Can you become a rich person with poker?

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am sure it should, but not me.

For a risk averse, Be rich or poor can't depend on poker.

018smitty

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you can but I am sure that there is only a very small percent that do.

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Living the dream… rich rich rich

Yes you can become rich playing poker… it’s like buying a lottery ticket. It can happen… the odds are not so encouraging… I believe playing live.. you can make more money than online. I’m still not convinced that online sites don’t manipulate cards… sad but true.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you can but its very very easier said than done. You can make it happen though.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Everything is possible.
You have to dedicate every day of your life, practice, have many skill, a good bankroll and some luck.

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Success is not easy in any field be it poker or any sport or academics.

But yes through dedication and hardwork success can be achieved in any field

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Getting rich playing poker does not seem impossible, but many people play and create an uncontrollable addiction, they can lose houses, family vehicles, among others, "the one who plays out of necessity, loses out of obligation":eek:

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Only a few out of a thousand of those who will make some effort can become rich at the expense of poker. Of course, every second person can earn a living playing poker if they want and have the time, but to become rich, you need a certain amount of luck and talent.

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that is possible , it s also like many other sports , if having talent that will earn a huge of money ,

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even if you can, its not worth it. Imagine living under a roof and eating food everyday based on your luck on 52 cards.

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is possible but you need to be really lucky and have good offline job so you can buy good tournament entry but all in your money which you earn in this month or put all money which you saved in couple months or years on poker is also bad idea because many people losted houses,cars,wifes and other by gambling too much.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Definitely NOT. But for me is enough to win sometimes couple dollars in tournaments. Most in freerolls.

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You can become rich, but everyone will not be lucky, according to statistics, 95% of the players play in the minus and only 5% play in the plus, work on yourself, increase your level of play and maybe if you are lucky you will get into 5% of the players good luck to you

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It is always possible, but don't give up your day job, It is better to have a regular pay packet coming each Month, than hoping to win The World Series every Year.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

cardcounter

cardcounter

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Of course, when you are the owner of pokerstars for example. Just kidding. It is difficult and you have to do a lot of work before you win.

TirariAchref

TirariAchref

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
In reality you will lose all your money. That's it.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hells yea you can be rich..and then poor..

At this job your pay can be negative.

L

LOOPY

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel Negreanu has won over $42,000,000 so far in his career.
Watch some of videos he is in, and study his style of play.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

In this game yes, but because of the variance it is a matter of being consistent, as I heard from a streamer who plays high stakes, he says that everyone has a hard time advancing these days; but I do not lose faith to advance in this game.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
No. I play tournaments with small buyins, so I can win $100 or some more, but I can't be rich with poker.

U

UzDarkHero

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not with only poker by gambling itself you can get rich or you can lose everything you have )) It depends on your skills and luck.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
from my point of view it seems to me that you should dedicate too much time and study to be able to reach the level where you can generate a lot of money with poker, in addition to having the variance on your side the day you play an important tournament with which you can get rich

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
opinion

To become rich with the help of poker is possible only for a non-gambling person and a very calm one, for whom money is not an end in itself.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you think?

I think we are all rich already, but that's another matter.:laugh:
However, we cannot have that kind of thinking in any professional or monetary area (investments)
However, I answer that yes, it is possible to become rich in poker, but always keep in mind that the focus cannot be that, you have to focus on always doing your best, what is left is the consequence and the designs of GOD!:icon_thum