Betting at the start of the games and bluff

Seu buneco 366

Seu buneco 366

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
When the poker torneios games start everyone tries to double the chips at the beginning... and they pay to see the flop in almost every opening round, what is the best way you can think of:
When it comes to bluffing what is the best time to use this type of move.
or does it depend on the behavior of the players who are participating at the table,,,

Last edited:
Highfish

Highfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
What type of games are you talking about? Do you mean bounty tourneys?

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In general, bluffs are more common in the middle game and in the final stages of tournaments, when you play with more paying players, what you have to do is know how to valuebet your values, and turn off your hand when you don't hit anything, but also bluff without knowledge is bad, you should try to study the game, because there are situations where you have to bluff and others where you can't bluff at all, that is, the bluff has to make sense, you must have knowledge to apply it .

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
At the beginning many will play loose and in this way you can also study your opponents to try to bluff them.

Fernando_RO

Fernando_RO

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I agree with you at the beginning of tournaments, especially in freerolls several players tend to go all-in, two or three times in a row, most of the time they have only bluffs, but I think that only players with a manic aggressive profile, I prefer to play calmly, but of course if I have a premium hand I will pay the all-in on that hand, on many occasions I have eliminated 4 players from the table in the first hand and I have multiplied my chip stack by 4, on other occasions I have had a bad beat, in case of having maniac-aggressive players Take it Note from the players, and wait for your chance to exploit them and get the maximum amount of chips out of them, if you are patient 80% of the time you will draw a large amount of chips from them, just wait for the right hand.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best bluff is usually your first bluff. You tend to lose credit for your hand the more you get caught bluffing.

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I dont like the bluff in the beginin of the tourney,people call too much XD
I prefer growing my stack in the way i know iam winning
God bless

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
As the other members of the chat have already said, bluffing at the beginning of a tournament is not good. I usually start bluffing when I've already won good pots with showdown, because I create the image at the table that I play with good hands. But there are situations where bluffing can be used depending on the flop.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's not the best strategy to bluff and get involved in big pots early in the tournament.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
There are so many players at the beginning of tourney and 2, 3 or more players pay and go all-in. I newer bluff at that time, because you can easy lose with good pocket cards too.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
As is already known, players call a lot at the beginning of the tournament, so it's certainly not the best time to bluff.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Bluffing is a bit of a over rated thought into the came. Yes its part of the game but overall bluffing more than 1 or 2 times in a tournament is a lot.

Bluffing early i not advisable based on all the reasons you mentioned above. If there gambling they are also calling you.

As for bluffing, a good player who bluffs pick and choises there sports based on the story that the hand played out, the players there against and the cards on the table. If the story don't make sense good players will pick up on your bluffs.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's only worth bluffing against those who understand what you're telling them about your hand.
Before ITM, you may be able to bluff with better results against players with medium or smaller stacks.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars Top 10 Games