Can you make A living from 25nl?

P

PoopFlinger

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it can be done. Especially if you don't have the whole wife and kids thing and live in a country where you don't need 2K a month to live on your own. That said, making 2k a month at NL25 requires some serious commitment and often mass-tabling (much more than 8) and not too many people consistently do it.

i take back what i said. obviously if you have no family and want to live quiet, it can be done. what im trying to say is you're going to get burnt up sooner or later. there's gonna be days where you don't feel like playing. also your going to have to put in a ton of volume like blackrain mentioned.

you don't want to play micros as a living. there is nothing baller about that. micros is a place where you learn the fundamentals and get a good grasp of the game, and want to move out of the micros ASAP.

fozziethebear

fozziethebear

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I say yes but poker is a volatile beast even if you make all the right moves.

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it can be done. Especially if you don't have the whole wife and kids thing and live in a country where you don't need 2K a month to live on your own. That said, making 2k a month at NL25 requires some serious commitment and often mass-tabling (much more than 8) and not too many people consistently do it.

As someone who has put in massive volume and is a master of the grind, can you relate any experiences regarding overcoming poker burnout/fatigue? Are there times when you are seriously hating poker but still just grind through it?

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe it can be done, but you will need a lot of patience because is too much stress. I have to say that I already tried to live of poker, but it was too much for me and I quit after a few months. Of course, I don't have a family to sustain and I could ask to my parents pay for my things again anytime I wanted. Even though I hate my college, I think is the safest way to go.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As someone who has put in massive volume and is a master of the grind, can you relate any experiences regarding overcoming poker burnout/fatigue? Are there times when you are seriously hating poker but still just grind through it?

I never really experienced too much of that when I used to grind a lot of hands. Downswings would be stressful ya but I would just 24 table for usually around 4 hours and then call it a day and forget about it. If I was grinding 8+ hours each day then maybe that could happen. It's important to have a life outside poker. These guys that are chained to their desks all day, I could never do that.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
even 8 hrs of mass tabling a day isn't that bad as long as you eat properly, exercise, have a social life, etc.