Be passive or aggressive?

marieemce

marieemce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We need to be aggressive in the middle of the tournament until the end choosing the hands and watching the players well and how they play

M

mex4el

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on your opponent and also on your stack. So you need to test yourself and then draw a conclusion ...

V

Vasek0209

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
what I'm playing

I have seen several videos of pro poker players and their style of play varies between passive and aggressive so I ask you which ones prefer which ???

It all depends on the opponents, the first 15-20 hands, I see how they behave, see what they play. And then either play only strong hands and pocket pairs, or in an aggressive style. And another important point! The stack should allow the game in aggressive style. If the stack does not, I don't recommend playing 75% of what you lose.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aggressive is defiantly best but like most bluffs or moves, it can only work in certain spots, people generally call if they hit top pair or even 2nd pair so the first big show down you need to show strength to gain a board respect 👍 but doesn't always work - Go big or go home.

L

Ly4nik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on the situation, it is better to play safely (play good hands) but twist them aggressively)

vadimknyshov

vadimknyshov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should not always be the same and stick to some specific strategy. This will make you more unpredictable for opponents

Edvardas

Edvardas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personaly im playing tight aggressive poker , I think its very strong style. "Tight" means playing strong hands and folding weak ones. Meanwhile an "aggressive" player will bet and raise, and only rarely call. Somebody who plays tight and aggressive waits for profitable situations and consistently takes advantage of them.

vitorbonatto

vitorbonatto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
vs. fishes i'd go more agressively

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 ways to win when aggressive, have the best hand or make them fold the best hand
Passive you have to have the best hand

vse i sra3y

vse i sra3y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to balance the aggressive and passive styles of the game.

Diegol

Diegol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agressive with big stack and passive with small stack

Antulio francis

Antulio francis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aggressive always aggressive gained or lost because most of them are passive it shows very clear any reaction if you are bluffing and play passively the course of the hands will hurt the chances of the call and if you play passively in front in a situation you will also take a lot Call not that it is bad more in the middle concept as you play aggressive the sample of sample of shows a clearer reading will hardly take bads although it is inevitable defining aggressive to break the maximum of fich of the viloes

Y

Yoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends of situation for me passive style is more profitable I play agressive when i have the cards to do so and from time to time i am agressive with a 3BB rasi on button position.I like instead agressive players they can raise your stack if you passive and i am aware on players that play like 1 2 hands from 10 i usual fold when they attak:).If my cards are AT+ i am agressive even when i decided to play passive.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm trying to play adjusting to opponents, against some aggressive play against the other passive.

Bagmet

Bagmet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many factors affect the game . Because the game don't play one and a few tables . So depends on good luck on the tables , the number of chips bluffing or not before it was caught bluffing or not. Has already in prizes at the tournament , of the tournament depends on if it's not a Hyper turbo that tight and aggressive on the cards.

Tulipaneiro

Tulipaneiro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First very agressive later passive (when u claim many chips)!

A

amemex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say (like a lot of people on this thread) it depends what you're playing and with who.

If you're familiar with those around your table, aggressiveness (WHEN POSSIBLE) is the way to go; knowing your opponents game and their style is perfect when playing aggressive because you know when and how much to raise enough to get a call. That doesn't mean you won't be occasionally passive and slow-play/trap when possible. You should, imo, never play just aggressive or just passive. You should prioritize one style, but be rounded well enough to play the latter when needed.

As for passiveness, I usually like playing tighter when I don't know who I'm playing against because it not only minimizes my losses, but it gives me several hands-worth of information on my other opponents that allow me to have a minimal (but much better) understanding of their style of play. Especially in online MTTs when I'm nearing the bubble, and have just been moved to a random table w/ randos, I play much more passive until I have a solid read/understanding of who's passive and who's aggro; then I play aggro v. passive players, and passive vs. aggros/wild cards.

If you're playing freerolls, it's a free-for-all in the first levels (no pun-intended) and I usually shove with top 7 hands and call shoves w/ mid-high pairs if I notice the shover is tilted.

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not agree to say if we are aggressive or passive, because that would define our game, everything depends on each play and do not guess our game. Show a balance and learn to read our opponents to scar the advantage of when to be aggressive and when to be passive, that I think :)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to be aggressive at first...then players think they have a `read` on you,,then change speeds on them,,check-raise a bit,,,limp a few times,,mix it up. It tends to drive some players crazy as they can`t get a `read` on you. Sometimes they get a little frustrated and push back,,,then you have them:D :deal:

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I play a too passive game. Some aggressiveness I'm sure would improve my game.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is important to switch gears, you've got to try and be unpredictable in poker and also try and play the opposite of what the table is doing. If the table is tight (mabye the blinds just went up) it might be time for a little aggression.

BoaSafra

BoaSafra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TIGHT AGRESSIVE, U CHANGE YOUR PLAYSTYLE ELAPSE TIME

cubons

cubons

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts