Can you support yourself playing poker?

2Deep

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I personally could not support myself playing poker. There is a lot of training that I would need to do to make that happen but it will be too many years I do not have.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I personally don't, I think it's a large minority that managed to support themselves by playing poker, not that it's impossible for me to support myself by playing poker if I dedicate myself a lot and one day I'll get there.
It's easier to beg on the street than to win money at poker, I would end up starving.😁🤣🤣

Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Unfortunately I can't...although I would love to. Regards anda goos hands

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cannot provide myself with a game of poker.

Bummy

Bummy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Personally, I don't, I need to save money to buy real estate, and I'm still a weak player, I need to learn and improve, have a bankroll and then maybe it will work out

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, poker is just a small income

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, definitely not. Unfortunately the amount I won playing poker every month is way less than what I win in my regular job. I hope this year my results get better.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally don't but sometimes it's to much for me to handle so i decide to take it easy

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I have poker as a hobby and I know I don't dedicate myself to being able to make a living from poker.

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think this is possible but you need some skills and experience as well as capital to invest in this game. If you can't do it, think about what exactly is stopping you, maybe you need more analysis of your game or you don't have enough money to play at your limit. Sometimes, after a long period of failure, you just need to change the limit and try to play there.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
It is my goal this year that the profits I make in poker exceed my normal income and that I can raise a decent capital to dedicate myself to playing daily.

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it possible to make money playing poker? Poker can bring good money, but it comes from playing well. If you do not devote enough time to training and proper distribution of forces, you can quickly lose your profit and bankroll. Ignoring psychology. A huge number of people have not achieved success in poker due to their inability to manage emotions.
not everyone who plays poker professionally achieves long-term success, and the landscape can be competitive. Additionally, local laws and regulations regarding poker can vary, impacting the feasibility of making a living from it in certain areas.

Overall, while poker can be a profitable venture for those who approach it with the right mindset and dedication, it's essential to acknowledge the risks and challenges involved.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't support myself playing poker, as I only play recreationally and as an amateur. For a person to be able to support themselves by playing poker, they must continue playing professionally and this requires a lot of effort, dedication and discipline.

A

Anyoca59

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
No, no, it would take a lot of learning and time. I like to play poker, but I do it for fun.

L

larabe1997

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
TN
Chips
Whether or not one can support themselves playing poker depends on various factors, including skill level, bankroll management, mental discipline, and the specific poker games and stakes they play.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, I also can't feed myself just by playing poker, I can only save up a little and then buy something in the house. Probably the most effective way to try to make a living from poker is to join the fund, but I'm not ready to do that yet.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I personally don't, I think it's a large minority that managed to support themselves by playing poker, not that it's impossible for me to support myself by playing poker if I dedicate myself a lot and one day I'll get there.
Poker is a hobby for me, but this hobby also brings me additional income. I certainly don't expect a lot of income from the game, but sometimes it's a very nice addition to my budget :)

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Personally, I’m still playing for “small” bonuses for myself; fully providing myself with poker is out of the question :D

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Unfortunately not.. I would like this, but it seems that as I manage to make a decent bankroll, I just start to lose inexplicably even.. That's why I decided to summarize the game of poker as just a hobby 🤪

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friend, I agree with you. I have not achieved it yet but that does not mean that that dream cannot be realized. With a lot of work, patience and perseverance you will reach your goal. greetings

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By 30 percent... I continue to develop....