AA on UTG

D

DollarDonJon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play the table more than you play the cards. Watch the chip counts but I usually play 2.5 X BB making it a decision for anybody to call after you. But be careful at the beginning of a tourney people go all-in and will luck out on you. The game is to never put your life at stake unless you got the nuts. You don't have the best hand but yours has to beat the guy your playing. American Airlines (AA) comes 1/212 hands on average. SO how many hands can you win if you look at 212??

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The average stack is then 2.5 bb. Only on the dough call

Pripri1986

Pripri1986

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What interesting replies! I have been stung only once with a AA.

On blind i raised half my pot which was then called.
On the flop KK appeared and as soon as my opponent raised i knew he had a K to make it three of a kind! Got to the river and nothing appeared for me apart from two pairs which i lost out on. All in all the time doesnt cut it all times. On your situation i guess.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You cannot check and call with such cards in hand. Only 5 bets. Regardless of the position and stage of the tournament.

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No need to create unnecessary problems for yourself) raised aces - everyone folded - well, okay, more will come. If you limp, there is a chance that a couple of fish with all sorts of pockets and connectors will also limp into the pot, and then you will suffer with aces on the flop.

Yep, sometimes trapping with Aces, we can be trapped ourselves. And most times that's difficult to fold Aces. Don't you think?

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
To play a decent poker and to build the pot, you have to raise with AA whatever the position at the table and the phase of the tournament.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My game changes in every situation and this is influenced by the quality of the table, the ability of the opponents.

I have to raise between 2-4.5 BBs, but I tend to limp with him a lot from a particularly early position on a more aggressive table.

cindymagaly

cindymagaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are in a tournament where you are close to a bubble, try not to pass and bet big but do not go all-in against a big blind that triples your chips, be careful if you are playing online because those cards that give you mostly lose with double pair or some project completed, it has already happened to me several times for that or I fold them and hope that the bubble arrives or I go all-in if I am close to the big blind and it has less chips than me.

S

Stollpe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would always min raise to keep worse hands on the hand.
If notice someone calling with any 2 then maybe a bit higher since they will call anyways.

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on the stage of the tournament, the most offensive thing is when you raise AA or re-raise and they fold to you, often if I give an alyn to raise, and if this is a late stage then I can limp aces

A

airvikki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA seems to be a strong hand, but it often loses to other seemingly less powerful hands. Once I limped with them so as not to scare off the opponent, but later on I don’t do that, it’s better to make a good bet than the opponent will come in with some garbage and win. Although today АА lost against К3)

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) Min raise.

2) Min raise.

3) Min raise.

4) Min raise.

5) Min raise.