You think poker will change your life.

boyward

boyward

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to be based in an office but now I work almost exclusively from home. I have started playing freerolls and micro tournaments throughout the day as I work. It is just the odd click here and there but what I have found is it helps to alleviate any boredom and adds interest to my day, while hopefully developing my poker skills. I have found myself snacking less and drinking less caffeine, which is a good thing. Poker is a fun game and is a great release and source of entertainment. I wouldn't say the game has changed my life, and I go through spells where I don't play, but I do enjoy it. I like throwing the odd egg, trophy or tomato on the 888 tables too. Makes me laugh. ��

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think poker will change my life but it's a pretty good entertainment. And I have set up deposit limits on my accounts in pokerstars and ggpoker so it is quite cheap entertainment too.

G

gonzalo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it changes anything ... I play as a hobby and the thrill of being able to get money from another medium, to others like I never made deposits in any poker site I never lost money ... I always started with freerolls and from there I get balance to play tournaments

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]do you think poker will change my life, if it is to live on poker, I don't think so, if it is a hobby for sure, because I relax playing poker.[/COLOR]​
not only has it changed, but it is clear that all of us players dream of a sudden change from water to wine. But I realize that this process does not happen like that, but it is a gradual process of both good habits and good decisions. And I tell you, poker has certainly changed me a lot, made me much stronger for life, for making decisions ... things like emotional control ...:)

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not Yet

I was hoping poker would change my life but so far it has not. I’m still trying. I can’t seem to get over the hump and win consistently.

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker
Will change your life!
But
Only if you want it to .....

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]do you think poker will change my life, if it is to live on poker, I don't think so, if it is a hobby for sure, because I relax playing poker.[/COLOR]​
Poker has already changed my life. Did I win a big tournament? No. Each day I make better decision both on and off the table. Poker has taught me to embrace card variance and also LIFE variance. :)

F

FluDhs

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker already changed my life a lot. I won 3 amazing trips that were the most remarkable experiences for me and my wife. Poker i love you. :)

And also it changes the way you see everything and give you a lot of emotional intelligence which is very good.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm all in!

It taught me how to manage money, how to be patient, respect and be humble. It's also a good way for a normal person like myself that once had nothing to be able to have everything.

Last edited:
rafcio20p

rafcio20p

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think poker will affect my life. This is the entertainment part. More like poker has taught me a lot.

inox73

inox73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it changed my life right now and hopefully it is going on to change my life into positive :D

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Generally it is just ahobby , but I have seen it change the lives of many, Starting with Chris Moneymaker. Who knows? It might change mine.

Kamillo13

Kamillo13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know. I want this, but I'm learning all free time. I have I job, but I want be better and better.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think poker changed Stu Ungars life for good? Or for bad?

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Poker is a kind of escape from the same things. Also it gives the opportunity for a developing income!

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I can make it pay for itself or make enough to buy a few small things a year then I'm a happy camper.

I always said if 2NL is all I can beat then I will happily play 2NL.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

One thing I can say to this is the fact that poker has already changed my life. Some is good and some is bad. The bad parts are far into the past. Oh Well

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it's a good idea to go into Poker expecting it to change your life. Definitely don't leave Poker as your only source of income or anything, that can turn out really bad. If you do end up making a lot of money of off it, great! If not, you can enjoy the game as a hobby.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to think that poker would be a full time job, but it didn't work out for me. It is still fun to play sometimes, but I know that I don't play as much as I used to. I also play lower stakes just for fun so no risk not a big reward either. Glgl

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if you did it professionally and you could and would earn your money with it ... I would say definitely yes ... that would give you more options and life would change for you

K

kobra80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope that poker will change my life completely and I will win a lot of money to buy a house and pay a debt

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: Yes, of course, I have never lost faith ...

amorman

amorman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Я всегда надеюсь на чудо ... Жду победы в любом крупном турнире!

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Not financially.
But if it is for the social factor, the friends that poker can provide, yes.
I have good friends in poker.