Can you become a rich person with poker?

M

muleyy999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what is rich?

What do you think?
if you have nothing you might get more than you started with but you will never be truly rich because only multi-millionaire can say that now and even they don't feel rich compared to billionaires--because a million dollars is not what it used to be and it is only going to get worse

scottychase

scottychase

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bro don't be silly there are so many other good questions you can ask! Why ask the obvious? I'm sure you already know the answer to that question!

mj22

mj22

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CY
Chips
Yes. Its winning money after all, regardless of its amount because if a certain amount of money fulfils all your needs then you are rich since there's is no exact amount of how much you need to become rich.

In poker, you can achieve big number either in one shot or during a lifetime. For example you could win the wsop ME, and have millions, since its any poker player's dream. You can also make it through years by following strategies and safe gambling (play with extra money you saved, not life or tuition savings).
If you think its hard to achieve big numbers, then you are not practicing and believing in yourself to become better.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are many stories about how people became rich by winning money in poker, but no less stories about how everyone lost, so you need to play with a bankroll and not lose concentration

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think?
Sure, with the proper education, dedication and management. Cardchat can help you with some of that. Yet, it still takes three things to get ahead in life: aptitude, motivation and opportunity, regardless of vocation. I suspect there are many more negative millionaires than positive millionaires in this field of endeavor. Many of the poker legends of today were negative millionaires before they became positive millionaires. They kind of see it as their cost for attending the life-long Ivey league university of poker. Do you think you could handle being a million dollars in debt with nothing but poker to claw your way out?

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You can become a rich person in any field of activity, not just poker. Just like in any other business, you need to put a lot of work, constantly develop and improve. So I think the secret of wealth is simple to work and work hard, because nothing comes just like that in life.

siberianspecial

siberianspecial

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
this is demonstrably possible, yes! But I don't have that hope, as I said in other topics I play for pleasure, I look for good prizes, but I don't have the goal of getting rich from poker...

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you think?

The simplest answer is, provided there are professional players, it is quite possible. Even verifiable. How the players get to that point is another matter. It may even be that some pro players get sponsors early and thus have fewer problems with losses. There are many other factors.

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It always seems impossible until it's done. © (y)

M1n1GuN777

M1n1GuN777

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on what is meant by wealth. I think you don't need an answer to this question if you know what prize money is in tournaments)

N

naostarr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can also win the lottery and become rich too. It's just much more likely that you'll become poorer and/or lose time instead.
I love this response.

You are so right in a sense. There are so many more people becoming poorer than there are people becoming richer. Furthermore, to become richer you have to make someone else become poorer, maybe many someones. I don't know if I want that on my conscience. Moreover, to become super rich in poker you have to be willing to take super big risks and bet lots of money.

If you are willing to do all that then I guess it is possible but you might have to take a few hits first.

Good luck with that.

N

n0n4m3

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Rich? You can! Only in the experience that you won't make money on it!)

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, yes, you can become very rich. I think almost all players dream about it. But not everyone is lucky.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
What do you think?
I think it’s not possible, but it’s necessary, as many people in poker have already done, so I think you should watch a YouTube video of how they went through the tournament from a regular freeroll and became very rich

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think so, nothing is impossible in poker :); if you're lucky :)

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that its possible but is very difficult. You must be a professional player and expend very time in the game 🙂

L

legend309

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes you can, I made a quarter million one year.. but that's hardly rich.. lots of people get rich playing poker

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
This question would need an answer if there were no numerous examples of winning big prize money at tournaments. So you can no doubt. But we must understand that it is mathematically obvious that not everyone will be able to do this.

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Theoretically yes, but in practice it is very difficult)

M

MedoxBa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BA
Chips
It is a long shot and you really need to read and watch so much...much fails live in tables and much better understanding of the game itself...Plus online factors and everything..

Jorgesq7

Jorgesq7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think so, but poker is not for everyone, for example for those who get carried away by their emotions, or for those who lose control in any situation

M

miriancastro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think so, I play for fun