to do that and have had to on other forums for hockey say. I am on way hopefully not of altheimers if last that long or dementia is also a possibility.

Till you run into a family member or someone who deals with what I am dealing with GOD FORBID and pray you never see it don't assume is cool to call someone out you KNOW NOTHING ABOUT WHATSOEVER.

Just giving you a heads up. If I can make any kind of sense and help one person that is a good thing and is all was trying to do here. I had a good life if last four more years without a new heart is a much bigger miracle. Just letting you know this is real its a frustrating thing.

Poker helps friends help prayer helps talking to people not living and accepting misery helps.

I played deep cash 5-10 on three sites tilt bet and stars so why should I be impressed? He has NOT PLAYED ONE EVENT HE HAS NO LISTINGS of playing with any of these players here?

Is a group of studs here I have seen it am witness in 2 weeks im impressed very impressed honestly have been member of 3 forums in past the freerolls were not even close to this level. I had forum wars for two years and was not at this level.

So if you disagree great no problem is what you think. I can only go by past what I have seen lived though and witnessed.

So if he is talking smack on something he has no history of ? Well I called him out and when I get my cash flow I will happy to sit down at a table with the man and I guarantee will hold own. I have not met anyone I could not hold own with even with my issues.

I adjust and play the better the player the more adjustment but I have never met someone I think is that much better sitting at a poker table and ive met over and played over a hundred pros who you all have seen on tv. Is a few that scared me at first but I got my game where was ok and came out fine. That is both online and in the casinos.

I have never played 100k high stakes ring but have watched live and on tv and I think I would be fine. I have won at every level ever played steadily consistently.

So the statement is these are not normal players not at cardschat they have game most of them real game. I am impressed shoot me lol.

SO YOU HAVE THE APOLOGY I AM GONNA DROP THIS HOPEFULLY IVE SAID MY PEACE OR ENOUGH. I DONT EXPECT OR WANT PEOPLE TO BE SORRY FOR ME AS SAID HAD A GOOD LIFE. YEARS OF PARTYING ABUSE WHATEVER IS WHY IM PAYING AND WE ALL PASS. HOPEFULLY I HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO MAKE SOMETHING GREAT HAPPEN. I AM GONNA TRY. WE WILL SEE WHAT GOD HAS PLANNED FOR ME:)

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

LOL you will definitely find that on Carbon's cash game tables. I'm always put to the test playing against maniacs that will shove god knows what. I have TPTK and someone checks the turn OOP-> I bet and they check allin shove OOP causing me to fold. Story of my life, I deal with so many huge check raises that I feel like I need to play nit tight against those maniacs. Just last night at the cash table some maniac shoved on the flop with top pair horrible kicker and forced me off the pot when I had a better kicker.

However I noticed though on the freerolls it's not as hectic. Like you said, a good amount of CC freeroll players will play fit or fold. So it takes some of the guesswork out of it.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love CC and am very grateful for the opportunities they offer this community. Not just the freerolls, but the forum and its friendly atmosphere, as well as a number of other things.

But, the CC games are often as full of bad players as any other games. What makes them tougher than most freerolls is that in spite of all the bad players, you will find a level of poker that wont be as rampant in many other freerolls. In between any 2 bad players can often be a thinking player who actually plays in real games and simply enjoys the CC games for the social aspect more than the money. These guys and gals will eat your lunch more often than not.

IMO, any game can be tough if you have a thinking player at the table, especially if he has position on you. It can be tough if you are simply getting bad cards and have a table of idiots who call no matter where you raise from and how much. It can be tough for many reasons.

As long as you approach each game with your own personal style of playing (assuming you have one, and have it for a reason) and you are aware of the tables and able to adjust, then you should be able to play good. And as long as yo play good, what more can you do?

It is the camaraderie that make the CC games such a pleasure. When you get a good player in a games that has a top payout of $25 + -, he/she aint all that hot about the money. Its the win.

tl:/dr summary:

To beat a CC freeroll, play good. To beat any game, play good. To learn how to play good, well, that info can be found here as well:)

punctual

punctual

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It seems I touched a nerve with you. Have I shattered your illusion of high stakes poker being such an exclusive club where only the best of the best can play? As Nietsche once professed: People don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed!

Truth is, there are fish at every level: some fish are simply richer. You seem to equate more money with skill: this is very foolish of you. And of course, the pros will go where the bigger money is so you will find more competition at the higher stakes which is to say higher stakes will push you to play your best game since now you will be competing against professional to win the fish money.

But the fact remains: whether I'm in for 55cents or for $550,000, it is my two cards against everyone else's. The game is the same at all levels whether or not you care to believe this. In all honesty, do you REALLY believe the mathematical odds or the cards "care" about how much the buy-ins are? You think odds and how the game is played magically changes based on the buy-in level? Silly silly duggsy....

So if its the same then why can't I go from beating 2NL to beating 20NL or 200NL or 2000NL. I mean, why even play 2NL in the first place if it's all the same? might as well jump right into the higher stakes no?

The answer is: because you are not psychologically ready to make the jump. Whether or not you know it, you play 20NL differently from the way you play 2NL: irrespective of your acknowledgement, the buy-in level has a psychological effect on you. In poker you must be able to switch gears: I am 100% convinced that there is no play or "move" you would see in a higher stakes game that you would not also be able to see employed in freerolls or low buy-in events.

If you could tell me what plays are possible at the higher levels that are not also possible at the lower levels then perhaps I might give your argument further thought, consideration, and possibly even credence. Otherwise, what you are saying is a joke or worse, the product of a person who is psychologically stuck at a level who fails to admit this fact to himself. What I am saying in essence is that you are probably good enough to beat 20NL if you are beating 2NL but probably not psychologically ready. As is often the case for many players, you may be your own worst enemy.

Last edited:
micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this thread is gonna start a war lol, subscribed

poor OP just wants to win a couple bucks off CC;)

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems I touched a nerve with you. Have I shattered your illusion of high stakes poker being such an exclusive club where only the best of the best can play? As Nietsche once professed: People don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed!

Truth is, there are fish at every level: some fish are simply richer. You seem to equate more money with skill: this is very foolish of you. And of course, the pros will go where the bigger money is so you will find more competition at the higher stakes which is to say higher stakes will push you to play your best game since now you will be competing against professional to win the fish money.

But the fact remains: whether I'm in for 55cents or for $550,000, it is my two cards against everyone else's. The game is the same at all levels whether or not you care to believe this. In all honesty, do you REALLY believe the mathematical odds or the cards "care" about how much the buy-ins are? You think odds and how the game is played magically changes based on the buy-in level? Silly silly duggsy....

So if its the same then why can't I go from beating 2NL to beating 20NL or 200NL or 2000NL. I mean, why even play 2NL in the first place if it's all the same? might as well jump right into the higher stakes no?

The answer is: because you are not psychologically ready to make the jump. Whether or not you know it, you play 20NL differently from the way you play 2NL: irrespective of your acknowledgement, the buy-in level has a psychological effect on you. In poker you must be able to switch gears: I am 100% convinced that there is no play or "move" you would see in a higher stakes game that you would not also be able to see employed in freerolls or low buy-in events.

If you could tell me what plays are possible at the higher levels that are not also possible at the lower levels then perhaps I might give your argument further thought, consideration, and possibly even credence. Otherwise, what you are saying is a joke or worse, the product of a person who is psychologically stuck at a level who fails to admit this fact to himself. What I am saying in essence is that you are probably good enough to beat 20NL if you are beating 2NL but probably not psychologically ready. As is often the case for many players, you may be your own worst enemy.

well this is just wrong, you even conceded that you play better regs at higher stakes. then say that all games are equally as hard. this is logically inconsistent, and really really stupid.

Poker Tips Freeroll Passwords