Your bad beat solution

P

pokerjack43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shrug, say nice hand, rebuy and carry on playing.

Big picture is more important.

If you're breaking stuff or freaking out then you need to unwind and learn how to manage your emotions.

J

jcdagenius

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
best to take deep breaths and walk around for 5 or 10 mnutes...or just stop playing for the day....tilt can make you lose more money

G

gjpa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's all about tilt control. Read up on Jared Tendler and Tommy Angelo, both offer great material on managing your emotions and controlling tilt.

Best advice ever!. I'm trying hard against that, the river usually makes me sick sometimes, it helps fishes, and then I need stop playing because I can't keep playing rightly

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online if you are feeling tilt, its probably best to shut off the poker client and take a break for a day or so

S

sking111

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The bad beats slider seems to high for the underdog,
I think 1 card in the deck to bad beat you is just silly,these poker sites should keep it a bit fairer after all it is real money.

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have a look at f***pokerstars.com,that says alot

honestly tilt is caused by people wanting money, and the fact is money is more attractive than playing your best, it is easier to think you deserve something instead of first analyzing it, like i said for real, just better to log out and know that you aren't going to go on a tiltramapage, the fpokerstars.com site even says itself its adrenaline that will kill you, yes that can be but if you are playing your A game and not worried about making a zillion dollars and can take losing money than you will be fine, but again just turn off the client and go do something else take a break, harder said than done but i would recommend getting in a habit of doing so it will much improve your experience, and it's not rigged the quicker you realize that the faster you will get to doing your best

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I got a terrible beat last night and almost smashed my mouse :p sometimes I handle my beats well other times.... well not to much. Just curious what method do you guys use to combat your bad beats in order to continue playing stress free. No matter how much I try to not let it bother me.... sometimes its too much :O

I used to have to throw things, punch things, scream at the top of my lungs in anger....It just seems as time goes on and you get years and years of poker's typical bad beats day in and day out, you just get used to it and realize it is part of the game.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I welcome bad beats. They are result of a good strategy of maximizing your profit. You are usually ahead and get an opponent who is behind you putting all of his chips in the middle. Long run you are the winner. Anything can happen short term and I willingly accept the outcome, because I know I am the favorite.

M

murrdog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good players get the money in as an odds on favorite.the more this happens the more "bad beats" you are going to take. in reality, this is just that bad percentage coming through.

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good players get the money in as an odds on favorite.the more this happens the more "bad beats" you are going to take. in reality, this is just that bad percentage coming through.

obviously but the question is how you handle the bad beat not the fact that it happens when you are ahead

G

gjpa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

wow, ty, I never though that way before, now I know this happen to me so much because im playing good

G

gjpa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
obviously but the question is how you handle the bad beat not the fact that it happens when you are ahead

Well actually his comment, helps me a bit to take it easiest in future :/

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well actually his comment, helps me a bit to take it easiest in future :/

nice it is true what he said, bad beats really are something you should not get mad over, im young and only been playing less than a year now and the more hands and variations i play the better i take bad beats and just see them as part of the game :) get in ahead and if you lose is much better than being behind and sucking out think of it like this so even though you lost you made the better play than the other guy and hold your head up knowing you are doing the right move

zEric7x

zEric7x

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You move on to the next hand.

I notice this in freerolls :D . A player will have a bad beat and then they go on "all in tilt" for a hand. Sometimes only just one hand and then they calm down. Other times they just shove over and over.

I also agree with murrdog's post. I read something similar in the poker mind set book.

Gorak

Gorak

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Roll eyes.

Say "Come on!"

Move on to the next hand...