Be passive or aggressive?

cheapseats76

cheapseats76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is harder to play a loose aggressive style and requires excellent post flop skills to master, if you find yourself being outplayed after the flop then a loose aggressive style is not for you as you are simply wasting money. However if you are playing a passive style it is much harder to win a big amount at one time and will require you to play longer sessions. I am assuming you are regarding the play at a cash table as tournaments only permit you to play a certain style for the first few betting rounds then the blinds and antes dictate how you will play from there on out. Good luck on the felts!

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pro advice is to play Tight Aggressive and frown on Loose Passive. Play however you want based on your read of the table. Hard to do in MTT, but try to become a quick read.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depedns on the situation sometimes you want to "play" loose and then push it aggresively when your opponent catches the trap

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I certainly believe that an aggressive style is more effective. You put pressure on your opponents which causes them to make mistakes.

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends from table.. if there is already agressiv player in table and you are not very bold then n my oppinion it woud play tight. There is alway risk to be unlucky on river.

R

raventvm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play very tight aggressive and I think you should do TA first to learning

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aggressive play = active play. To play actively means to take active actions: to bet and raise (re-raise). Accordingly, passive actions - check and call. You do not need to hit the table with your hand, swear, enter into skirmishes with the dealer in order to play aggressively. In poker, aggression is activity!

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think youre mixing up agressivity with playing loose.

Agressive plays are the ones that you activelly attack the pot and bet. Its a good strategy because even when youre outflopped, you can controll the pot size, and when you have the best hand you can extract value.

Playing loose is when you broaden your range and play hands that tight players would not.

There are a such thing as a tight agressive player, that is a player that only plays premium hands but activelly attacks the pot.

So yeah, agressive is good!!!

Regie19

Regie19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think youre mixing up agressivity with playing loose.

Agressive plays are the ones that you activelly attack the pot and bet. Its a good strategy because even when youre outflopped, you can controll the pot size, and when you have the best hand you can extract value.

Playing loose is when you broaden your range and play hands that tight players would not.

There are a such thing as a tight agressive player, that is a player that only plays premium hands but activelly attacks the pot.

So yeah, agressive is good!!!
you wrote it well