Is your game worse or better after taking a break?

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's always evolving, I think the only thing that would cost you is to adapt as soon as possible, but having a strong study base, it shouldn't be a problem how long you haven't played.

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Eh not so much for me,for example im playing today for the first time in about a month or so,and my play has gotten worse.But on the other side of things,if you play like really actively over 5 6 times a week,then I think definently a break of about 3 to 4 days would be very crucial,just to relax your mind off of poker for a bit.

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hi, friend!
In fact, after a break, on the contrary, I return with renewed vigor and with clear thoughts)

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do experience more anxiety after a break. Also the thought process is not very clear.

It takes some time to get back in form.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't play for a while and I came back playing even better, could it be that it was fatigue that made my poker not flow so well?
everything in excess becomes uninteresting

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't play for a while and I came back playing even better, could it be that it was fatigue that made my poker not flow so well?
For me, a short break is refreshing but too long a break and I get rusty.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
strainge ..if I come back from let say a couple of days my poker game is better then before the break :) , it all more clear and I make the corect decisions :)

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes of course.

The answer is all based on mindset. Breaks can be very constructive if used properly. Breaks can also be harmful if you lose sight of how the game has changed while you were away. ;)

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing for awhile after long continued grind makes me play better as study about my play on the side.

But away from poker too long make me very rusty.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that if you don't play for a long time, you are out of date, if you don't follow any content regarding poker

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
As long as you have clear ideas, I don't think anything will change.

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that in poker you need to pause, think about what you did wrong, and then go into battle with renewed vigor, as for me, there is a big desire to play and win

Mihail Grinvich

Mihail Grinvich

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Undoubtedly a small pause will improve the quality of the game in the future Recently, in my country, the game break is between 4 and 10 hours every day due to a power outage. Thanks to the shelling of Russia.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Indeed, you should definitely take breaks in the game. When you play after a break, you are more focused and try to show good results.
I think breaks in this case do not play an important role. The setting up to win for each individual game is decisive. Of course, if the break is too long, you can lose your playing skills. It is always necessary to maintain the tone of the game.

Gotmog1

Gotmog1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would say that the break improves my poker game. I calm down and play more reassured

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on how good you were hitting before you stopped playing and how long you took a break. By default, you can't play better after a break without training and coaches ok, because the game is constantly evolving and so are the players.

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Sometimes a good rest is good for keeping a fresh mind and making better poker decisions

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes! when I take a short break I play more sound, more clear headed and everything, also if I take a break from poker for like a month or so, I dont lose all what I learned but it feels like I am catching up.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is important to stay sharp but small breaks probably do help refresh the mind.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sue it could. But you should remember, that poker skill is a perishable skill. If you take a really long break you will need some time to get back to normal level.

Last edited:
W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so it is, fatigue from the game accumulates, but it is not always possible to notice or feel it

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that the break helps to calm down if the game does not go very well and when the game goes very well, on the contrary, it is not worth taking a break so as not to lose the pace, but that is only my opinion

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The main argument against returning to poker is the increasingly difficult field. And the returning player is still behind him. But for a person who once played poker, it will not be difficult to regain their former skills. The road will be mastered by the walking one, so if you are ready to fight for your own money, the strengthened field will be an obstacle for you that you can overcome. After returning, I began to play better, but not immediately, after 5-6 months.

Pabloro10321

Pabloro10321

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Estuve un tiempo sin jugar y volví a jugar aún mejor, ¿será que fue el cansancio lo que hizo que mi póquer no fluyera tan bien?
Taking a break is always a good option, but sometimes when you return you have to let a few hands pass, since you have been acting based on your rivals and they also change their way of seeing the game.

Top 10 Games