Are You Afraid of Bad Beats?

MadMurkin

MadMurkin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad beats are just part of the game. If you're playing a sound strategy and practicing good bankroll management, you'll be able to withstand the variance and will have nothing to fear.

None of the normal poker practices are in effect on ACR, totally different strategy required to play there. Fold AA KK QQ and AK, they will lose you more than you win. Out of 372 hands where I got dealt these 4 hands on ACR I won 14 of them.

Welcome to ACR.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You're wrong. AA is a good hand against one opponent. Against three is not very good. Hoping only for math you will not earn much, but it will help you to calm your mind after another loss:D. Poker is a calculation plus luck, without luck you can not do.

I can not do anything if I really believe it.
But no doubt I will want to play every hand with you if you really believe that poker is luckier than math.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Don't get me wrong, I play KK and AA to the $%^& hilt when not on ACR. They are just not good hands on that site.

Shown again today after 1 hour, I am chip leader, within 5 minutes I am out after a USA donkey as per normal arrives as a late entry at the table, plays like a super fish and shoves on wateva everyhand and wins every single one of them as normal for a late entry on ACR.
I get dealt KK, knew he would call so i shove, yer he calls on 67 and guess who won? Wasn't me and I was down to last place. Welcome to ACR.

Bad Beat happen. Do not label the rooms because of the variance.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bad beats are just part of the game. If you're playing a sound strategy and practicing good bankroll management, you'll be able to withstand the variance and will have nothing to fear.

Exactly, you just need calmness right now.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
None of the normal poker practices are in effect on ACR, totally different strategy required to play there. Fold AA KK QQ and AK, they will lose you more than you win. Out of 372 hands where I got dealt these 4 hands on ACR I won 14 of them.

Welcome to ACR.

You are wrong. 372 hands in total is not sampling at all.
Calm down, this is just variance.

adipop950

adipop950

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop yes y go all in(only with monsters cards) if y need ,but after flop depend of cards in the flop(maybe y fold with AA or KK)

MadMurkin

MadMurkin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are wrong. 372 hands in total is not sampling at all.
Calm down, this is just variance.

So you would be happy winning 14 of 372 hands that you got dealt these top hands? ROFLMFARO, yer wateva, you probably work for them like they have on their site, players that never lose no matter what they hold. Have several of these marked and I fold aces to these players insta. No need to bother anymore anyway, I am out, over it all. Over ACR rewarding patheticness 100% of the time. If you got aces 372 times and won 14 of these hands you would be pissed let me tell you. Now you know how I feel playing on this site that rewards bots, cheats and their own players. Now I understand what 'unregulated' means. Never again.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
So you would be happy winning 14 of 372 hands that you got dealt these top hands? ROFLMFARO, yer wateva, you probably work for them like they have on their site, players that never lose no matter what they hold. Have several of these marked and I fold aces to these players insta. No need to bother anymore anyway, I am out, over it all. Over ACR rewarding patheticness 100% of the time. If you got aces 372 times and won 14 of these hands you would be pissed let me tell you. Now you know how I feel playing on this site that rewards bots, cheats and their own players. Now I understand what 'unregulated' means. Never again.

Look for other opinions, you have to have a considerable sampling to define something. Anyway you can be playing the wrong post.

MIljanho

MIljanho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you lose with AA or KK its just bad luck no need to afraid :)

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nope I love them. They alert me that I am playing in a good game!

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never! Be afraid of bad beats is like be afraid of play poker ;)

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tryied to evoid them as much as posible but thouse bad beats keep comming. It pointless to be scared of them.

bekel285

bekel285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad beats are normal. Happens every day. But also you win some when the odds aren't in your favour. This is just part of poker. The longer you play the easier it is to accept. You just get used to it I guess.

C

Cashcards

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree, but you must keep your head clear

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the fear passes with time personally I not so long ago, soon ceased to be afraid ,it will all come with time

W

winston kay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen AA get beat a lot of times..but that's what poker is all about. I guess it's the luck of the draw!

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bad beats are normal. Happens every day. But also you win some when the odds aren't in your favour. This is just part of poker. The longer you play the easier it is to accept. You just get used to it I guess.

Exactly, receiving a Bad Beat indicates that you are making the correct moves, but by chance you end up getting a negative return. But in the long run you will have your reward.

P

pokerpick311

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The truth is scary when they happen to you at every moment, it is a very big uncertainty because you do not know if the platform is against you or luck has left you aside, despite this I think you do not have to give up because if we make a good game in the long run you win

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I am not interested in the bad beats as much as for the bad plays and wrong decisions I make . Bad beats/bad luck happens :) ,

estefanetti

estefanetti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider fold at the bubble only me short stack, and wanted to cash.
In any other situation i go all in

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The truth is scary when they happen to you at every moment, it is a very big uncertainty because you do not know if the platform is against you or luck has left you aside, despite this I think you do not have to give up because if we make a good game in the long run you win

I totally agree.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I consider fold at the bubble only me short stack, and wanted to cash.
In any other situation i go all in

I think folding in Bubble with these hands you're losing money in the long run.

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have learned to embrace the bad beat as part of poker that I can't control. If I am able to get my money in good and my opponent sucks out on me then good game. On to the next one!

M

mico595

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play big pairs (AA, KK, QQ) aggressively, if someone has aces and you have KK or QQ, that's just bad luck, but you have to take advantage of these opportunities.