olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
AK is a good hand but AA is better.:)
To say which hand seems to give you the most trouble, - sometimes it seems that all your hands cause more troubles than joy. )

Reail

Reail

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Try to deliberately lower the "price" of this hand. It's like you're playing J10 with an overcard on the flop. In some cases, you will win less than you should, but you will definitely lose less.
But JJ's hand is really hard to play for me

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yes, AK is a weird hand but only on pokerstars :) I've had the misfortune to keep running into aces as soon as I have a good hand, it's really annoying the last few days:poop:

dajallina

dajallina

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I have the same thing. I think I prefer a stronger pair like JJ. I don't know how to play such cards. Anyway, even a couple 22 and you are underdog with AK at the start..

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
AQ annoys me more.
A and K are the two strongest cards in the deck, so it is difficult to fold such a hand, because if an A or a K comes on the flop, people trust it more, because of this, they can easily get carried away by their emotions. If the Villain gets the set on the turn, then comes the problem with AK.

Everaldo

Everaldo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone, returning to this topic, I come to the conclusion that we have difficulties in several hands because we do not have such a predetermined strategy since preflop. When it doesn't come out as expected, we don't have a plan B and many times the tournament ends there. We have to think a little more about this

ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
AK is a strong starting hand that can certainly be tricky to navigate. It often looks great on paper, but it has a tendency to draw a significant amount of chips from me too. I've tried various strategies and approaches with this hand, but it remains a challenge.
The difficulty with AK lies in its vulnerability to strong pocket pairs and the potential for domination. It's crucial to assess the table dynamics, opponent tendencies, and stack sizes before deciding how to play AK. Sometimes, it's best to play it cautiously and be prepared to fold if facing significant resistance.
QQ is also a tough starting hand for me to play...

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this hand is only good in the push-fold stage. In post-flop play, it should not be overestimated.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have seen so many players busted by A/K, I hate it! Sure it is a nice starting hand and by all means you should be raising pre-flop with it, but if you hit nothing on the flop You have to bet regardless to make your opponent believe you either hit big, or have a pair already and made a set.
Once playing pocket 9s on the BB I was raised by a player in late position, the SB completed so the pot now gave me decent odds to complete myself, 5/1, The flop came 8,9,10, rainbow and the SB checked, I checked on the BB and the player who raised pre-flop decided to shove all-in. The SB called and after some time I called as well.
Now I put the raiser on an A/K, A/Q, or a big pocket pair, with the SB calling the all-in I assumed she had made the hand she was looking for either Trips like myself or a Straight. either way I was losing but when the Turn dropped another 10 the SB checked, Now she could have been trapping me with 4 of a kind but with less than 3 blinds left in my stack I had to go for it, So I then shoved all-in and she called, the cards were turned over and as I had predicted the late position player had A/K, The SB had J/Q so had made her straight, and I had 9/9 to make a Full house.
So yes I hate A/K and would sooner play a pocket pair every time.
If the player in late position had shoved pre-flop with A/K, I am pretty sure the SB would possibly have folded, and left with only me to make a decision, it would have been a tough choice.
I would like to know if you agree and what would your action be holding any of the three hands? would you have played any different?

JeffSBrito

JeffSBrito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello!

I have faced some challenges when playing with AK in poker. Even though this is a strong hand, I haven't always been able to get the desired results. Sometimes I feel frustrated when my hand doesn't develop as expected or when I get beaten by better hands. I recognize that it is important to improve my strategy and skills when playing with AK, in order to maximize your profit potential. I'm working on analyzing situations where I use this hand and looking for ways to make more informed decisions. With time and experience, I hope to overcome these challenges and get better results with AK in poker.

GL

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All AX hands are not really strong. They need a lot of help from the board.
Only if no one hits anything these AX hands have that what is called I think show down value.
That's it. It's the greater luck gambling part of the game.
They A/broadways may be great bluffing cards, if you have the right table image.
But if there is nothing on flop or turn that improves your hand
you run a big bluff, if your opponents bet into you.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands