katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You can limp in some cases, but I would fold that hand in the beginning. Folding is a neutral action, it doesn't say much about your game. Limping is passive and should mostly be avoided. In some cases when your cards are too shitty but your whole table limps, might as well limp too so you can go to the next street cheaply. However, aggressive play is definitely the best strategy when you use it wisely.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go and tell that to the sect of Limpers, you can find them right next to the sect of Flat Earthers.

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You'll never win a pot with a losing hand by checking/limping. Every time u atack the opponent, u have a chance of making him fold.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes for you it works to limp JJ :D <3
GL to keep it working for long time.
Highly doubtful though.
Lana DeL iMper xoxxoxoxo.

Better take care of your results, and don't worry about mine, because they don't concern you.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a simple raise and I would fold that hand preflop, you know what happened?

I doubled my stack and made the final table, all for that hand!
I see you got a few negative, but I understand what you're saying. Some people are taking it way too literal but I agree 99% of the time Olympian is not a good idea. I can remember more often than not losing with a good hand because I limped in and a similar situation.
You'll never win a pot with a losing hand by checking/limping. Every time u atack the opponent, u have a chance of making him fold.
the only place I disagree with you here is being aggressive yes is a way to win but often a lot of people make a foolish bet when their actions up to the point have all said they don't have a good hand. Sometimes it's better to just say hey I lost this one rather than to lose more chips. I believe it was Daniel negreanu that I learned this from does the BET make sense?