Bluffing and C-betting

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Statistically is vantage you bluff against one opponent?!

If you bet before flop and you have position against one opponent, your opponent after flop, only check. Your C-bet is a better strategy?!

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluff is a great weapon, but it is dangerous.Proper timing is very important, so it is rarely used. After the flop, I think a c bet is justified against a passive player.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a feeling right now that I have to use this opportunity much more..

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So many players take continuation betting for granted. They tend to either always CB OR only CB with strong hands. Both strategies can be easily exploited - forcing us to think deeper about our flop lines when we are the preflop aggressor. This is even more crucial in spots that may seem mundane

ferocious

ferocious

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
c bet is much more powerful than a single bet ,but it depends on the oponent you are playing,works better with passive players and not for fish

shim36

shim36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is certainly more effective than multi-way.
I find C-bet to be a highly effective strategy. I think it is more effective especially for those who do not know the effectiveness of C-bet.

blackclover

blackclover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use bluff when all my opponents check on the preflop and I am in a dealer position.

A

adueno81

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bluff many times while playing poker. Most of the time noone calls it.

WickedFRoST

WickedFRoST

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,

You actually should be c-betting in position against 1 opponent around 75% of the time. It is very profitable in the long term. Not only because your opponent will often fold often and you will win the pot right away. We do not c-bet for the sake of bluffing alone. It is important to keep high-frequency c-betting because you also want to get paid with your value hands as well.

Since it is hard to play out of position your opponent will overfold, thus if you only c-bet with strong holdings you will leave yourself quite exploitable. They will print money by folding to your bets, and betting on the turn after you check the flop.

When you are out of position, on the other hand, your c-betting frequency should drop dramatically, but still you need to mix some bluffs in there as well.

R

Royal9012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Statistically is vantage you bluff against one opponent?!

If you bet before flop and you have position against one opponent, your opponent after flop, only check. Your C-bet is a better strategy?!
You can try this, but with a smallest bet, if he have somethis , he calls .

U

Untitled2jd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're a noob, best thing you could do is to start c-betting based on the board. So if the BTN raised you at BB and you call, the board plays out 3 6 7, check and wait for c-bet from opp on the flop and then call or 3bet opps flop c-bet. If opp calls, throw a 30-60% c-bet OOP on the turn. This tends to be profitable with ATC based on position. Now if you made an early position raise with something like AQ and you get a call from CO and board runs out J K 5, you can def raise OOP on the flop because your range is tighter than the person that called from cutoff. If the board ran out 4 6 8 for instance and I'm the OOP raiser, I'd check it down and sift through what opp could have and see if I have equity based on actions and a good mix of early position bluff raises/3bets.

Also I almost guarantee this wont be profitable at anything less than .25NL

D

Dhembhe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff

Before attempting any bluff, assess whether your opponent is looking for a reason to call or fold.

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is an important part of poker, but you need to be able to use it correctly, unfortunately I'm not good at it. I am learning this science from rivals. I agree that when you have only one or two opponents in front of you, then bluff must be used.

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not a huge bluffer, but a well timed bluff needs to be a part of your arsenal. I really try to keep my preflop raises small unless I have a premim hand and I need to thin the field. If I don't like the texture of the flop and I don't have at lease some kind of draw I don't mind checking. C-betting only because you raised is bad poker.

If you really think your opponent is weak on the turn or you still have the best hand you should be betting, even if you checked the flop. I also don't mind showing down a bluff early in the game- I'll get paid off later in the game as the blinds go up.

One of the biggest things about bluffing is betting the right amount. What kind of odds is your opponent getting? How much of his stack does he need to call? How much are you risking for the bluff? Throwing out a pot sized bet because it was checked to you is really bad. I get really frustrated when my opponent is consistently betting the pot when I check to him and I have nothing even resembling a hand to check-raise. But they do get a note!!!!

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good answer

So I need analysis better the flop.
It’s more lucrative if a have a good flop for a bluff positive. Normally with hight cards...

Some times I think abou of the risck that do highter the pot and we lesss several chips when the opponent right the river.

If you're a noob, best thing you could do is to start c-betting based on the board. So if the BTN raised you at BB and you call, the board plays out 3 6 7, check and wait for c-bet from opp on the flop and then call or 3bet opps flop c-bet. If opp calls, throw a 30-60% c-bet OOP on the turn. This tends to be profitable with ATC based on position. Now if you made an early position raise with something like AQ and you get a call from CO and board runs out J K 5, you can def raise OOP on the flop because your range is tighter than the person that called from cutoff. If the board ran out 4 6 8 for instance and I'm the OOP raiser, I'd check it down and sift through what opp could have and see if I have equity based on actions and a good mix of early position bluff raises/3bets.

Also I almost guarantee this wont be profitable at anything less than .25NL

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars