AK is the hand that troubles me most

flabilim

flabilim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Say guys, Ace King is the hand that draws the most chips from me. I've tried various ways to play it.

Which hand seems to give you the most trouble?

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
AK is definitely up there for me too. Such a strong hand, but if you miss on board it's just a another ace high hand. Pre flop you're most of the time favourite or at worst in a coin flip situation, but it way way too many times that I had it and still ran into AA or KK. So lately I've just been playing it way more passive than I have in the past. Sometime I get beaten by worse hands and lose some chips, but at least I'm not loosing whole buy ins with it anymore as I used to sometimes.

The other hands that fall into such category for me are JJ, J10s and J9s. The later two I just seem to play way too much as they even aren't that strong hands.

Everaldo

Everaldo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Passing by to leave my opinion too. AK really is a more complicated hand than it looks. I once heard that AK is a House with a Pool (if it's sunny everything is beautiful, now if it's only rain it's complicated). That's exactly how we feel when A or K doesn't come on the flop. And often the fact of hitting does not guarantee that the chips will come. Sometimes we find AA or Kk ahead. A player's life is never easy lol

ramorleans

ramorleans

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I ran into a several AA with my AK several times and it's really heart melting :(

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I am more concerned about AQ as it often occurs together with AK.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think AK become more complicated the deeper the stacks are. Its a top 5 hand preflop but is still only A high if it does not improve. Deeper stack even if you hit top pair it is still only a pair. Many players look at it as the nuts when the hit with it and are willing to put 150BB in the middle with it.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is a drawing hand and is in my opinion played better after the flop. It is only going to hit the flop one out of three times. If you miss the flop and are out of position then you have a problem. Playing it slow before the flop makes it easier to get away from it and makes it harder for opponents to read your hand when it hits. If I'm in position then I can play it faster. Position has a big role for me on how to play AK.

J

jack12de

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
I like AK very much and win a lot against other Ax. But I call too much with AJ and loose a lot with it...

Mart1194

Mart1194

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Like beach house. If it's not sunny, there's no fun
If you don't beat the A or K, there's no point

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think this is a great game you can make a lot of money on this hand if the flop is low then just throw away your hand is an ordinary hand if there is no pair I'm more concerned about the hand if you enter with someone like KJ you have a lot of problems on the flop so if you don't play well don't go in with that hand:)

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
any hand troubles me the most right now tough to win these days

flabilim

flabilim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
AK is definitely up there for me as well. Such a strong hand, but if you make a mistake on board, it's just another tall hand. Pre-flop you are most of the time a favorite or, at worst, in a heads-up situation, but many times I've had and still found AA or KK. Lately, I've been playing more passively than in the past. Sometimes I get beaten by worse hands and lose some chips, but at least I don't lose any more full buy-ins like I used to sometimes.

The other hands that fall into that category for me are JJ, J10s, and J9s. The last two I just seem to play too much, since they're not that strong hands.
JJ and another ungrateful hand too kkkkk

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My pocket jacks usually run into trouble on the river to an AK.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even if it's the same AK, if it feels vaguely unpleasant, the result is also not good. It's strange.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
You can play it like AT or AJ if you are experiencing some trouble with it.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Say guys, Ace King is the hand that draws the most chips from me. I've tried various ways to play it.

Which hand seems to give you the most trouble?
Yeah A K is kind of hard to play because just about everyone plays the A or The K' And of course like so many people play that it is more than likely that you could lose with a 2 pair combo with tha A or the K. And yes I have had terrible going all in pre flop with the AK. It seems that when ever that happens someone has a pair in hand and nethier my a or k hit. OH well that is the life of a poker player. Good luck at the tables.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That hand makes me trouble when i go all in with this hand and clush with some opponents pair. Very rarely i hit an ace or king. That makes me really pissed. However it learnt me play this hand carefully but not always.

Thiago Guimaraes

Thiago Guimaraes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, that depends a lot on where I'm playing. If it's a tournament with more than 500 people, usually this combination of cards is terrible for me. Especially because everyone will go all-in , with Ax/Kx. My game is also very conservative, and despite that, I think a thousand times about the position and the betting level to enter with AK, because it's endless sadness, lose to a random low pair.

For me, the worst best hand is KK

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For Me is a most worst hand this is AJ, especially, if AJ is not suit...

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
AJs have been the cards that have caused me many problems on the tables I try to throw them but it is didifil lol

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me, it is as difficult to play as JJ or TT, because if there is an A, K or Q on the board, we will be quite scared. Playing AK is the same thing, we just need to be careful with both hands. Great part of the time we will be ahead with AK, so we can be confident playing it.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
after reviewing play history some time ago, i found that i exit a tourney most often playing AK all in - so changed approach and play it to get to a flop and then re-evaluate...

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
low pocket pairs are a waste of time, most of the time, you are relying on hitting to get trips, but in reality, you have two outs against everything else!

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
imagine the following, you have a gun, you can keep it guarded or shoot it to knock it down, if you pull it, you have to shoot the first time, if you don't hit anything, shoot the second shot, if you don't hit anything, run because the villain will hit you. And if you pulled the gun and the villain pulled a bigger one, then I'll show you the power of your weapon, it's giant, a 3 bet and then a 4 bet

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands