Are you satisfied with the way you play poker currently?

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would like to know if you are personally satisfied with your poker performance and if you believe you are playing at the level you want to play.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
I am personally quite satisfied with my game and my results. This year I was able to achieve my goals, even faster than I planned. Nevertheless, I am not always satisfied with my game, and I know that I can play better. That's why I don't stop improving my skills and accumulating valuable experience, step by step :)

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi :)
I am personally quite satisfied with my game and my results. This year I was able to achieve my goals, even faster than I planned. Nevertheless, I am not always satisfied with my game, and I know that I can play better. That's why I don't stop improving my skills and accumulating valuable experience, step by step :)
Yes, it's good to reach a level where you can achieve consistent results, I also aim to reach that level.

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In General i am satisfied for my game improvement. But still so much to improve.

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Not really but i hope i can get better and have better results.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not satisfied with my poker game, I thought I could earn a lot of money, maybe I don't have talent.:(:)

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Mmm i am not a 100% satisfied with my poker performance but i am doing better and improving my skills day by day.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Mostly yes as a long time micro/low stakes rec/hobby winning player. Poker has paid for a a number of nice things I wouldn't otherwise likely own, paid for a few vacations, helped pay for some of my sim racing hobby and still after 20+ years really enjoy still playing poker.

One regret(for lack of a better word) or about the only thing I'm currently not satisfied with is even after 20+ years playing I'm really have no idea how good I am. I mean the goal/dream never was to play poker for a living or make a living from playing. So I've never played much about 50nl cash. On the MTT side I've mostly stuck to micro-med stakes but have taken shots at bigger MTT's like the Sunday Million a number of times over the years. Been able to hold my own over that small sample size thou.

^Never really expected to have this regret or unsatisfied feeling. I think likely this time around when I reach $2500+ on site which is where I usually withdraw $2000 I'll step up too 100nl and beyond and see how it goes. I'll also move up and regularly and play low-med stake MTT's getting away from micros all together and add more med stakes MTT's.

Cheers!!!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Definitely not!!! I make too many stupid and completely unnecessary mistakes to be happy with my game!!! But I’m working on eliminating them and I believe that with time I will succeed!!!

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Pretty much, but there are always new things to learn and improve upon. :)

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have a long way to go and I probably (certainly) never get there.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am happy with the way I play, but I'm not happy with the results. LOL
I go through the game and think about hands where I made a mistake and what those mistakes were.

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, sometimes it is useful to praise yourself and say to yourself, hey man, you play better than 90% of the field at microlimits, but the main thing with this is not to forget that poker, like any activity, does not stand still and there is always something to develop everywhere.
You don't even need to take an example from someone else, you need to at least become better than you are now and achieve new goals. Even on microbets, I have enough mistakes that I know about myself, and a coach who will analyze my game base will find even more of them.
That is why, of course, I often thank myself for what I have achieved in poker, and this brings me moral appeal and reinforces it with material things, because poker is not only emotions, but also, of course, money.

But I still answer NO to the question because I want to play even better

With each new knowledge, it is harder and harder to do it, and the point here is that when you learn the preflop and even a little bit of the postflop game, you can already start playing 50% better, and then when you learn the basic strategies, the new information does not give you such a crazy boost and because of this, people stop developing at this stage and become just a plus player, which is also not bad and there is nothing wrong with that
But still, no matter how lazy I am, I want to correct even these small mistakes and become even better. It would seem that there is some kind of guitar, only six strings, seven notes, several frets, several dozens of basic chords, but you need to learn it all your life, no matter what kind of virtuoso you are. I would like to achieve something similar in poker)

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While I am satisfied I am on the right direction in my poker playing I am nowhere near ebing satesfied.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Not completely, but I'm trying to improve my playing style.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Being satisfied could imply that one thinks there‘s no room for improvement .
Always try to progress in skills and never be satisfied :)
But always be happy about your winnings no matter how low or high