Are you offended by table chat online?

LeanAndMean

LeanAndMean

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Offended is not the word. If one is offended, they can mute the chat. Actually I think it is entertaining. Repulsive, but entertaining. I never join in, well, maybe occasionally ask if mommy knows he is up that late. But it doesn't make me mad.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
agreed. it can be annoying, but I like to chat a lot. harmless stuff, mostly, but I will get into it when I think somebody is attacking another player unfairly.

Rain92

Rain92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tons of this in microstakes. Players go tilt and start flaming all day long. Its actually good if you ignore and grind them for what its worth.

smoothbench

smoothbench

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It provides some entertainment during the grind. Nothing funnier than a tilted guy spamming the chat box.

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well no tbh... i played tons of online multiplayer games...dota,lol,bf3,mw,wow,cs and many others,in every of that games there are flammers that qq and whine too much... i got used to it and cant be offended what ever they say to me...

K

kommepc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just ignore them. Children should be left alone.

ILIKEFISH31

ILIKEFISH31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have learned that there is a 100% direct correlation between online players who chat while playing and the worst players on any given network. Pros shut up, play, and don't give reads to opponents. Casuals chit chat and tilt all over the place...then donk...then get up from the table.

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well no tbh... i played tons of online multiplayer games...dota,lol,bf3,mw,wow,cs and many others,in every of that games there are flammers that qq and whine too much... i got used to it and cant be offended what ever they say to me...

any gears of war? :p

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
why should you care??

If you dont trash talk to your opponent to make them mad, and/or to make them made some mistakes ( to people who cares about), it's just a click away to disable it at all.

I usually dont care about it, and am connecting to the chat only at CC's games.
Other chat's am ignoring.

W

winningpoker

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not yet...... Let me see if anyone offend me in future

S

Scorpio_x_9

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Insulting players

I'm not shure if this is the right section of the forum, hope it is... anyways I joust busted out of a tournament due to tilt caused by insulting and disrespectful player, I know I'm not supposed to be tilted because of child-adults trying to do just that but I think that pokersites should do something about those type of players.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try not to focus much on the chat box,especially the negative ones.It would only cause distraction to your game.Just mute the chat if anything else failed.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The best thing to do is to not bother with the chat, you are always gonna get idiots that pull you down over a mistake you made in a hand. Try not to let others get to you at the table as this will lead to tilt. On PS I always press info so I never have to read the chat.

GL at the tables :)

P

pokieman04

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree if it makes you that mad, just turn the chat off soon as you start the game, 95% of the time it is some kid or someone who is pissed because they have lost a lot of money, don't let them tilt you!!

dirtyoldog

dirtyoldog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find most people start chirping after you beat them in a hand and they are squaking because you didn't play a hand the way they wanted you too. well guess what? that's why I won the hand I like to reverse there pschychi and get them to tilt cuz I have there chips.you must let there words roll right off you and get joy because your pissin them off for sending them packing

B

Bjjartisan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's irritating at a point, but then you learn to appreciate it and know they're swearing because you're the better player

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
"Sorry, did you say something? I can't hear you very well behind this big pile of chips" is a good response:)

wanderingthehall

wanderingthehall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely not, and while I find offensive chat annoying, I accept it as a strategy that other players use.

blitzenfish

blitzenfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let them self-implode, that's usually the outcome. Vulgarians I mute. I'll chat with friends and every once in awhile say something sarcastic along the lines of... j-3 jammed, wow?

G

guutox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it happens, always request moderator, or simply send email to pokertars and they see what players talked and if necessary they block chat for these players.

pokertroll

pokertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was called a couple of racial slurs in a micro tourney 2 months ago on FullFlushPoker.
When I contacted support they looked up the offending players chat and suspended his chat for 1 day.
The same player berated me days later and support did nothing which was very disappointing.
I don't play on FFP due to the ban on Nevada Players but this poker site billed itself as a friendly recreational fun site-Not true in my opinion.

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't usually look at the chat box. Never anything worth the look there anyhow.

P

psychoiticmaniac

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually find it quite amusing as it sometimes keeps me awake, hahaha.
Occasionally I like to make a constructive comment if someone keeps crying, playing out of position with bad cards. I also appreciate a hand well played even if that said player out plays me. Using polite manners such as saying well played or nice hand can sometomes be very productive and have found that on occasion it has helped my table image.
But on the whole, I think abbusive language should be reported and have said player banned.

Hehehe this has happened alot of time with me. And i directly report it everytime most of them got banned. I do also appreciate people with good hands. I just find this too funny mostly kids and retards adults do this.

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait u are reporting people? Snitch...

Sent from my awesome Cardschat SMC reward,Galaxy tab 3 8.0 using tapatalk 😆