AA on UTG

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you go all-in, you have more chances to win the hand. Because fewer inrocs will come into play. There is a chance of losing the entire stack at once, but if you enter with a raise, more players will enter the game as you can determine what the opponent has. Maybe the entered straight or set has already hit the flop or will be making a combination. Here at the last table, I will definitely come with a raise so as not to risk the whole stack.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Situations are different, I think that this is not a 100% answer, but usually this is my standard 2.2bb raise !!!

Precisely, it makes sense to pick a raise size and generally stick with it. We don't want to become exploitable by raising different sizing based on hand strength. My open raise size is usually determined by effective stack and game speed. For the cardschat League games and freerolls online, I typically (as many in this thread already know) open raise 2.5x (bbs).

I may alter occasionally (not for hand strength though) for other factors like size of other stacks or things like that.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
1: 2.5xBB
2: 2.5xBB
3: 2.5xBB
4: 3.5xBB
5: Depends on the big stack's position as to whether I raise or shove

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's 1,3.5.
This is a scene where a player with a speculative hand hesitates to call all-in.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sucker them in..

Getting AA UTG, in most cases, you want to make the bet that will lure your opponent in, then pounce, and shove all in. If opponent is super tight, make min bet, or small continuation. Make opponent feel they are trapping you, instead of you trapping them.

D

DaHawk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Being consistent in your bring in is most important in the long run.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without more information, I think I would do something like this:

1) In the beginning of tournament - 5BB raise

2) In the middle - 2.2BB raise

3) On the bubble - 1BB raise

4) ITM - 1BB raise

5) Final table - 1BB raise, limp, or shove

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without more information, I think I would do something like this:

1) In the beginning of tournament - 5BB raise

2) In the middle - 2.2BB raise

3) On the bubble - 1BB raise

4) ITM - 1BB raise

5) Final table - 1BB raise, limp, or shove
What is 1BB raise? May be this is limp?

T

The Long Shot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the bubble - 1BB raise

Isn't this when you'd want to protect your hand the most? Some chump flops two pair and you're not gonna fold, you're gonna bust.

If I heard a bad beat story about someone getting bubbled holding aces, and it started with 'I min-raised', I'd be thinking...'Well, there ya go'.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Isn't this when you'd want to protect your hand the most? Some chump flops two pair and you're not gonna fold, you're gonna bust.

If I heard a bad beat story about someone getting bubbled holding aces, and it started with 'I min-raised', I'd be thinking...'Well, there ya go'.

The other players should be risk averse as well, and I dont want to waste shoving my aces to pick up the blinds, with less than 20BB effective which is what I was assuming. At a stack depth of 20BBs effective I do not expect a lot of cold calling.

If the effective stack sizes were something like a 100BBs then I am not min raising them.

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on whether there are players played before me. If there are players who played before me, my minimum bet is 3.5, and if there are no 2.2 - 2.5

T

The Long Shot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The other players should be risk averse as well, and I dont want to waste shoving my aces to pick up the blinds, with less than 20BB effective which is what I was assuming. At a stack depth of 20BBs effective I do not expect a lot of cold calling.

If the effective stack sizes were something like a 100BBs then I am not min raising them.

There are other options between min-raising and shoving.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

There are other options between min-raising and shoving.

You could do 2.2215 BBs if you want, but I do not think it will get much more fold equity.

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always raise with AA, 2.5 to 3x, depending on the table's actions we go all-in.

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1) In the beginning of tournament - all in bc. its a new table ppl might call

2) In the middle - std raise if its a tight table n proceed cautiously based on the comunity cards & whos involved. all in if its a wild table or if we think someone might call

3) On the bubble - all in bc. its bubble time

4) ITM - all in bc. usually we all pretty much have a 10 - 15bb stack sizes

5) Final table - really depend on stack sizes of others compared to ours, jam it in if we have little differences or we are on the small side & std raise if we have the big stack

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Better to throw all-in anyway. It always helps to keep fish out of the game.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
1. Bet
2. Bet
3. Bet
4. Bet
5. Bet

Limping is out of the question ,only for KK UTG this might have results

Generally the bet would be x3BB ,but if very deep or very loose or deep stacks follow after me I might bet more , better no calls than have many calls and lose

I hate AA UTG in tourneys/sngs , but I love it in cash games

rabman50

rabman50

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to play AA UTG is very dependent on your stack size, your opponents stack size, and the player pool. There is no one size fits all answer to this question. In general I will open raise 3BB early in a tournament when everyone has 100BB+ with my entire opening range. As stack sizes start to shrink I will open raise less and eventually at >40BB will open for a min-raise. Other factors can come into play which can change my opening strategy.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No need to create unnecessary problems for yourself) raised aces - everyone folded - well, okay, more will come. If you limp, there is a chance that a couple of fish with all sorts of pockets and connectors will also limp into the pot, and then you will suffer with aces on the flop.