AA in hand, the strongest cards before flop?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If I have pocket AA, against someone who just lost a hand, I should be way ahead, because many times they are in a moment of tilt, and they will go big with a wider range then normal.
Have you ever considered that not all lost hands are the same? Look for hands that are rare - like a higher flush losing against a lower flush, full house versus higher full house and quads, things like that first.. then work your way down until you find which hands qualify. That's all I can tell you. Watch your AA after you win with or fold a hand that would have won the board immediately prior.

I know the argument about tilt. I agree with it. However, I am talking about something that seems to be unique to online play. I do not know why it is there, but it is definitely there. Just look closely.

T

timz10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA

IN REG HOLDEM is best hand has close to 80%win rate and when u go against AK prob 95%as i when all in today and enjoyed dubuling up but is still always a risk love varance:hahaha::eek:

FernA9ndo

FernA9ndo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can answer the question. AA is the best hand and you will lose too, the same thing when you will win when you are behind preflop in all-in equity. It needs remembering this, you need to remember when you lose because you can also review after tournaments ended to have solutions and if you could have played the hand different of what you just did.

T

Tommyc9494

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s just plain old bad luck it happens from time to time I remember once seeing the chip leader in a mtt go bust after being dealt picket AA in 3 consecutive hands

E

Enthusiast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To the flop, this is the best hand that can only be, but with the advent of cards on the flop and subsequent streets, the situation can change dramatically, and so the hand is good but it should not be overestimated.

A

anderson697

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA pre floop is the tighter hand but the post floop can be much weaker and playing this hand stems from experienced players. and bad luck, you can not talk here :)

If you are absolutely right, I think that in online poker, you have to be very careful to play this pair.

A

anderson697

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My personal favourite hand is KK. In most cases I usually win with them.
But you have to see the flop before making big raises, cause you never know how they will destroy you with a 2-2 hand and with a 3rd 2 on then flop. ( Like i got knocked out last time from a CC freeroll)
If it is correct, I have seen that when you have a pair there are usually two or three paras in the hands of your opponents, and that is what makes it dangerous to play your pair.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I start questioning the AA pair, because today I have three consecutive tournaments where I lose with this hand, will it be bad luck? What do you think???

If you are not going to post the hand, why ask this question? You should be 80% to win HU. 60% 3 handed, 40% with 4 in the hand.

You want some real advice, post the hands. At least you would be able to maybe correct something. If not, you can always fold it.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think ak is the strongest hand, you can make a lot of great combinations

J

java_sql

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think any hand can be the winning hand but starting with AA always nice haha. I seem to think it holds up a lot so I like to play it vs all in :)

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How did you play in those hands ? Carefully or tight agressive ? If you're online you can't let lots of villains see the flop, do a significant raise. Live you can play them slowly, but online guys with 10 and 8 will pay (if it's cheap) to see the flop.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In normal poker, AA is the best hand when heads up against someone. If there are more than 2 other players in the pot with your AA, you have about 50/50 of winning. Now, this may be controversial, but I would ask that for your online experience that you take a look at the hand immediately prior to your AA hand. See if you would have won that hand against the other players - if you would have won the previous hand (or if you did win), especially with some sort of unlikely draw (running flush, straight, etc.) - then your AA is scheduled to get cracked. If you check and the previous hand would have been a loss for you, especially if it would have been second best to the winning hand, then your AA will likely be good for you.

Also, check to see if you are facing a villain who just lost a significant amount of their stack in the last hand. You are more likely to lose against this villain with your AA as opposed to a villain who just won.

Try this and let me know what you find.

All right, you have many years of experience in poker.
Also, remember that any hand has a chance to win the AA hand preflop, especially postflop. You also have this chance, find the points of the game against the over pair and reduce the losing variance options.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guys if you just look at your hands instead of bad mouthing my posts, you will get your answers. I see this happen every day and I am amazed that anyone wouldn't do something as simple as checking their hand histories. It's not a big effort. If you don't see what I see, then all you expended were a few minutes of your time to check.

To be honest it is a complete waste of effort. For you to stay with this concept of patterns throughout this thread is ludicrous. Since you are so into to hand history, can you run how many times you had AA, HU with the percentage of hands won? Run a query and please post the very high percentage of 99% win rate with this ground breaking, got a book deal in the works and hot tip for the poor ignorant forum players who have no clue of my widsom. Prove everyone wrong with the same way you are winning.

I over play my AA in freerolls just to see when it gets cracked. The difference for me is that I make notes and learn when I get cracked instead of complaining about it. So take a hint and study your hand histories.

Again, use the same history that you are crushing it, to prove you're point.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
To be honest it is a complete waste of effort. For you to stay with this concept of patterns throughout this thread is ludicrous. Since you are so into to hand history, can you run how many times you had AA, HU with the percentage of hands won? Run a query and please post the very high percentage of 99% win rate with this ground breaking, got a book deal in the works and hot tip for the poor ignorant forum players who have no clue of my widsom. Prove everyone wrong with the same way you are winning.

Again, use the same history that you are crushing it, to prove you're point.
I never said I am crushing. To the contrary, I am saying to look at hand history to find patterns in the hands leading up to the cracked AA. I know any hand can beat AA, but it is a funny coincidence at how often I see the same pattern repeating right before my AA get cracked and it's usually by hands that should not even be calling my raises. No, they jam over the top, usually with garbage, and hit their miracle draws. I don't need to prove anything to anyone and I couldn't even if I wanted to. I just want to save some stacks and buy-ins for players who are getting sucked out by predators that know how to exploit faulty RNGs.

I don't know how to run a query that would isolate these exact instances from HH and count them against all others. It is beyond my technical expertise. However, if you are easily able to do this or know someone that can, then I would love to learn. How do you use a query to sift through HH and define suckouts that follow specific patterns? Maybe start with AA cracked immediately after winning a hand or folding a hand that would have been the winning hand on the previous board. I have no idea how to do that.

pdcactus1

pdcactus1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just the random flow

I start questioning the AA pair, because today I have three consecutive tournaments where I lose with this hand, will it be bad luck? What do you think???

I went a full year losing with pocket King's. No matter what or how it happened continuously for a YEAR. Did not matter if it was online or brick and mortar. Once in a brick mortar tournament, I lost with them BACK to BACK hands pocket K's both in a row. Well, it finally broke the spell and it finally turned. But I was to the point Thinking I'll just fold K's pre. But still haven't done that either. lol, It's just chance bud.

:fight::pcguru::thumpdown​

F

Father Pat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA prelop vs Opponents range

Hello anderson697,

Losing a hand like AA in tournament poker could have been causes by multiple scenarios. It depends how many people are playing in the pot with you, your position at the table, and the price these players payed to see the turn. A hand like AA only wants to get heads up, or at most two to three others in the pot as to not allow suited connected hands, broadways and other cards that could connect with the board beat you. Maybe take a look into how you priced others in, if you raised to isolate a few players into the pot, or if you just limped in and tried to trap. Just because its the best hand preflop, doesnt mean it will be the best on the flop!

Hope this helped:)

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
aa strong hand

well... you just lost 3 times in a day.....
how about if you win 3000 times next years ?... if you know what i mean.
aa is the strongest hand before flop...but there is not unbeetable,

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How about you lost $3000 for playing AA three times and then wan $20 worth of blinds total with 3000 AA after that? How would that make you feel?

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's still the best hand. Its just sucks to lose with them because that's the one hand that you sit around waiting to pick up.

Destruct51

Destruct51

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well Yes

Of course its the best starting hand. But its value is definitely determined by the flop. The value of any hand before the flop is minimal. That's why u should never risk your stack uless you feel the need to. The tourney is long and you have many chances. Best out there!!:D

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, AA's are strong hand preflop, but not bullet proof once the flop comes out.

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow playing AA will get you in big trouble most of the times i've been in it and many players have ben in it too. In poker variance and luck has many to play into.

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the key to playing AA is to get yourself isolated against one player . It's tempting to let more players in the hand for a bigger pot , but your odds of winning , even with AA , drop drastically the more players in the hand .

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, how are you, would have to analyze how you played the pair of AA and what positions, if you could tell us how were the hands you've played. I know what you feel now, but I just happened to me too many times before, during and after the bubble. Also keep in mind the varienza hand. I hope we can count as were the hands and analyze them. regards

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands