AA in hand, the strongest cards before flop?

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA obviously is best hand in preflop, but if there is someone call and the flop is dangerous, you just have two options, play strongly and force opponents out, otherwise you should be worry and maybe have to fold if they bet or reraise.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I start questioning the AA pair, because today I have three consecutive tournaments where I lose with this hand, will it be bad luck? What do you think???
Yes, AA, this is considered a strong hand preflop, well, maybe you just have no luck with such hands, I play such hands very well in the cash game, and in tournaments there are times that I also do not play such cards, but most of all in the game I have such excellent AA cards, try to play aggressively preflop on such cards!

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What you guys fail to consider is that you can lose a lot of money with cracked AA (let's say 14 times for major pots or buy-ins) and win the blinds and some change with AA (let's say 3 times for entire buy-ins and 83 times everyone folds and you get blinds or spare change). You will be statistically "winning" with AA in the long run this way (over thousands and thousands of hands), but you will be losing money. It's all about context as to when you win and lose with AA. If your losses are the biggest and your wins aren't comparable, there's something wrong.

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I lose with them more than I win

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure, if what I suggested is truly nonsense and not practical or helpful, the OP will realize that fairly quickly.
Why would you even give them nonsense to begin with? What's the point of having them waste their time?

Of course, it is totally up to OP. And if OP read what you wrote and thought that it makes any sense, then OP needs a bit more help in their game.

X

xx02pl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I start questioning the AA pair, because today I have three consecutive tournaments where I lose with this hand, will it be bad luck? What do you think???
Its just variance. But sometimes you should fold aa postflop. For example, flop came TJQ hearts, and you have black aces ;)

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pocket aces are a great card. You want to take this pair won 100% all the time? But it's impossible. I suggest you make your own statistics on this pair. Record every time you played with AA.

Aristodemus_

Aristodemus_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They don't mean you will win but only that you're in the best possible position at the time. You shouldn't lose too often 1v1 so if you lost three times on the trot that is very unlikely.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A pair of AA must be played correctly, usually I play ALL in not to lose it, but sometimes luck turns away from you and you lose.:)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In normal poker, AA is the best hand when heads up against someone. If there are more than 2 other players in the pot with your AA, you have about 50/50 of winning. Now, this may be controversial, but I would ask that for your online experience that you take a look at the hand immediately prior to your AA hand. See if you would have won that hand against the other players - if you would have won the previous hand (or if you did win), especially with some sort of unlikely draw (running flush, straight, etc.) - then your AA is scheduled to get cracked. If you check and the previous hand would have been a loss for you, especially if it would have been second best to the winning hand, then your AA will likely be good for you.

Also, check to see if you are facing a villain who just lost a significant amount of their stack in the last hand. You are more likely to lose against this villain with your AA as opposed to a villain who just won.

Try this and let me know what you find.

This ^ is complete crap. Do not waste a single minute believing any of it. (this sh1t shouldn't even be on this forum.... it pollutes it with garbage)

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From playing online poker for over 15 years my favorite hand has become 3 5, and suited is preferred. I have also grown to love the 3 5 in live poker and they cry real tears when I bust their AA. I have done it many times and I don't think it's luck for if I didn't have bad luck I would have none at all. AA is just a pair, so even playing 2 7 there is always a chance for 2 pair. I hate AA and fold it often.:D:D

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

I think you are a beginner player and have much to learn about this game.
It's up to you to sift through the responses here & decide which ones are from players who know a bit about what they're talking about & other's... well... you figure it out.

Honestly your initial post here shouldn't even be a post.... or a question. AA is 80/20 favorite (at the very least) over any other hand preflop. Other hands will win that 20% of the time though.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I have had bad luck with AA several times however you just have to shrug your shoulders because AA is a hand you would put your chips in 100% of the time.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Guys if you just look at your hands instead of bad mouthing my posts, you will get your answers. I see this happen every day and I am amazed that anyone wouldn't do something as simple as checking their hand histories. It's not a big effort. If you don't see what I see, then all you expended were a few minutes of your time to check.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost dread getting AA. It seems to get beat more than it wins. Especially in Free Roll tournaments. Good Luck

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Why would you even give them nonsense to begin with? What's the point of having them waste their time?

Of course, it is totally up to OP. And if OP read what you wrote and thought that it makes any sense, then OP needs a bit more help in their game.
I don't think it is nonsense. I see patterns and I apply them in my online play. I see the same patterns knocking players out of our freerolls. Just today in the PS FR, I split a pot with another player with a straight. He got busted the next hand over playing his juicy pair. Not AA, but it works the same way almost every time.

I would never play this way live. Only online.

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course,if you take the ideal conditions - all-in,one opponent,AA is the best thing that can happen to the player! But as I said it's all bullshit - just played spin & go all-in I stack more against me German - my AA his 88 and he collects four of a kind! Bitches on pokerstars-there are no chances,then wins the one who has to,who is pleasing to the barges from PokerStars! So shove your AA far away!The reality in the poker room is just a disappointment!And this kind of shit discourages any desire to play!!!

D

don1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
people always over play AA every time.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I over play my AA in freerolls just to see when it gets cracked. The difference for me is that I make notes and learn when I get cracked instead of complaining about it. So take a hint and study your hand histories.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was told there are only two rules in poker
1. Never fold AA pre-flop
2. Never fold a Royal Flush

AA is the best starting hand ... yes... but funny i sure i have lost more money when I had AA than i won
seems i win small hands and lose huge ones...
likely just me and my inexperience

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

We could say that variance got you (call it bad luck if you will), but in all honesty, people often lose with AA in situations where a fold is the right thing to do. Let's say its a board with four cards of the same suit, and you don't have that A, or say it some very draw heavy board, and on the river both some SD and FD could get there, but you still call when opponent shoves etc.
It would be best if you could give us a hand history (preferably for all three losing hands), so everyone can speak their mind and give some reasonable advice and share thought! :)

In normal poker, AA is the best hand when heads up against someone. If there are more than 2 other players in the pot with your AA, you have about 50/50 of winning. Now, this may be controversial, but I would ask that for your online experience that you take a look at the hand immediately prior to your AA hand. See if you would have won that hand against the other players - if you would have won the previous hand (or if you did win), especially with some sort of unlikely draw (running flush, straight, etc.) - then your AA is scheduled to get cracked. If you check and the previous hand would have been a loss for you, especially if it would have been second best to the winning hand, then your AA will likely be good for you.

Also, check to see if you are facing a villain who just lost a significant amount of their stack in the last hand. You are more likely to lose against this villain with your AA as opposed to a villain who just won.

Try this and let me know what you find.

With what I said earlier, this post is not a REASONABLE advice, and it sounds like you should always fold your AA pre flop, because, HEY some guy just before had J5o and hit 2 pair and he would crack my aces... Honestly, very bad post.
There is no such thing as "my hand is SCHEDULED to get cracked", and you shouldn't even think that way.
If anyone, for a second, thought this post is good and the advice solid, they should reconsider playing poker in all seriousness..

I wish you both best of luck at the tables, but do not rely on it. Instead, learn to make good, quality decision, learn some basic poker strategies and later expand them into your game style, and definitely don't think whether some luckbox won or not 15 hands ago, which would mean that you are destined to lose the next hand.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have pocket AA, against someone who just lost a hand, I should be way ahead, because many times they are in a moment of tilt, and they will go big with a wider range then normal.

keontayB

keontayB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My personal favourite hand is KK. In most cases I usually win with them.
But you have to see the flop before making big raises, cause you never know how they will destroy you with a 2-2 hand and with a 3rd 2 on then flop. ( Like i got knocked out last time from a CC freeroll)

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's not a matter of J5o hitting two pair. It depends on what the J5o hit two pair against and whether there was a better hand than J5o at the table which had folded pre-flop. It is not as simple as you think and based on your oversimplification, you are dismissing my post. But that's okay to me. I am just posting for a large number of readers who are actually looking for answers and I am convinced that there are answers out there when variance turns out to have predictable properties.

I do not fold AA pre always. But I know something is up when I see the same pattern repeating to bust my AA, so I will fold AA sometimes. Again, this only applies to online poker (888 and PS.. maybe other sites are different). Do not play the way I suggest live.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands