ODRAGD3

ODRAGD3

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I had been having a good pace in poker, suddenly I am not doing as well as I hope because personal problems affect my game. The thing is that I feel that it is already becoming a vice. I would like to leave it for a month and see how it goes if the time I dedicate to the game is worth it or it doesn't matter if I spend it playing with the hope of the big tournament
I feel like I want to take a break from poker but it's hard for me. I feel like it's becoming a habit.

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Taking a break from poker when personal issues start affecting your game is a wise choice. It'll give you a chance to reassess its importance in your life and whether it's worth the time and energy :)

Anything we are here.
Take care.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, it is a good solution to take a break if you have personal problems, and if it will be easy to stay away from the game, then you will realize whether the game of poker has become a vice or not.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
If poker isn't your job (and I assume it isn't) you must be able to take a break. If you can't it's not just a habit but an addiction.

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Always listen to your body, it knows exactly what is needed. If you feel like you need a break, take it. In any case, it won’t happen that the “god of poker” planned to deal you the nuts all October, and you took it and missed it. :DNo, that won’t happen. It is always worth keeping in mind that when we do not play at full strength, and especially “out of habit”, this will always only worsen the situation. If your income does not directly depend on poker, give yourself a month of rest, the main thing is to spend it usefully, perhaps adjust your routine a little, perhaps slightly improve the quality of food, etc. Good luck and don’t despair, we are all human - there is nothing wrong with doubts and feeling tired!💪💪

Huntre

Huntre

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Habbit it is not always bad, building a good habbit it is next step from discipline... Anyways, if you feel something goes wrong, start track yourself, to be sure, feelings are not trusted source of information.

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
When it takes too much of your time it is time for a break, especially when some personal problems arrise

J

Jaiymo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I think you should only start a proper session if you are approaching it in a way that is going to be profitable (and hopefully fun).

E

Easylu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Of course it is an entertainment habit and you could even say that it is a job, because of the hours we spend playing and because of what we can learn every day to be better.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you feel it's becoming a habit i think it's the start of addiction so i would focus on doing some more activities IRL to distract you from poker

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that it's not a problem to play poker everyday even if you feel that you're becoming addict , but the real problem is if you waste money playing it, I mean if you play freeroll tournaments or just spend money that you've won it's ok but if you deposit money and you lose it then you have a problem and you should find the way to heal yourself!

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, it's real! I can't go a day without playing, it's only when I'm going to socialize that I forget about poker, otherwise my spare time is all for him. And this is complicated because I have problems related to poker in my life and vice versa.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
There always comes a time when you feel that poker is not for you. Due to many consecutive losses.
This is normal and natural because it is impossible to always win.
The important thing is not to give up, and things will improve with time

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I had been having a good pace in poker, suddenly I am not doing as well as I hope because personal problems affect my game. The thing is that I feel that it is already becoming a vice. I would like to leave it for a month and see how it goes if the time I dedicate to the game is worth it or it doesn't matter if I spend it playing with the hope of the big tournament
I feel like I want to take a break from poker but it's hard for me. I feel like it's becoming a habit.

And in a normal dispute with a job offer, you can compete with many competitors, being a public position, your chance of getting the job will be much lower, you must assimilate this difficulty.
Andre Akkari Us reveals that many of its students give up the game because they don't get the big prize

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That does happen to me and many others. It's difficult to step away from the game completely. We tend to play poker for an hour here and there as time permits.

As long as you are not getting impatient and gambling in those short sessions, it is all good.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The passion for poker and addiction to poker is very real

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is the Poker habit real?!. If considering to Me, then Yes! Because I play in Poker Everyday, but different quantity of time! Further Time Shows!..

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you feel like taking a break, so what's the problem? Take a break and don't play poker like you wrote for exactly 1 month. You need to realize that poker is just a tool to make money. If you are tired, take a vacation. :cool:

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The habit of poker is very real, you can't leave it, maybe you get angry one day and the next you are already playing

romalion

romalion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
you definitely need to rest from poker, it will always come in handy, during rest, you can tighten up your game a little, and go into battle with new forces

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When we do something everyday, it's not easy to suddenly stop. But if your personal life is affecting your poker results, maybe it's a good decision to take a break. It's not easy in the first days, but it gets easier.

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
У меня был хороший темп в покере, но внезапно мои дела идут не так хорошо, как я надеюсь, потому что личные проблемы влияют на мою игру. Дело в том, что я чувствую, что это уже становится пороком. Я хотел бы оставить это на месяц и посмотреть, как пойдет дело, стоит ли того время, которое я посвящаю игре, или не имеет значения, потрачу ли я его на игру с надеждой на большой турнир.
Я чувствую, что хочу отдохнуть от покера, но мне это тяжело. Я чувствую, что это входит в привычку.
In my opinion, when you play poker without days off and breaks, it can have a bad effect not only on the game, but also on your psychological and physical condition. Of course, you need to rest, but a month's break is probably too long, you lose your skills if you take long breaks. Another question is if you take a break to play but delve into theory for a month, this can have a positive effect on your future game.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Giving yourself and your loved ones a promise to play only two days a week, for example, and not to think about poker on other days - this is already a good step in the right direction, both from a psychological point of view and, most importantly, from a practical point of view, it already allows you to begin to improve your life so as not to be addicted .

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Everybody is different but when our mind or body tells us we need a break, it's usually prudent to listen. I took a 9 year break from online poker and now I am back having as much fun as ever.

Orlandeke7

Orlandeke7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CL
Chips
When time exists, I don't see the difficulty in dedicating most of the day to it, contrary to some opinions, it allows me to stay away from personal problems and my existential crisis... A way to escape from reality...