Jason Bralli

Jason Bralli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
a simple raise and I would fold that hand preflop, you know what happened?

I doubled my stack and made the final table, all for that hand!

Attachments

• dont limp.JPG
    dont limp.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 87
afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I had the same thing happen to me with 72! I can't remember what the other guy had but same deal, I would have folded any raise but made out with more chips than I felt I deserved - not complaining though! Haha

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Everything is relative. Never say never. There are different situations, and even if you are lucky you should not look for patterns in this.
Good luck.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello!:ciao:
Well, it happens. Given the presence of a draw combination, I would raise at least until the turn. Of course, there are much fewer chances on the river, but you were lucky, and your straight fell on the turn.:cool:

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I knew it! All of your equities and your implied and reverse odds and useless math. I knew. 72 off is the best hand! By far, or from afar. Interesting.

I once got to a final table and won some huge pots with 92 off and J4 off after losing several pots with AQ, AK and some other premium hands. I only played them because I was quite angry about losing every premium hand before that. So, tilt can also be productive sometimes, just like 72o and "deuces never loses" attitude. However, in the long run, the gods of poker do make justice, ask Gus Hansen.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Judging poker by playing when you've been lucky with hands you don't normally play is not a guide to good poker. Everyone has good luck and bad luck but relying solely on your luck won't work in the long run. I think everyone who has played poker for a long time has had similar situations and it's nice when you win, but you should try not to be guided by such lucky strikes. So never say never, circumstances are always changing and you should try to adapt to the circumstances. But congratulations that it worked this time and wish you continued success at the tables

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
opposite usually happens to me. someone raises preflop, I fold and then flop a 2 pair 72

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Often this could be true, but on the other hand it can also often be advantageous to not represent the strongest hand pre-flop.

All in all, I think variation is the key to success here in order to be overall not readable for you're opponents.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Bad advice I don't agree with it!!! There are a lot of different players and situations in poker and sometimes it's worth being aggressive and sometimes not !!!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Limping is when you call the big blind preflop.Please,for your own good,never be the first to limp.There are two main reasons why it is wrong to limp first.First, the chances of winning the pot before the flop are less than the chances of winning the pot if you raised.Secondly,you give the players behind you a very tempting pot.The best time to limp is when at least one other player is limping.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Often this could be true, but on the other hand it can also often be advantageous to not represent the strongest hand pre-flop.

All in all, I think variation is the key to success here in order to be overall not readable for you're opponents.

... *Sometimes...

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
You are considering one specific case that essentially proves nothing. I think each player determines for himself which game brings him money, so in this context the main thing is the result.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi.
You are considering one specific case that essentially proves nothing. I think each player determines for himself which game brings him money, so in this context the main thing is the result.

Yes for you it works to limp JJ :D <3
GL to keep it working for long time.
Highly doubtful though.
Lana DeL iMper xoxxoxoxo.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Nice Hand! But there are certain situations where limping makes sense and could lead to a big hand.

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once you limp, u lost the advange of being the agressor. Every time u bet, u got a chance of your opponent folding, if u never raise unless u have a very strong hand, it'll be very easy to beat u.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m sure we all have our 72 stories. There are definitely times and places to limp. Calling big bets on the turn or river when only one card is needed for villain to have the nuts is a better thing to “never” do.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I absolutely do not agree with you. There are no categorical statements in poker.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never limp?

Disagree. Short example; Folded around to your AA sb. Your're gonna raise the bb and have them fold? Yes they could flop better, odds are they won't. I want rewarded for my AA and let bb take the lead because they hold A9, figuring they have the best hand. Easy chips

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is one of the strategies of the game as you can do without it, sometimes it's better to go see which cards will open by paying not expensive

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i disagree . there are many situation where limping is good

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Had something similar happen to me. Once I doubled up the guy berated me for my bad play in playing the hand. LOL Like I am going for fold to a limp and I am in the BB

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
yep. I bet he wishes he could play that hamd over again. A pair of 6's deserved a minimum raise after the flop. But he was probably just trying to make ITM or final table and was conserving their chips. And the individual was a small blind, so almost forced into the hand, like how many rebels fold with an Ace. Big reason , they should have raised preflop.

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
one thing is one thing, you have luck, but perhaps it could be reverse, like if the villain hit a higher straight.

You would be eliminated