Your Poker Origin Story

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
10 years ago I started playing poker, I saw an ad on TV, and download pokerstars and started playing with play money, and league called Latin American league, then win my first cents.
Then earn 10 cents a tournament of 360 players, not as I did, because at that time I did not know much about poker, just playing for fun, but sometimes luck is on your side.
After that I started playing and then sits sits 025 1 2 dollars.
Stop playing about two years, and back in 2018, a friend told me about Cardschat, and here I am playing freerolls, I've been trying to earn a few dollars.

gl all.:D

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing poker for 3 years for me this is excitement and an intellectual game. I have won and lost here, but I like this game and brings me pleasure.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I started playing poker on social networks where I played on conditional chips for about 8 years just because I liked this game !!! then by chance I saw an ad PokerStars registered with this, my poker career for real money began !!!!

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started in poker because in the house of my grandmother my father and his brothers and uncles used to play, I was young but from that moment I am interested in the game, then later I started playing with friends in college

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a kid, we would sometimes play draw poker for fun or I would screw around on the video poker machines at the arcades. It wasn't until I joined my current company in 2005 that I began to learn (and love) NLHE. My company, a trading company, uses poker and other games to teach decision making to traders. They also have an annual poker tournament with a top prize of $15K. All employees are elligible to play. So, I started playing cash games after work with a group of friends. They helped teach me and recommend books like David Sklansky's books. I also met my wife from these poker games. Ever since I started, I've been very passionate about playing and studying poker. I even managed to win 2nd place in the 2016 tournament for $5K.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sorry I didn't understand.
There was a guy name Lonnie who got all of my pool shooting buddies to play poker. Lonnie best everybody on a regular basis. For three months my friends had been bugging me to come play and I told them " That I didnt know how to play". One night I was at the bar with my cousin and Lonnie was there and asked him to play poker in which he decided to do. I was driving. I didn't want to sit and watch people play poker all night. So I played. I had played just about every other card game under the sun and understood odds extremely well. I dropped over $100 in the first hour, but by the end od the night I had come out I think $550 ahead. I took a lot of Lonnies cash. The next night at the pool hall everybody had heard that the guy, me, who didn't know how to play poker had taken the big dog down in my first try. Second night I ever played 6 people at a table poker and had broken 4 out of the 5 players within an hour. Beginers luck!!! Needless to say I was hooked on poker afterwards.

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched some show and 1 guy sad that he is a proffesional poker player and earn a lot of money during playing this game.I watched all training videos on pokerstars and made my first deposit to the pokestars.

M

Mustafajones

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing poker with friends many moons ago just for fun and shots. Then every once in awhile we would find ourselves in these bar tourneys and do well so the bug started there.

When I first saw wsop on tv is when it really hit me and I have been a fan of this game ever since.

Ropa

Ropa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, my parents played cards when i was really young (not poker tho). So after i turned like 18 i started playing on my brothers poker accounts. Freerolls and play money to practice, it got me excited so afetr i turned 21 i created my own poker account and since that ive been playing poker on-off like 10 years now.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Being born and raised in Texas it was just a part of life. As a child I would see the poker-chip-carousal at all of my relatives' homes. They never let me see them play but my cousin and I would be the one's to get the beverages and snacks during these "get-togethers". We didn't know sh!t from Shinola but we played "our" game of poker until I played in a game w/one of my teachers from daycare. We used checkers for chips, lol. That's when I found out about the different hands and what hand beats what.
I used to play dominoes w/my grandfather. One day I asked him if he wanted to play poker and he looked at me like I took some of his chewing tobacco and spit in his eye. I think I was 10 or 11 at the time. He explained that it was an adult game and all that jazz. Ten years later I went to jail and played in a nightly game of 5 card draw using Scrabble tiles for chips; a nickel a tile or 20 tiles for a $1. Hey, you gotta start somewhere, right? :dontknow:

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
he was already 10 years old of that, I was hanging out with friends. During a party a little alcoholic all my friends began to play poker. Once my friend took the time to explain the basics to me. joined them and I started to make big profits from the beginning.

I had never heard of this game. This is understandable when you are in Africa but over time it became a vital need for me to play poker and get this daily adrenaline rush.

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being born and raised in Texas it was just a part of life. As a child I would see the poker-chip-carousal at all of my relatives' homes. They never let me see them play but my cousin and I would be the one's to get the beverages and snacks during these "get-togethers". We didn't know sh!t from Shinola but we played "our" game of poker until I played in a game w/one of my teachers from daycare. We used checkers for chips, lol. That's when I found out about the different hands and what hand beats what.
I used to play dominoes w/my grandfather. One day I asked him if he wanted to play poker and he looked at me like I took some of his chewing tobacco and spit in his eye. I think I was 10 or 11 at the time. He explained that it was an adult game and all that jazz. Ten years later I went to jail and played in a nightly game of 5 card draw using Scrabble tiles for chips; a nickel a tile or 20 tiles for a $1. Hey, you gotta start somewhere, right? :dontknow:

Very interesting!