DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Do you think you can live off poker?

With Dollar's current situation in brazil, I would need at least $ 2k a month to live well.
But I only earn 500, I would be able to live if I were single, but not comfortably.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can live at the expense of poker, but it is very difficult to realize it. You can't compare working in a manufacturing facility with playing poker successfully. I couldn't live on poker alone.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a difficult way to win "easy money"

With a lot of study, practice and discipline thinking about obtaining good long-term results, you can make a living from poker.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't think so because I don't have what it takes to be able to live off poker!
a base, skill and time available to study and evolve.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I don "t think so. We have to work to earn a living and also to play poker

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can earn money, I live on the money earned by poker. But this is absolutely not easy and quick money.

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know people who really make a living playing poker, they have no other sources of income, and they say that it is difficult, although they like poker, they always cannot win). Therefore, I think that apart from poker there should be other work, with a reliable income. I certainly couldn't live off the poker income.

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's the dream for most of us I guess ... and reality for very few. :rolleyes:

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you can do it. You need a lot of luck in a tournament and you would achieve it, it also depends on how much you consider necessary to live. For example, I consider that with winning a first place in one of those 1 million dollar tournaments in which you win approximately in the first places up to 200K dollars, that would adjust you to live well for some years, so if you could live only on Winning a tournament, which is difficult is, but not impossible.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's possible but not easy.

Playing poker as work should take more than 8 hours on table, it's not fun.

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't make a living from poker if you play poker for less than $ 10. This is fun.

Stick around the forum a while longer.

This place is loaded with freerollers who have convinced themselves that not only can you build a bankroll with freeroll winnings exclusively, you’ll bank enough for steady withdrawals and never have to depo a penny of your own money.

I enjoy poker. And I’ve never tried to bullshit anyone here that I’m a pro or that I bank big money because I do not.

I’d love to be a stay at home pro but I don’t make thousands playing the tables. So I can’t.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I see poker as a diversion that brings me financial returns. Living on poker can be very risky.

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean there are pros, or do you mean purely grinding like Knish from Rounders, for a decent return every month?

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well lets see can you play pro soccer, baseball, basketball, wrestling, golf, racing, poker. if you answered no to this they you probably can't make a living playing poker, but you can have a great time playing and sometimes winning OPM.

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the moment, I can't. But some people are successful there.

KasyakoFF

KasyakoFF

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's pretty much not easy! To do this, you need to spend a lot of time playing poker every day and especially on weekends!! this is the same work as any other (for example, in the workshop) only at home! and there is not a stable income, sometimes in the negative

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To earn poker for a living, you need not work anywhere, play poker every day for 8-10 hours, but with a great desire and skill, you can.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the moment, I can live for poker-to be a small part of it.But unfortunately, there is no money to earn on it yet.We have not yet reached the level of a professional.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Apparently, it primarily depends on your lifestyle, but I think that this goal can be achieved by working hard, day after day. It is obvious that haste in such a case is unnecessary.

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
of course! I myself live on this money

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I say, of course, that it depends on your own abilities in poker ... I've got to know many people in my life who made a living from it. So everything is doable in my eyes