Are you superstitious before playing poker?

9peso

9peso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have any rituals before tournament, but during the game when I go all in, I always close my eyes and I accept defeat, and then when I open them, I either get a surprise in the form of a lot of chips or a prompt that I've been eliminated from the tournament :LOL:

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, no nothing, maybe just my bottle of water and of course arrive rested and eager to play. The times I played tired I lost quickly, because patience is not the same.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I have absolutely no superstitions before poker.
It would just be an extra burden that would distract from the game.
You just have to sit down and play to the best of your ability. Of course, according to the circumstances (fatigue, mental state), as you manage.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do you follow any rituals, activities, etc
I don't have any special preliminary preparation for the game. Moreover, I have no rituals, amulets and I do not believe in omens. Probably the only thing I always do before a game is make myself a cup of coffee or tea.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only ritual for me is to make sure that I haven't anything else occupying my mind before sitting down to play.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
People tend to believe omens. Superstitions and human civilization have gone hand in hand for thousands of years. Professional poker players also have them. They claim that if you follow them, it is much easier to predict the outcome of the game.Many poker players believe in the help of the so-called guard card technique in poker. You can use anything you have on hand as it. You can simply take a couple of chips from the stack and put them on the cards. This will help avoid the danger of accidentally turning them face up.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes i always pray for poker gods than i win the 90/10 but never works.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. I think superstition is stupid.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, you can’t live without it)

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that superstition does not exist, everything depends on the confidence you have in your abilities to face the problems you have at the table or in life.

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't follow any special rituals

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't, but I've heard that some people do some pretty funny things.:)

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Well no, just grab my ear buds is about it👍

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! I agree - all these rituals and attributes are for those who believe in them and don't believe in their own abilities. For me, it's also very important to have a good mood before the game. And also, after observing and analyzing the factors that can influence my decisions, I either try to avoid creating them or not to react to them; sometimes it's difficult, but quite achievable.
rituals and attributes may hold significance for some individuals, but I firmly believe in relying on one's own abilities. Maintaining a positive mood before engaging in any activity, especially a game, is crucial for optimal performance. It's commendable how you observe and analyze the factors that could potentially impact your decisions, and then make conscious efforts either to avoid them or not let them affect you. While it can be challenging at times, your approach is not only admirable but also quite achievable with practice and mindfulness.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I have some “lucky shirts” that I take to Vegas every time does that count? Lol. Good luck all!

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Never! statistics are all we need

Luckybvby777

Luckybvby777

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
AW
Chips
I believe in luck and skill no room for superstition. If I did that would be to much to maintain and balance all in the same moment. Your bound to bust. I say just play your game the way you want to play. Create your own fate. Good luck my friend 🍀

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
no , I dont have any supersticions ...the only thing I do before start playing poker is to eat a lot and take some drinks around me , like water and some natural drinks :)