Aggressive players

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love aggressive players, often its because they have a stack and are prepared to gamble the extra chips they have amassed to get the stack to play.
To play an aggressive player, consider their position on the table, how often are they raising/entering pots, note the hands or cards they show or reveal at heads up showdown, this will help with hand ranges - if you have a monster head in the blinds and they raise, reraise them even if it means jamming all in, make them pay to play is my motto.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play your game and do not pay attention to them, they will quickly leave the game. In the early stages of the tournament do not call these players, come to the promotion.
Learn starting hands

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
How to play against aggressive players? I don’t know how to play against them. Can someone tell me?

adjust their range of cards, create note of it, mark their Showdoun cards, and do not attempt to blefer it, play by value, and charge dearly of it when you have AA, KK, QQ, AKS, AQs, turn, easy, made it expensive for him ... as he always pays, the chance of you getting a lot of chips from him is great ..

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, everything is very simple.
I try to play with strong cards, I always use the position and patiently wait for a convenient opportunity to take advantage of the weaknesses of my opponents.
And in this case, aggressiveness will be the weak side of my opponents.

Goldog

Goldog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow! A lot of short answers to a general question. Understanding short table and HU play is really important. Tournament blinds also work into it as well.

In high blind, short table situations play based on cards nearly goes out the window. Obviously some showdown value is helpful but initiative, position and chip counts factor much more heavily at this point. Acting a certain way in spite of your cards helps. But you’re sure to hit bumps and get felted in the process. Those times you make it through will be well worth it. More often than you might think as you get better at it.

I’m guessing you’re not adjusting enough to the conditions present. Towards the $$$ bubble and FT many are playing much too tight. A good player will eat you guys alive! I didn’t come this far to get a dollar. I’m aiming for the top spot. It may be that I just miss the money three out of four times. But if the one time pays 100 times as much? Do the maths...

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
f

Hello ....
The best way to face an aggressive player is to limb your cards.You can check your Aces for example ...and waiting for him to bet you .

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wait for opportunity

If you can, wait for a premium hand to play against aggressive players, then reraise

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need discipline and patience
Wait for your best hand to come and then sock it to him.

P

PokerDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two ideas:

1. Wait for the nuts and attack back (but they can just fold when you do this)

2. Check raise with bluffs to slow them down. YMMV with this one, as you really have to understand range polarization before you go too overboard with this.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tighten up your range a bit and set a trap. Once you get them, they'll be rattled and you can take over as the table's aggressive player.

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait for the right hand and be more agressive!! Set a trap an you got it!!

J

jova1994

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The best strategy against an aggressive player is to play against him when we have a big hand, especially in the type of player who has a bet. We will have to wait for good hands. If we are in the pre-flop, we must think twice before reaching the hands with which we can not respond to an increase in his. We can extend the range of hands a little if we play after him, but not too much.:cool:

Federal_001

Federal_001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
being aggressive at the table is normal. most players are afraid to enter the distribution)) Respect those who play aggressively

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to play against aggressive players? I don’t know how to play against them. Can someone tell me?
I play against aggressive players only on good cards such as AA-KK-AK-QQ or I play against them when I have a good hand on the Flop!

J

JSLuckySJ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play against them with good hands.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good players play aggressively. How to play well against them? I think patiently and aggressively to play against them, which means that with premium cards, only in position, and play them aggressively,

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched an ultra aggressive player in the league the other night who was going All in - hand after hand after hand, donking a few players along the way. While i was trying to work out his motivations for this, it occurred to me that if i was sitting at the table, there would be no hand safe to call him with and for self preservation, i would have let someone else take him on, amazingly, that player just missed out on a final table - so it was not like they wanted to leave the game.
How do i generally play aggressive players? I fight back using a variance of factors, obviously my hand range needs to be good, my position, i am not looking to enter multi way pots unless i cannot avoid it.
If you are going to fight the bully, be prepared to have the best hand by a mile and possibly they will still donk you...classic example was 6 2 off versus KK the other night which ran out a straight on the river....go figure!

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
patient

stay patient and wait for the right hand.... soon or latter he will be traped

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agressive Players

And pretty much when we see players being aggressive they really make the game more exciting so be aggressive and know to fold at the right time magnifies the player

Play with aggressive players is to observe as well as all of us their weaknesses type if he gives open raise and fold to 3 bet if he does not leave flop turn and river then you after studying the villain of the style of play to choose your hands and believe them also

Sometimes pre flop aggressive players are not in post flop and are sometimes in two and sometimes aggression post flop come all this helps us to play it is tuned with the qualities of an aggressive player

:jd4:mateuspoker

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always be more aggressive than him when you are in any action against it do not play your cards play aggression against him.

I would say this is one of those occasions where you do need to play the cards, you need strong starting hands against these sort of players. Playing aggressively against these players without a strong hand is a sure way to lose your stack quickly. With a strong hand though you can let them bet themselves out.

P

PeedroZack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to explore them, you need to think about their ranges, what cards are doing this raises all the time, probably, or he is a lucky player, or he is bluffing a lot, and if you re raises the enemie and be most aggressive with him in some hands, you’ll win more

G

goOgaaA9

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Idiots

It's the best thing when agresive player with 72 wins and you have AA in your hand......

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
adjust your range against them, it's the best way to play against, they try to play worthless hands, so have value when you play against! avoid calling, and limp, play aggressively at times, but also keep in mind that he pays a lot, or hit a lot, then let him bluff your Nuts, so you would get lots of chips from them.