Are you superstitious before playing poker?

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've never believed in superstitions, in fact I'm quite skeptical about many things.

I would never believe in pre-grind rituals to have any effectiveness.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there are lucky days, but most of the time it's unlucky

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I am not superstitious at all. I do not believe in mysticism.

Luckybvby777

Luckybvby777

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
AW
Chips
My name is Lucky so I just go in and go with the win 😉🍀. Superstitious people only go so far you are what you believe you are. Good luck my friend.

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Hot streaks and slumps are real. however they work it's human. take a break if cold and run if hot

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello! I agree - all these rituals and attributes are for those who believe in them and don't believe in their own abilities. For me, it's also very important to have a good mood before the game. And also, after observing and analyzing the factors that can influence my decisions, I either try to avoid creating them or not to react to them; sometimes it's difficult, but quite achievable.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, the main thing is to sit down to play poker rested and sober, then there will be much more chances to win something, even if you are superstitious.

O

oskarsbaumanis2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, the main thing is to sit down to play poker rested and sober, then there will be much more chances to win something, even if you are superstitious.
nice I agree with that

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I'll always get some sleep before the game, I'll go to the shower and do everything that might distract me, after which I bring food to eat and some water to drink while playing a poker game and try not to be distracted by other factors when I'm bored watching a movie, there are no other superstitions I think it has nothing to do with poker

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I consider Poker to be a game of skill and luck. Superstitions have no place in my game.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do you follow any rituals, activities, etc
For me, the main thing is to get a good night's sleep before the game. I can't play when I didn't sleep well. This is probably the only factor that affects my decision to play or not.

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
If i dont get good sleep before playing, I avoid to play. Or if im not in the mood , or feel a bit stressfull, or kind a distracted from poker.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Not superstitious but if I'm playing higher stakes MTT's I'll make sure I'm well rested, shower before playing and make a coffee just before the MTT's starts.

If I'm just gonna play cash I have a coffee before sitting or pour a glass of scotch to sip on and enjoy while playing.

Cheers!!!

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I think that superusers are everywhere, and only the scandal about GG makes them sometimes carelessly silent

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I sit down log in and start clicking buttons.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Before important tournaments I try to limit the number of poker tournaments, sometimes I even try to sleep in the afternoon before several hours the start of an important tournament. Am I superstitious? Probably, but I will not write in which poker situations I am superstitious, as it will help many players in the game against me. ;)