CC freerolls are harder than I expected, any tips?

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you in the money often?
I do alright but you cannot claim ITM is easy

Very often, to be ahead of most players who play in the freeroll ...

If you think it's hard to play in the freeroll, so the real money and climbing up the limits means need god level ? :adore:

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very often, to be ahead of most players who play in the freeroll ...

If you think it's hard to play in the freeroll, so the real money and climbing up the limits means need god level ? :adore:
I mean the compitition can be intense
I can name dozens Ive played with over the years regularly,
and they are damn good
also played CC league for years- 10x harder
and I do ok+, cash regularly ($1000s from CC I bet if I added it all up)
and can claim many wins
(4th today at stars, 1st at party few weeks ago...)

you play the CC games on most sites?
game changes from site to site
pre BlackFriday there was way more players and it was hard to ITM
point being, there is many great CC members who play the freerolls,
even when they are rolled for way bigger games
and you have to respect that
and you cant claim to be ahead of most of the players there

bredstik

bredstik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, I would say that the quality of competition is much greater than in your average freeroll, so you'll want to adjust your strategy accordingly.

Dlew123

Dlew123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
one first place ive got and a few other cash's

most players here are very skilled and know the game a lot

just keep learning the game

R

ruslan1941

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the players freerolls CardsChat, not too weak

scorpion1367

scorpion1367

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play ,study ,play ,study,play study ,play........well you get the idea.....scorp

sandund

sandund

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, if you have skill...than you just need more luck, simply as that.

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats yearly basis. lol.

Im talking here per week or per month where a guy consistently lands on top 5 all the time.

@VizziVizo, dont lose hope. You will soon be first or second. Just try and try.

Thanks, will do)

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My friend none of us make 1st place everyday. I've cashed a few but lost many more. But the thing I like about these freerolls the best is that I can learn and it don't cost me a dime, and a long the way pick up a few $. But there are some tough players here. So it's not like "here is you $10 for just trying" It just don't work that way. Just keep trying. I think that's the name of the game.

This is most correct post on this thread. If you also read PapaC's signature it may also help you - BE MORE POSITIVE - This is absolutely necessary, no negative thinking and gl..................:D:D:D

I hope you get the message.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is a virtue!!!!!!!!! Very good players on CC.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah it's never easy to get in FT there. :) Lot of players are pretty skilled, some players frequently play in middle/big buy-in tourneys. Moreover we know each other so it makes it more difficult. But that's why I love CC frees, always a challenge. :)

No Sir. They are not and will not be easy or should they be. I come here to learn how to win these freerolls and I have been in the money several times(Im Not Winning Anything LOL) from my own time spent here. Maybe that's the reason CC waits 30 days and 65 good posts because they want you to come in winning. But you know the best thing I've found here, is that new boys/girls can get into plenty here that you won't even have time to think about freerolls. Look around there is some gift just around the next curve. Love you all. Thats me 2c

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
patience and timely luck is what it takes my luck right now is iffy yet moneyed on carbon and one of these yesterday but will say for almost 2 hours I folded folded and folded some more I won think to 6200 at one point should have been a good push hit 4 8's to set of deuces lol i folded that down was down to 2300 when started getting some luck on my blinds cards were still not great dakota got like 30k chips at one point think was aa to my kk lol with like 15 people left big hurt big what probably should have been a death blow but hit a few blinds for like 12k worth of chips had patience went out fourth on river flush think even though player began with better hand

that is your patience and timely luck thing these players are good if they are hitting also arghhh lol

i know I have a great game but still need some help from poker gods or whatever is what it is have to play the hands you must and sometimes get lucky if you are not lucky well can be a short one imho here :) GL GL GL

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can speak from experience (5 time Full Tilt Cardschat freeroll winner) before black Friday - These play a lot like a mid stakes MTT once you get down to about 50% of the field.

It's been a while but it's a lot different than any other freeroll I've played.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
these def play like a $50.00 buy in for a 10k event actually play better than some of those I have seen lol Full flush 10k or 25k or whatever was super loose lol so dont expect that.

Hard to trick people here have to really do a gambit of moves get luck have patience and know that usually if they make a move your hand might be better but ummm they got a hand generally is what I am finding out lol.

i think im on sixth event money twice 11.00 at carbon 12.00 last night for 3rd on black chip think carbon was like a sixth think have a couple like 17th and 30th's etc.. played league on stars yesterday had great starting hands for hour and half couldnt catch a pond standing in it haha. ohhh 3 moneys full flush 2.00 on monday for 16th

So will say this the person that beat me on black chip very aggressive changed styles I will adjust but hats off to external if get to that position I dont lose often:)

On the full flush one? I lost cause thought a player was bluffmeallin whom I have played a lot even if he didnt recognize me lol. A guy made a move I folded bitched at who I thought was bluff even said guarantee I have best hand raise reraise all in out of position type of thing.

I came on here to view bluff's handles on sites was not our guy. Full flush is only one I believe has non cardschat people but playing bluff a lot not sure he realizes that lol but have played him a lot gave the respect of chance of losing that hand sorry for long story but after a little over a week of playing here

I RESPECT some people lol ive folded pocket jacks to people here did it to mordy yesterday on carbon and did win an 11.00 entry so was right choice whether i would have lucked into those hands or not is better times when I am not all in!!

So that is biggest advice usually a majority of the guys here if all in are not short stacked lol they AINT PLAYING QK LOL

if you got a couple callers? YOU GOT POCKETS so have to adjust make those decisions and hell no matter how good you play you are gonna make mistakes and be dominated at times even with kk

This site has 80 good to great players in my estimation regular players is more but guys I see all over!! winning and playing online on sites!!

H

hitides

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well done for making to even play in the games...I'm trying my best earn the same the reward. Play your game and learn by your mistakes. There are plenty of people here to help you with your game should you ask for comments I'm sure. Best of luck on an off the tables

S

Swickster007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best tip is to practice and be consistent. If you want to grade yourself as a poker player, you NEED to be consistence. If you are not consistent, then you will not be able to make adjustments or changes. Think of it as a science experiment. Limit the amount of variables with consistency, then change things as needed to change the results. So if playing tight isn't working for you, try to loosen up a bit and spread your range. Or anything that you want, each player is different.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thats yearly basis. lol.

Im talking here per week or per month where a guy consistently lands on top 5 all the time.
not even ivey and brunson land in top 5 all the time:rolleyes:
there is consistly great players is what Im saying, who can run deep regularly
and theres players who will take months+ of playing to be lucky to cash

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls do not play like $50 tournaments you guys are being extremely biased or delusional when you claim that.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
My friend none of us make 1st place everyday. I've cashed a few but lost many more. But the thing I like about these freerolls the best is that I can learn and it don't cost me a dime, and a long the way pick up a few $. But there are some tough players here. So it's not like "here is you $10 for just trying" It just don't work that way. Just keep trying. I think that's the name of the game.
Precisely.An accurate description of what these freerolls are about.Most players are TAGs so you must learn how to deal with that style of play.
If you don't have a HUD I suggest PT4.That will give you an idea how each type of player rolls.
Hang in there, and you will begin to improve with experience. You will be getting skill improvement at no cost.:)

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The FullTilt and pokerstars ones seem easier to me, now that the US players are gone.

Means I usually last fifteen to twenty minutes, instead of five... :cheers:

D

DVFreewill

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree you have to play the freerolls like it is a real $ tourney. So many people just shove with 2 face cards-look for those players and pick em off with a premium hand.

S

stlbluesfan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Keep playing - the best way to improve is by playing people better than you.
2. Spend some time on the site reading the available materials, posts, analysis etc.
Being a part of this group has improved my game a great deal. The wins will come, in the meantime enjoy the ride. Good luck.

solargarlic

solargarlic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bet these freerolls are tough judging by the knowledge and skill level of the payers on here. I am not lucky enough to be a part of them yet I but I hope maybe someday. Until then I will keep reading and posting. Good Luck hope to see you in one of the CC freerolls when I am eligible.

Poker Tips Freeroll Passwords