Is your game worse or better after taking a break?

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually also play better after a break of poker, I think it's because we come back more focused on the game. For me a break is always useful, because sometimes we play for many hours everyday and after a few weeks this can be exhausting.

F

FrizzaoR

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it depends on the time you stay without playing I think…

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I’d say having breaks is a good thing to do so it doesn’t become a grind and no fun

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I didn't play for a while and I came back playing even better, could it be that it was fatigue that made my poker not flow so well?
Personally, I always benefit from rest and a break. After a break and rest, I always play better and have better results.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I think it's the same with everything, a change is as good as a rest!

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you do not play poker for a long time that will make you have a disadvantage against your rivals, you should dedicate that time to study hard, the key is to always be prepared for any time you can play a session.

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can go two opposite ways, I have a hard time to stay focused, so when I come back after a while without playing, I find it harder to addapt my focus

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
sometimes you need to take a break and you'll play better, get your excitement back to playing and winning, I think sometimes you need to take breaks to come back with renewed vigor:)

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think I'll spend a year.
Maybe I'll get better too.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think a short break is good. But if the break is more than a year, the game may deteriorate.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think not playing for awhile makes you have a clearer thought on how to play.

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on how long you haven't played. If you don't play for 1-2 years, you'll have to regain your skills, and if you don't play for 1-2 days, nothing will change.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't play for a while and I came back playing even better, could it be that it was fatigue that made my poker not flow so well?
Couple of things:
1) Yes, it was and you just needed a break
2) Maybe sometimes when you run bad taking a break things go in your favor when you come back.

Just how I see it for myself. Though I haven't been able to go more than 48 hours without playing in quite a few years

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you work like this, good you recognized it and now you can use it.
For me, it doesn't matter, less time with poker just means less hands played, less opportunities used.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I try to take a break every week. The break helps me to regain my form, due to which I become more patient and focused. Personally, for me, two days a week are simply necessary to rest.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
if you do not play poker for a long time that will make you have a disadvantage against your rivals, you should dedicate that time to study hard, the key is to always be prepared for any time you can play a session.

Yes. I agree with this ^

For myself, I feel a difference in my game even when away from the tables for 1 week.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
I agree with many guys that a break in the game for a while gives positive results in the game. Platoom, if the game is not going, I always take breaks for a few days, despite the fact that sometimes it is difficult.:cool:

T

TheDealer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I stop playing the truth is that I calm down and play again after a while ready for new emotions, so yes it affects me but positively

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I feel I'm not comfortable or don't play well recently, I always take a couple days break. It helps me play better.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are such periods that I don't play for one or two weeks and after that it becomes more difficult to make decisions in poker, that is, the game deteriorates and it takes several days to recover.

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I didn't play for a while and I played even better again, could it be that it was fatigue that made my poker not flow so well?
tiredness or desire to win because you lost before if you play too often without resting you get used to playing automatically and not reasoning the movements you make with your cards and chives:D

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
After a break from poker, I come more excited at the table, the results are pretty much the same

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
the pause definitely has a positive effect on my game, but I don't play that often so it's hard to judge if that's really the case.

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Indeed, you should definitely take breaks in the game. When you play after a break, you are more focused and try to show good results.

Top 10 Games